I used UBER for the first time last night and I think I did something wrong

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I went to Target to buy a Garment Bag for my trip on Thursday and I ended up leaving it in the store after I paid for it. So I didn't want to wait until today and go back to the store with my receipt because I was afraid it would not be any left.

So since it was only 2 hours since I left the store I decided to download Uber so I could go back to the store last night. The store was 3 miles from where I lived and the cost to the store was $18.74 and coming back the cost was $20.34 costing me a total of $39.08. I thought Uber was supposed to be so much cheaper? I am wondering if I did something wrong to be charged that much.

I went to Target to buy a Garment Bag for my trip on Thursday and I ended up leaving it in the store after I paid for it. So I didn't want to wait until today and go back to the store with my receipt because I was afraid it would not be any left.

So since it was only 2 hours since I left the store I decided to download Uber so I could go back to the store last night. The store was 3 miles from where I lived and the cost to the store was $18.74 and coming back the cost was $20.34 costing me a total of $39.08. I thought Uber was supposed to be so much cheaper? I am wondering if I did something wrong to be charged that much.

Are there different rates for different times of day? A cab would cost about 1/2 that or less.

Yes, you did. You left your garment bag.

Are there different rates for different times of day? A cab would cost about 1/2 that or less.

Not sure but I was just so desperate to go back to that store last night. I am not sure if it was higher because it was saturday night

It was actually 4.5 Miles away from I lived

Not sure but I was just so desperate to go back to that store last night. I am not sure if it was higher because it was saturday night
Yeah, you probably paid the drunk fare.

I know that assface. I am talking about using UBER.

I know that assface. I am talking about using UBER.
How did you know what I looked like?

It's called surge pricing. Has to do with the amount of ridership. The more people taking UBER, the more you will pay.

Did you remember to put on pants or were you in your fucking "draws"?

Um...you could have just called the store, explained what happened, and ask them to hold the purchase you left behind and you'd be in today to pick it up.

2 things:

First, I don't understand how you left it at the store after you paid for it. They usually put your shit in a bag and hand it to you. If too big for a bag, then they pick up the item and hand it to you. Even if they did not hand it to you, you are right fucking there paying for it, next to the front door. You must be brain dead to give someone your money then walk out without the bag. What is really going on here?

Second, when you went to buy this thing how did you get there? Did you take the bus?

Um...you could have just called the store, explained what happened, and ask them to hold the purchase you left behind and you'd be in today to pick it up.

They probably would have told me they couldn't find it. so I needed to get back to the store ASAP

2 things:

First, I don't understand how you left it at the store after you paid for it. They usually put your shit in a bag and hand it to you. If too big for a bag, then they pick up the item and hand it to you. Even if they did not hand it to you, you are right fucking there paying for it, next to the front door. You must be brain dead to give someone your money then walk out without the bag. What is really going on here?

Second, when you went to buy this thing how did you get there? Did you take the bus?

1. the dumb bitch who was the cashier put all my items in different bags. I assumed it was in the two bags I grabbed but it wasn't. She put the candy in one bag, the toilet paper in another, and the garment in another

2. I caught the bus to target and it stops running at 7pm on a saturday night

Forum List

Back