IDF soldiers jailed for online images urging PM to let them 'annihilate terrorists'

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Four IDF soldiers from a haredi unit in the Kfir Brigade were sentenced to 10 days in jail Thursday morning, after posting images on Facebook opposing Israeli military restraint and calling for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to let them "annihilate terrorists."

There have been numerous Israeli calls for revenge since the discovery of the bodies of the kidnapped teens Gil-Ad Shaer, Naftali Frenkel and Eyal Yifrach on Monday, some using racist terms to describe Arabs. Among the voices were those of IDF soldiers on active duty, who protested the military's policy of restraint. Several posted a similar image to the four that were jailed, which read, "The battalion demands revenge."

IDF soldiers jailed for online images urging PM to let them 'annihilate terr... - Israel News, Ynetnews

-------

Expected.

In the US, the general military population is not allowed to make comments on US policy while in uniform - so I am not surprised to see this kind of response by the government.

The military is NOT the government - for better or worse, it's not.

And I agree that the kind of atrocity just perpetrated against three Bible students is something to inspire calls to eradicate those who share the perpetrators' mindset. But a government needs to act based on facts and deliberately, being clear as to its intentions and the limits it will tolerate..... not an easy situation at all.

In the US, the general military population is not allowed to make comments on US policy while in uniform - so I am not surprised to see this kind of response by the government.

And I agree that the kind of atrocity just perpetrated against three Bible students is something to inspire calls to eradicate those who share the perpetrators' mindset. But a government needs to act based on facts and deliberately, being clear as to its intentions and the limits it will tolerate..... not an easy situation at all.

in Israel is it also prohibited, and interestly enough, once it wasn't that common to do that, I believe that this government specifically, in its hasitation and actions against the people's will, cause soldiers to not really care about jail.

Prison 6 is not such a big deal. It's more for inconvinience than a punishment, that's why soldiers are unafraid of it, sometimes.

I guess, though, that the government should stop and think, if so many protest so many of its action, maybe not only the protesters are to blame.

Just sayin'.

Tell those 4 soldiers to send me a friend request on Facebook. Hell, tell everyone you know to send me a friend request [MENTION=36574]Lipush[/MENTION]

Tell those 4 soldiers to send me a friend request on Facebook. Hell, tell everyone you know to send me a friend request [MENTION=36574]Lipush[/MENTION]

:lol::lol:

Lipush, I agree - it doesn't sound like these troops are looking to attack civilians, just to get rid of the terrorists.

If the HAMAS murderers had such 'popular support' as they want everyone to believe - there wouldn't have been a single bit of intel given to the police or IDF. I suspect a great many 'Palestinians' just want to have a government that provides basic utilities and services and generally keeps the peace.....which they have not gotten from either the PA or HAMAS.

:lol::lol:
Tell them to friend me on Facebook too. [MENTION=36574]Lipush[/MENTION]

Four IDF soldiers from a haredi unit in the Kfir Brigade were sentenced to 10 days in jail Thursday morning, after posting images on Facebook opposing Israeli military restraint and calling for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to let them "annihilate terrorists."

There have been numerous Israeli calls for revenge since the discovery of the bodies of the kidnapped teens Gil-Ad Shaer, Naftali Frenkel and Eyal Yifrach on Monday, some using racist terms to describe Arabs. Among the voices were those of IDF soldiers on active duty, who protested the military's policy of restraint. Several posted a similar image to the four that were jailed, which read, "The battalion demands revenge."

IDF soldiers jailed for online images urging PM to let them 'annihilate terr... - Israel News, Ynetnews

-------

Expected.

Israel might get part credit for putting them in jail for only 10 days ... 10 years might have been more appropriate.
Judging by some of the things that are said on this board, many Z's can't tell the difference between a terrorist and a Palestinian.

Its that "collective punishment" mentality again.

Last edited:

-------

Expected.

Israel might get part credit for putting them in jail for only 10 days ... 10 years might have been more appropriate.
Judging by some of the things that are said on this board, many Z's can't tell the difference between a terrorist and a Palestinian.

10 years for putting posts on facebook?

Hardly.

And it's military court. It cannot lock up people for years for facebook nonsense. Incitement is punishable for 5 years tops, and that's in case when the one calling for it is a religious leader or a man of influence.

-------

Expected.

Israel might get part credit for putting them in jail for only 10 days ...

Its yet another gratuitous eructation. -----utterly meaningless. Such a strange
response to a proposal that consists of a demand that TERRORISTS be targeted----unless
the eructator-----insists that all people who call themselves "Palestinians"
are terrorists why call it "collective punishment"? Jail for only 10 days?
why "only"?----any jail sentence during active duty is a career breaker .
Were an active duty Jordanian to post up "MAWT AL YAHOOD" during a conflict--
---would he be jailed? would he be jailed if he yelled out that standard
Arabic blessing during lunch?

-------

Expected.

Like Hitler, you're being too nice.
I say the entire IDF should commit suicide due to the horrendous crime of non-violent expression.

On the other hand, dissent amongst Muslims invokes the death penalty.

-------

Expected.

So when will we see the Palestinians being put in jail for 10 years when they chant death to the Jews. Have you got a prison big enough to hold that many people in Palestine, and will the ones left be able to have a vote on the peace process.

By the way referring to Jews as Z 's is RACIST and ANTI SEMITIC, we all know what you mean so stop it or I will report your breach of the rules

-------

Expected.

10 years for putting posts on facebook?

Hardly.

And it's military court. It cannot lock up people for years for facebook nonsense. Incitement is punishable for 5 years tops, and that's in case when the one calling for it is a religious leader or a man of influence.

If the RACIST INTOLERANT ISLAMINAZI PROPAGANDIST want to see Jews sentenced to 10 years then the Palestinians should also be sentenced to 10 years. I wonder who will guard the Palestinians when they are all in jail ?

Amity thinks 10 years for Jewish "racism"?

What about Palestinian racism? 10 years for Palestinians?

For some reason, I get the feeling she won't like this idea

Forum List

Back