If abortions are murder is a dumb question, here is the real question.

sakinago

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012
If abortions are murder, is a dumb thread because it is using polar logic in an argument of hard to define ethics.

The real question is

Where do you define the beginning of human life?

Is it at conception; Is it just before the 2nd trimester, or the 3rd trimester; Or is it at the moment of birth.

Personally, I define it as when it's able to live outside the womb unaided, which can be as early as 26 weeks gestation.

The key point here is that this is my definition and that I wouldn't demand a law forcing my definition on someone else.

If abortions are murder, is a dumb thread because it is using polar logic in an argument of hard to define ethics.

The real question is

Is it at conception; Is it just before the 2nd trimester, or the 3rd trimester; Or is it at the moment of birth.

Human life begins at conception.
Personhood begins a birth.

There are some out there on the left who believe life starts when the child becomes aware of his/her own existence, which is roughly 2 years old. Yup, that's right, I just said that there are some out there on the left who believe a mother should be able to abort her 2 year old child.

How freaking sick is that?

I myself believe that life begins at conception. Anything that grows is life, and the moment a child is conceived it starts to grow. Just my opinion and I know others don't think that.

Personally, I define it as when it's able to live outside the womb unaided, which can be as early as 26 weeks gestation.

The key point here is that this is my definition and that I wouldn't demand a law forcing my definition on someone else.

Using that definition a child as old a 3-4 years could be aborted, after all they can't live unaided. I know that is streaching it, but you know lawyers, given them an inch.........

There are some out there on the left who believe life starts when the child becomes aware of his/her own existence, which is roughly 2 years old. Yup, that's right, I just said that there are some out there on the left who believe a mother should be able to abort her 2 year old child.

I myself believe that life begins at conception. Anything that grows is life, and the moment a child is conceived it starts to grow. Just my opinion and I know others don't think that.

Show supporting evidence for your claim.

Since you just made it up - I'd say the sickness is probably largely your own, isn't it?

Of course life begins at conception, but is it cognizant and viable?

I think people sometimes get a bit too hung up on this idea that when life begins scientifically ends the debat on abortion.

It doesn't.

Abortion isn't a political or controversial issue in most developed countries, because most people in those countries recognise that what may be best for a potential mother (and father) frequently outweighs what is best for a foetus that is neither conscious nor viable.

It is regretable and a difficult decision for any potential parent, but frequrntly the best thing in the long term life of those parents.

If you disagree, then don't have an abortion.

Many, many ancient societies have had the practice of infantcide when famine is prevelant, to save those already living.
Abortion sadly is mostly performed by those on welfare, people that were using contraception and is not the answer when birth control is available, ofcourse I can remember sssseeeeeexxxxx, and the heat of the moment.

The bible says that man becomes a living soul with the first breath. But nobody believes the bible any more.

Ge 2:7* And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The bible says that man becomes a living soul with the first breath. But nobody believes the bible any more.

Ge 2:7* And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Christians believe it, and I have great respect for their belief.

However, I do not believe they have the right to force me to accept those beliefs when it comes to issues such as abortion.

ive always thought that as cells grow and devide that is life and that happens right after conception. and that has nothing to do with faith only biology.

The real question is

No, that's an even stupider question.

If anyone is having an abortion past the first Trimester, there really is a good medical reason for doing so.

But the Anti-Choice morons will show you a drawing of a D and X, and say, "Hey, that kind of looks like a baby." instead of pointing out that a fetus with Spina Bifida or Brittle Bone or Tay-Sachs or any of the other horrid diseases that trigger an abortion at that stage are truly horrible.

90% of abortions occur in the first trimester, when the fetus is the size of a kidney bean...

No newborn infant (or fetus) can live outside the womb unaided.

Doesn't matter how long their gestation, how complete they are at birth, either, sans aid the child dies.

When does life begin?

Not sure, but probably the moment the sperm and eggs DNC meld.

When does authentically human life begin?

Again, not entirely sure, but probably when we become SELF AWARE.

So what is a fetus that is not self aware?

Well it IS a lifeform, but as to it being authentically human?

Not yet, not quite.

Humans don't really become humans until other humans help them to BECOME authentically human.

Some of the players here apparently STILL haven't quite found that humanity.

Forum List

Back