Drivers Slapped with Record High Insurance Rates: 'It Is Devastating'

The facts are that nationally, rates increased 17%. If someone's rates "doubled", that is almost certainly because they had a claim within the last 3 years and their rates had not yet been raised because of it or them.

You made a broad brushed claim that "cities are increasing in population".
Which ones, LA, NYC, Philly, Chicago?
Is your google broken? Why do you want to know? If some are increasing and some are decreasing, that doesn't change the point.

Oh, I see. This is sealioning.

The fact is there is a percentage of Californians who just do not have insurance, they do not have a license either. And it is growing.

Not just California. I suspect there is a reason that 60% of my motorcycle insurance was UM.

That's not why. It's because prices of cars and parts and labor have increased, and the average claim amount has increased. Mostly.

And modern cars are fragile, a 5mph bump can cost thousands to fix.

Dude! You are living on the Left Coast, governed by Left Coast State Politics, insurance regulation and business climate, taxes and cost of living, by your own choice, at this point. You obviously can afford to choose better.
YEAH!
He should move to Florida where it's much better.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've read some internal industry analysis about this.

The average increase now sits at about eighteen percent.

The higher your risk the higher your premium increase. So those who represent a lower risk may have only seen a five percent increase, While those considered a higher risk will see increases more in the twenty to thirty percent range. Or even higher depending on your risk factors.

I got the renewal rates for my Jeep this week - it's up 50% and I've had NO claims in over a decade.
You should shop your insurance.
Go for the best price and watch the high priced carriers come down.

The carriers take advantage of
Incrementalism and
Habitualism

I just dropped T-mobile as a carrier. Satisfied with the service but saving $750 a year on cell service satisfies me more.

I'm shopping my Geico car and home policies. I'll probably change carriers later this year.

Incrementalism and
Habitualism

I just dropped T-mobile as a carrier. Satisfied with the service but saving $750 a year on cell service satisfies me more.

I'm shopping my Geico car and home policies. I'll probably change carriers later this year.
I am curious what you will find. In my experience for low risk purchasers , geico typically has very low to the lowest rates.

Incrementalism and
Habitualism

Already did. No other ins company can beat what Geico charges me. I'll be filing a dispute with Geico this weekend over the price increase. They told me it was due to the carjackings and thefts in the DMV area and recommended I dispute the increase. My record is clean, no claims, not in any of the "high risk" categories, etc.

Forum List

Back