I think "we the people" should be allotted a state of the union address

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
Politicians never really get to hear, or want to, what we have to say about what our state of the union looks like. So I say that once a month, with a full house and senate present, along with the supreme court, the POTUS and VP, an American gets 30 minutes to an hour to stand up in front of them and the nation, and tell them what's REALLY going on out here. Tell them what the economy really consist of. Tell them why they should stop funding gender studies in Pakistan, and hundreds of billions of our borrowed tax dollars on so many things that don't even pertain to 25% of Americans.

Politicians have their switch boards, email and social media links to tell them. But they don't pay any attention to that.

Also, they should be allowed to answer their politicians direct questions while they're on. And get a direct answer. Or call them out for dodging the question.

Last edited:
Joe could and should give a state of the union speech but he knows the fact checkers would take him apart the very next day and the speech would only last 10 min or so... it would take longer for him to find the podium....

Politicians never really get to hear, or want to, what we have to say about what our state of the union looks like. So I say that once a money, with a full house and senate present, along with the supreme court, the POTUS and VP, an American gets 30 minutes to an hour to stand up in front of them and the nation, and tell them what's REALLY going on out here. Tell them what the economy really consist of. Tell them why they should stop funding gender studies in Pakistan, and hundreds of billions of our borrowed tax dollars on so many things that don't even pertain to 25% of Americans.

Politicians have their switch boards, email and social media links to tell them. But they don't pay any attention to that.

Also, they should be allowed to answer their politicians direct questions while they're on. And get a direct answer. Or call them out for dodging the question.
Looks like you will have to get it into the constitution somehow. "Once a money" an American getting to talk to a joint session of Congress and Supreme Court for an hour, wasn't a priority. The only one specified was the President. They set it up, so you had elected representatives to represent you.

Politicians never really get to hear, or want to, what we have to say about what our state of the union looks like. So I say that once a month, with a full house and senate present, along with the supreme court, the POTUS and VP, an American gets 30 minutes to an hour to stand up in front of them and the nation, and tell them what's REALLY going on out here. Tell them what the economy really consist of. Tell them why they should stop funding gender studies in Pakistan, and hundreds of billions of our borrowed tax dollars on so many things that don't even pertain to 25% of Americans.

Not a good idea, people would start lynching politicians from the lamp posts.

Joe could and should give a state of the union speech but he knows the fact checkers would take him apart the very next day and the speech would only last 10 min or so... it would take longer for him to find the podium....
It's scheduled for march 7th.

Not a good idea, people would start lynching politicians from the lamp posts.

And that's a bad idea?

I think lying should be an impeachable offense. Lies that create victims should be a hanging offense.

Looks like you will have to get it into the constitution somehow. "Once a money" an American getting to talk to a joint session of Congress and Supreme Court for an hour, wasn't a priority. The only one specified was the President. They set it up, so you had elected representatives to represent you.

This doesn't have to be constitutionally challenged. Just let "We the People" talk to those who are supposed to work for us.

This doesn't have to be constitutionally challenged. Just let "We the People" talk to those who are supposed to work for us.
Make an appointment with your Representative and or Senator. They are your only shot.
How in the heck would you select "THE" person to give that, where you are requiring a joint session of Congress and the Supreme Court be in attendance? Elect them? You already do. That American is called The President of the United States.

Make an appointment with your Representative and or Senator. They are your only shot.
How in the heck would you select "THE" person to give that, where you are requiring a joint session of Congress and the Supreme Court be in attendance? Elect them? You already do. That American is called The President of the United States.

I've already addressed that. They don't care. And no one gets to hear or read what I say to them.

The American people already have a state of the union, we just need to take it back from corrupt politicians.

We need to be able to say to them on TV what we have to say. Something televised that they can't ignore. Once a month "We the People" get the podium, without a scripted speech, packed full of lies and talking points.

We need to be able to say to them on TV what we have to say. Something televised that they can't ignore. Once a month "We the People" get the podium, without a scripted speech, packed full of lies and talking points.
Americans already tried that with Joe Biden, in response Joe insulted them on camera.

I've already addressed that. They don't care. And no one gets to hear or read what I say to them.
I wrote to one a number of times, receiving more than once multiple page replies not written by an aide. I do not know your Senator or Representative or whether you have met with them. I had met mine on multiple occasions in military settings before I ever wrote him.

You are allotted a state of the union address. You get to vote on who delivers it every four years. This year your choice is Biden. Enjoy his victory lap.

no one is stopping you. i can't guarantee it will receive as much air time as dr stein's (about 3 am on c span 3)

Forum List

Back