I still don't have health insurance!

How about the big boys threatening to jump ship Lib..........................

English?
You couldn't understand? You really are a dim bulb.
"Jump ship Lib"? Sounds like the start of a s/f story. How will it help the OP find health insurance?
It won't when major players are bailing out. But single payer is the end game, obamacare is designed to fail.

By "bailing out," you mean Aetna just bought UHC, right?

I agree single-payer is the way to go, but not for your reasons.

English?
"Jump ship Lib"? Sounds like the start of a s/f story. How will it help the OP find health insurance?
It won't when major players are bailing out. But single payer is the end game, obamacare is designed to fail.

I never said single payer is the way to go so how could you agree? You can't read. An insurance company buys another and that means what to you?

I never said single payer is the way to go so how could you agree? You can't read. An insurance company buys another and that means what to you?

As I said: "I agree single-payer is the way to go, but not for your reasons." I agree with the outcome, but not your interpretation of said outcome.

As for one insurer buying another, it's the opposite of your claim that they're "bailing out."

English?

Even if the "single" payer is Aetna?

To the OP.......you missed the boat. Most ACA horror story writers stopped last year.....after realizing that very few of them can be verified.

Eagle......you don't know how your own insurance plan works. Sad.
LOL

How did you get that out of what I said? I understand that your side is sitting here saying the people getting fucked over by Obamacare are the problem and our employers..........................It wasn't a problem until you Jack Asses said get on the back of the bus and created this Frankenstein Monster............

It's designed to fail so you can get your Holy Grail called Single Payer......No matter how you try and shovel this shit that is your ultimate plan.

As I said: "I agree single-payer is the way to go, but not for your reasons." I agree with the outcome, but not your interpretation of said outcome.

As for one insurer buying another, it's the opposite of your claim that they're "bailing out."
You are completely senseless. If a company decides to get out of it and another buys the holdings that means less companies are in it. And I didn't offer any support for single payer. You can't read or understand simple concepts. How do you even exist day to day?

You are completely senseless. If a company decides to get out of it and another buys the holdings that means less companies are in it. And I didn't offer any support for single payer. You can't read or understand simple concepts. How do you even exist day to day?

"Fewer," as in "Four mega-banks have bought up all the other banks. That means there are far fewer banks with far greater control than prior to the subprime debacle."

That said, if Aetna sees an opportunity that USMB RWs don't (because y'all are screaming "It's fail, it's fail!"), who's smarter?

People who know the difference between "less" and "fewer," for starters.

"Fewer," as in "Four mega-banks have bought up all the other banks. That means there are far fewer banks with far greater control than prior to the subprime debacle."

That said, if Aetna sees an opportunity that USMB RWs don't (because y'all are screaming "It's fail, it's fail!"), who's smarter?

Aetna is, no doubt! They (and the other major "players" in the industry) have conned Americans into selling themselves out as mandated consumers. It's fucking feudalism all over again. Go team!

Those who want to cheer for the insurers are of course free to do so. Those of us who cheer for the millions of Americans who can now see their doctors without running themselves deeply into debt will just smile benevolently, the way you'd smile at a puppy chasing its tail.

SIngle payer would fix this. The unregulated market would be a very bad mistake and that is what you'll get if you put the republicans into power.

You didn't get it when they were in power before.

Want to make something else up ?

This will be the second year that I don't have health insurance under the Obamacare law. I will get hit again at tax time, but it's still cheaper than paying a monthly premium. I will go another year without health insurance as well because I can't afford it right now. Is anyone else in the same boat as I am?

If you can't afford it now, you sure couldn't afford it before.

Untrue.

This will be the second year that I don't have health insurance under the Obamacare law. I will get hit again at tax time, but it's still cheaper than paying a monthly premium. I will go another year without health insurance as well because I can't afford it right now. Is anyone else in the same boat as I am?

Don't buy an Obamacare plan.....you still won't have it.

Don't buy an Obamacare plan.....you still won't have it.

IOW, don't be fooled by people mendacious enough to tell you there's such a thing as an "Obamacare plan."

People want to mince words and deflect whenever they really can't make their arguments stand.

Obamacare mandates certain types of plans and sets the requirements for each of them.

Bronze plans are effectively super-overpriced catastrophic plans. Cost five times more than what you could get before.

Chica was bored during half-time, posted 18 times and split.

Funny how many of the "ZOMG OBAMACARE SUCKS!" crowd never seems to come back to these threads...

I signed up for 45 a month under christian health care ministries.

At least with insurance you can skip 2 months out of the year and just pay for 10 consecutive and still get exempted for the year. I don't know if the same rule applies for health sharing ministries.

The cheapest rate they offered is 45 a month, so that's 450 plus a one time membership fee.
Figure out if that is cheaper than paying a 3% or whatever cut of your income.

^And make sure that the doctors and hospitals in your area will accept insurance from health-sharing ministries.

I signed up for 45 a month under christian health care ministries.

At least with insurance you can skip 2 months out of the year and just pay for 10 consecutive and still get exempted for the year. I don't know if the same rule applies for health sharing ministries.

The cheapest rate they offered is 45 a month, so that's 450 plus a one time membership fee.
Figure out if that is cheaper than paying a 3% or whatever cut of your income.

It would be good to know more.

My guess is that this is a group of doctors who offer diagnostics and some prescriptives. Other types of care might not be offered.

But I would be interested to learn what it is that you have.

Large HSAs Trump 'ObamaCare-Lite' Tax Credits at Delivering Better Health Care

Great article !

Something to think about.

I love CATO

I'm especially looking forward to your explanation for how people who say they can't afford insurance premiums will somehow be able to make monthly deposits to an HSA. Not to mention what would happen if they suddenly incurred a multi-thousand dollar hospital bill that was multiple times what they'd stashed in the HSA.

Forum List

Back