I think Obama should stop enforcing the federal pot laws.

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
I think Obama should stop enforcing the federal pot laws. He hasn't enforced our immigration laws and that's far, far, far more extreme. 51% of this country is in favor of legalizing of pot...SO in fact he has the support to do so.

Either this or take it to the supreme court. I feel that the court would strike down this law.

He should stop enforcing it and take it to the supreme court. :eusa_pray:

The law would be struck down 6 to 3 I'd guess.

Hey Matthew did you see my thread last night addressing this very issue?
Assuming he doesn't stop enforcing it, it'd be a great platform for the GOP to support (letting the legalization of pot be up to the states alone). More people my age are pro-pot than they are pro-Obama.

I think Obama should stop enforcing the federal pot laws. He hasn't enforced our immigration laws and that's far, far, far more extreme. 51% of this country is in favor of legalizing of pot...SO in fact he has the support to do so.

Either this or take it to the supreme court. I feel that the court would strike down this law.

So far he has allowed the states to determine their laws unlike Bush.

Exactly.
Even if you're never going to smoke it in your life, it doesn't hurt anyone (except the person using it in the long run), and the revenue generated would quickly make up for the money spent on fighting it.

He's not going to stop regulating it. He's going to brutalize the states that legalize it. Obama doesn't want states to stand up to the federal government. He's looking for an excuse for martial law.

He has no choice. But he's going to change that, or die trying.

Are you HIGH? Maobama has been suing the hell out of states, but when it comes to pot he's probably ignoring the law himself. Once a pot head most usually always a pot head.

Are you HIGH? Maobama has been suing the hell out of states, but when it comes to pot he's probably ignoring the law himself. Once a pot head most usually always a pot head.

Unlike other presidents who sent federal agents into clinics to shut them down

And I think Obama should do his job and enforce the laws that Congress has passed instead of pretending that he doesn't have to.

I doubt that your aware of it but the Constitution charges the president with insuring that ALL laws are faithfully executed. Of course Maobama could give a shit, but that is part of his job.

I doubt that your aware of it but the Constitution charges the president with insuring that ALL laws are faithfully executed. Of course Maobama could give a shit, but that is part of his job.

It is not just Obama

You can go up the line on past presidents and find ways they violated the constitution

Point is that Obama has so far been better than Bush and Clinton on protecting medical marijuana.
Recerational Use is a different story. Nothing has happen yet though

It is not just Obama

You can go up the line on past presidents and find ways they violated the constitution

Point is that Obama has so far been better than Bush and Clinton on protecting medical marijuana.

Personally I have no problems with medical pot, but it is up to congress to fix the federal laws. In fact I will go as far as to say I think the feds lack the constitutional authority to have any drug laws, except for importation. It all should be a state issue.

It is not just Obama

That's not the slightest bit true.

Obama's DOJ has shut down more dispensaries in CA than Bush's DOJ did.

Forum List

Back