"Idiots," "Anarchists," and "Assholes": John Boehner Unloads On Republicans

On the House Freedom Caucus, whose members at times have stubbornly resisted the G.O.P.'s legislative agenda:

“They can’t tell you what they’re for. They can tell you everything they’re against. They’re anarchists. They want total chaos. Tear it all down and start over. That’s where their mindset is.”

Mostly true.

The anti-freedom caucus wants total chaos and to tear things down, but they don’t want to start over.

Boehner-Post-Interview.jpg

The former House Speaker spends most of his time on the golf course, but he's still stewing over the state of the Republican party.

In 2015, then-Republican House Speaker John Boehner announced that he was retiring from Congress in the middle of his term, surrendering his position as the third-most-powerful politician in America to Paul Ryan and high-tailing it back to Ohio to smoke cigarettes and play golf. At the time, Boehner's abrupt resignation seemed like an acknowledgement that he’d failed as Speaker, unable to corral a growing ultra-conservative insurgency in his caucus. In retrospect, though, it appears he dodged the biggest bullet in American history: Donald Trump. With Ryan struggling to stay in step with the president, and the Republican-held government scrambling to pass any sort of meaningful legislation, Boehner's time as speaker seems downright tranquil in comparison.

Despite his remove, Boehner has been following Trump's ascendance with a critical eye. “Everything else he’s done (in office) has been a complete disaster,” the former Speaker told the Associated Press over the summer. “He’s still learning how to be president.” And as Politico discovered in a long-form interview with Boehner, the Ohio Republican is still haunted by the idea that he paved the way for Trump's takeover of the G.O.P. That idea may have some merit—he was, after all, part of the party's first wave of outsider populism when he was elected in 1994—but in over 18 hours of conversation with Politico’s Tim Alberta,Boehner, now golfing frequently and ironing his underwear in peace, opened up about his frustration with today's Republican party:

When I ask Boehner whether the Republican Party can survive this, he cuts me off. “There is no Rep—.” He stops himself. “You were about to say, ‘There is no Republican Party,’” I tell him. He shrugs. “There is. But what does it even mean? Donald Trump’s not a Republican. He’s not a Democrat. He’s a populist. He doesn’t have an ideological bone in his body.” So who, I ask, is the leader of the party? “There is nobody,” he says.​

On the House Freedom Caucus, whose members at times have stubbornly resisted the G.O.P.'s legislative agenda:

“They can’t tell you what they’re for. They can tell you everything they’re against. They’re anarchists. They want total chaos. Tear it all down and start over. That’s where their mindset is.”​

On Freedom Caucus co-founder Rep. Mark Meadows:

“He’s an idiot. I can’t tell you what makes him tick.”​

On Freedom Caucus co-founder Rep. Jim Jordan:

“Jordan was a terrorist as a legislator going back to his days in the Ohio House and Senate … A terrorist. A legislative terrorist.”​

“Idiots,” “Anarchists,” and “Assholes”: Boehner Unloads on Republicans

Boehner nailed that post-retirement interview. True then and true now. What do you think?
Too bad he wasn’t speaker when the real asshole, anarchist and idiot was unloading on Republicans at the baseball field.

The former House Speaker spends most of his time on the golf course, but he's still stewing over the state of the Republican party.

In 2015, then-Republican House Speaker John Boehner announced that he was retiring from Congress in the middle of his term, surrendering his position as the third-most-powerful politician in America to Paul Ryan and high-tailing it back to Ohio to smoke cigarettes and play golf. At the time, Boehner's abrupt resignation seemed like an acknowledgement that he’d failed as Speaker, unable to corral a growing ultra-conservative insurgency in his caucus. In retrospect, though, it appears he dodged the biggest bullet in American history: Donald Trump. With Ryan struggling to stay in step with the president, and the Republican-held government scrambling to pass any sort of meaningful legislation, Boehner's time as speaker seems downright tranquil in comparison.

Despite his remove, Boehner has been following Trump's ascendance with a critical eye. “Everything else he’s done (in office) has been a complete disaster,” the former Speaker told the Associated Press over the summer. “He’s still learning how to be president.” And as Politico discovered in a long-form interview with Boehner, the Ohio Republican is still haunted by the idea that he paved the way for Trump's takeover of the G.O.P. That idea may have some merit—he was, after all, part of the party's first wave of outsider populism when he was elected in 1994—but in over 18 hours of conversation with Politico’s Tim Alberta,Boehner, now golfing frequently and ironing his underwear in peace, opened up about his frustration with today's Republican party:

When I ask Boehner whether the Republican Party can survive this, he cuts me off. “There is no Rep—.” He stops himself. “You were about to say, ‘There is no Republican Party,’” I tell him. He shrugs. “There is. But what does it even mean? Donald Trump’s not a Republican. He’s not a Democrat. He’s a populist. He doesn’t have an ideological bone in his body.” So who, I ask, is the leader of the party? “There is nobody,” he says.​

“They can’t tell you what they’re for. They can tell you everything they’re against. They’re anarchists. They want total chaos. Tear it all down and start over. That’s where their mindset is.”​

“Jordan was a terrorist as a legislator going back to his days in the Ohio House and Senate … A terrorist. A legislative terrorist.”​

Boehner nailed that post-retirement interview. True then and true now. What do you think?

