I still don't have health insurance!

kellygirl80

Rookie
Feb 7, 2016
This will be the second year that I don't have health insurance under the Obamacare law. I will get hit again at tax time, but it's still cheaper than paying a monthly premium. I will go another year without health insurance as well because I can't afford it right now. Is anyone else in the same boat as I am?

This will be the second year that I don't have health insurance under the Obamacare law. I will get hit again at tax time, but it's still cheaper than paying a monthly premium. I will go another year without health insurance as well because I can't afford it right now. Is anyone else in the same boat as I am?

I'm doing ok now, but I spent most of my life in that kind of middle ground, where you can't afford all the 'minimum daily requirements' that the regulatory state mandates, yet you don't qualify for the safety nets. Sadly, you're in the pinch point of their "Great Society". I recommend finding ways to hide your income so that you do qualify for the freebies - at least until you can break out of it with some momentum.

That is right! I make too much to get Medicaid because I get up everyday and work for a living. I refuse to not work just to get free healthcare.

I'm doing ok now, but I spent most of my life in that kind of middle ground, where you can't afford all the 'minimum daily requirements' that the regulatory state mandates, yet you don't qualify for the safety net. Sadly, you're in the pinch point of their "Great Society". I recommend ways to hide your income so that you do qualify for the freebies - at least until you can break out of it with some momentum.

Or in Georgia who didn't buy into obozo care.

I'll ask you what I ask anyone who says they can't afford health insurance, and that is: Have you actually run the numbers through one of the exchanges?

I'd recommend you start here:

Subsidy Calculator Widget

People with limited income are often surprised that they're eligible for subsidies, given the RW propaganda machine.

If you are truly low income, you may be eligible for Medicaid...unless your governor has refused to accept the expansion, something else the RW propaganda machine doesn't want you to know.

(One of their favorite myths is that people who are Medicaid-eligible are "refusing to work." Many working people are Medicaid-eligible; just ask anyone who works for the Walton family.)

I hope you can find something that works for you. :)

I'll ask you what I ask anyone who says they can't afford health insurance, and that is: Have you actually run the numbers through one of the exchanges?

People with limited income are often surprised that they're eligible for subsidies, given the RW propaganda machine.

If you are truly low income, you may be eligible for Medicaid...unless your governor has refused to accept the expansion, something else the RW propaganda machine doesn't want you to know.

(One of their favorite myths is that people who are Medicaid-eligible are "refusing to work." Many working people are Medicaid-eligible; just ask anyone who works for the Walton family.)

Just look for ways to hide your income first.

bragshealth.jpg

If you can't afford it now, you sure couldn't afford it before.

Not everyone's as dishonest as you apparently are.

Not everyone's as dishonest as you apparently are.

And now that you've admitted as much in Post #2, make sure to get all self-righteous and start flaming again.

That's the part they always leave out.

But the weren't breaking the law by not having it before.

Whereas you've admitted in Post #2 that you cheat on your taxes.

No, I didn't. Drop the personal accusations. Last warning.

So how many laws did you break to hide your income?

That's the part they always leave out.

But the weren't breaking the law by not having it before.

Whereas you've admitted in Post #2 that you cheat on your taxes.

No, I didn't. Drop the personal accusations. Last warning.

So how many laws did you break to hide your income?

They same number you did beating your wife.

Forum List

Back