I will leave France later where to go ?

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Bonjour, In 15 years, I will go settle elsewhere and I do not want to stay in France or in Europe.
Perhaps England, but I want to live where it is good to live, the climate, the government service, I do not want the government to be against its people.
There are countries I love in Europe Austria, but I do not speak the language and in the United States I really like Vermont after what I saw on TV.

You have an opinion?

If you like Vermont, you also have to really like snow.

But, you were asking for an opinion on where to go next that would be a nice place to live.

If you can handle rain, and like the outdoors, Oregon or Washington would be a really nice place to go. They have lots of stuff to do, and Seattle or Spokane has all the big city stuff you could ever need.

Come to Oregon.

We have great beer and wine and the weather is moderate.

Not to mention that some of the best chefs in the USA are located in the Northwest of the country. I watch a lot of Food Network and other shows where they visit various eateries around the country, and places in Oregon are pretty far up there for chow.

They also have some really great food truck operators up there.

The rainfall at all the time can become tiresome, the snow does not bother at all here in France in my region the winter is gray without snow and the summer it is hot and overwhelming, we also have a house in Normandy but the winter it's very cold for the older days, and the service in France has become really degrading. and everything costs more and more expensive.

Come to Oregon.

But you also have A LOT of shitlibs. Shitlib doctrine is what has turned France into Morocco North.

Those "shitlibs" that you deride are also the reason that the food and craft brew scene up in Oregon is so big. While you may not agree with their political views, you sure as hell can't argue that they cook and brew some really great stuff.

Bonjour, In 15 years, I will go settle elsewhere and I do not want to stay in France or in Europe.
Perhaps England, but I want to live where it is good to live, the climate, the government service, I do not want the government to be against its people.
There are countries I love in Europe Austria, but I do not speak the language and in the United States I really like Vermont after what I saw on TV.

You have an opinion?
Whatever you do, stay away from California.
Only thing the left cannot destroy is the climate, but they are working on that.

Come to Oregon.

But you also have A LOT of shitlibs. Shitlib doctrine is what has turned France into Morocco North.
Most of my friends are old school liberals who actually follow principles instead of the identity politics regressives as are so over-represented here in this forum.

I do see a few 20 and 30 somethings wearing their stupid fashion keffiyehs, and my town has it's share of radicals, but it is a wonderful place to live.

If Dalia has any sort of taste for Burgundy wines, she would absolutely love it here.

You have an opinion?

Australia or New Zealand.

The rainfall at all the time can become tiresome, the snow does not bother at all here in France in my region the winter is gray without snow and the summer it is hot and overwhelming, we also have a house in Normandy but the winter it's very cold for the older days, and the service in France has become really degrading. and everything costs more and more expensive.

In Oregon and Washington it mainly rains because of the mountains in the western part of the state. When the clouds climb over the mountains, they dump a whole lot of rain, and it's kinda a regular thing up there.

Matter of fact, in Montana (where I'm from), we have a saying..............people in Oregon don't tan, they rust.

But the summers and winters are fairly mild, and the place is pretty much green all the time.

And, like I said in an earlier post, if you like food and craft beer, you can do a hell of a lot worse than Oregon.

Come to Oregon.

Those "shitlibs" that you deride are also the reason that the food and craft brew scene up in Oregon is so big. While you may not agree with their political views, you sure as hell can't argue that they cook and brew some really great stuff.
Whatever...Libs fuck up everything eventually.

Come to Oregon.

Not to mention that some of the best chefs in the USA are located in the Northwest of the country. I watch a lot of Food Network and other shows where they visit various eateries around the country, and places in Oregon are pretty far up there for chow.

They also have some really great food truck operators up there.
Food trucks are huge here, and many of them are better than the brick and mortar places.

I run a small business, myself, and hate the homogenization of America due to all the chain stores and strip malls. Food carts are the ultimate in small business as people can turn their passion into a livelihood.

And, like I said in an earlier post, if you like food and craft beer, you can do a hell of a lot worse than Oregon.

Not to mention the legal weed.

Good point! Forgot about that one because it was just legalized up there.

Although, if I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna pull up tent stakes and buy a nice little shack up in southern CO.

You have an opinion?

upload_2018-3-20_18-10-33.jpeg

I loved Austria. Wanted to make it to Switzerland by didn't find the opportunity.

*****SMILE*****

[

:)

You have an opinion?

View attachment 183737

I loved Austria. Wanted to make it to Switzerland by didn't find the opportunity.

*****SMILE*****

[

:)

You know, even though it's not some place I'd like to live permanently, you can't go wrong spending a summer in either Palma Mallorca or Ibiza.

Most of my friends are old school liberals who actually follow principles instead of the identity politics regressives as are so over-represented here in this forum.

I do see a few 20 and 30 somethings wearing their stupid fashion keffiyehs, and my town has it's share of radicals, but it is a wonderful place to live.

I lived in Scappoose and Portland as a kid and was exposed to the older hippie crowd. What you say is not untrue with regard to the old guard hippies.
They were liberal but you could talk with them. They were truly open minded. Unfortunately they are waning in age and are being replaced by the new guard. A group which have allowed Portland to become a homeless zombiepocalypse.
There is no debating on the beauty of Oregon however...just gorgeous.

Last edited:
And also the place where we live it must not have too much crime here the police is rather lax and in France we do not carry weapons me in the USA I will have to be armed too for defending myself ?

Forum List

Back