There's a reason we kicked Boner out of the party: he's an imbecile and a traitor. He stabbed his constituents in the back. It's the same reason we kicked Ryan out.
Several years ago I read that McCarthy was the same. And if the Repubs take the House in 2020 as majority leader he would be like Boehner and Ryan. I hope that is not true.

There's a reason we kicked Boner out of the party: he's an imbecile and a traitor. He stabbed his constituents in the back. It's the same reason we kicked Ryan out.
Several years ago I read that McCarthy was the same. And if the Repubs take the House in 2020 as majority leader he would be like Boehner and Ryan. I hope that is not true.
But Ryan got you your tax cuts for the rich.

Why is he not a hero?

In 2015, then-Republican House Speaker John Boehner announced that he was retiring from Congress in the middle of his term, surrendering his position as the third-most-powerful politician in America to Paul Ryan and high-tailing it back to Ohio to smoke cigarettes and play golf. At the time, Boehner's abrupt resignation seemed like an acknowledgment that he’d failed as Speaker, unable to corral a growing ultra-conservative insurgency in his caucus. In retrospect, though, it appears he dodged the biggest bullet in American history: Donald Trump. With Ryan struggling to stay in step with the president, and the Republican-held government scrambling to pass any sort of meaningful legislation, Boehner's time as speaker seems downright tranquil in comparison.

When I asked Boehner whether the Republican Party can survive this, he cuts me off. “There is no Rep—.” He stops himself. “You were about to say, ‘There is no Republican Party,’” I tell him. He shrugs. “There is. But what does it even mean? Donald Trump’s not a Republican. He’s not a Democrat. He’s a populist. He doesn’t have an ideological bone in his body.” So who, I ask, is the leader of the party? “There is nobody,” he says.​

I can imagine Boehner doing the dialogue from the ending of Howard Stern's autobiopic, "Private Parts."

The Program Director who was unable to see Howard's talent and stood in his way as much as he could, "Pig Vomit" (Paul Giamatti) was unable to stay in the business he loved, presumably due to his mistakes made when dealing with Stern. And, trying as hard as he can, he can't contain his bitterness and deep resentment for the man he believes cost him his career.

For Pig Vomit, the man was Stern.

For Boehner, the man was Trump.

NSFW (Swearing)

What a moronic stretch. You are BoBo level stupid.

You should ask Howard what he thinks of Trump’s effectiveness as president.

“They can’t tell you what they’re for. They can tell you everything they’re against. They’re anarchists. They want total chaos. Tear it all down and start over. That’s where their mindset is.”
Spoken like a true Statist Authoritarian.

Fuck that guy. The phrase "limited government" means nothing to him. Anyone who does not want a craddle-to-grave, all-powerful, all-knowing government is an "anarchist."

Statism is his religion and Government his God.

Again....FUCK that guy.

And Trump wants limited government?

Limited to him and his family maybe

And Trump wants limited government?
Not sure.

We KNOW Hillary didn't want limited government. Anyone who read anything from "it takes a village to raise an idiot" knows that.

She was also real chummy with that commie puke, Sal Alinsky.

:dunno:

Definitely a statist.

Mostly true.

The anti-freedom caucus wants total chaos and to tear things down, but they don’t want to start over.
Correct, they don't want to recreate the monster totalitarian government we suffer under currently. Freedom and government are virtually mutually exclusive.

He shows all the signs of being an establishment RINO. He would be another disaster.

She's qualified to run an organized crime syndicate. In fact, that's what CGI is.

Do they not see how bad their argument is when they say Hillary was the most qualified? "She's been a Washington elite most of her life! She's PERFECT for representing Americans!" Yeah, no, sorry. Her amount of time and level of immersion in D.C corruption doesn't make her the best person for the job.

Last edited:
She's qualified to run an organized crime syndicate. In fact, that's what CGI is.

Do they not see how bad their argument is when they say Hillary was the most qualified? "She's been a Washington elite most of her life! She's PERFECT for representing Americans!" Yeah, no, sorry. Her amount of time and level of immersion in D.C corruption doesn't make her the best person for the job.
"Qualified" is a leftwing euphemism meaning "corrupt totalitarian."

When you know you’re losing the battle, call on the has been former worthless House Speaker to run cover? Give it up already, you’re tactics suck, Americans are getting wiser by the minute!

Wiser to what?

UN Agenda 2030: A Recipe for Global Socialism
UN Agenda 2030: A Recipe for Global Socialism

Forum List

Back