2 Questions

jtw4796

Rookie
Sep 29, 2011
1. Alot of Companys switched to HDHPs because of the ACA and doctors are having alot of middle class people say they cannot afford to have things done they need done. Then Why is this a good thing since it is hurting their health?

2. Why should Drug addicts that are too high to work or the lazy who are happy living off the government get better Health insurance for free than we get working?

A little info because of the ACA my insurance is now a HDHP. It will not pay hardly anything till i reach a 2400 dollar deductible. It will not even cover medicines till the deductible is reached. The only thing I get covered that I used not to is preventive test. I believe that the ACA is hurting people because of the increase in HDHPs because of it. HDHPs are ruining peoples health.

The ACA requires insurance companies to provide a certain level of care. If your provider is failing in that regard, report them and get a new provider.

Prescriptions are not part of the deductible requirements, btw.

The ACA requires insurance companies to provide a certain level of care. If your provider is failing in that regard, report them and get a new provider.

In my plan I get no prescription coverage till the 2400 dollar Deductible is met. I asked my company about the level of coverage and they say they are meeting it. I still believe that the ACA and HDHPs are making alot of middle class less healthy. I read alot in the paper about the ACA and the above questions are never mentioned. It seem that people that are for it refuse to mention that it is hurting a lot of people. Honestly the Republicans nor the Democrats care to fix it all republicans want to do is repel it and all Dems care about is keeping it so it will continue hurting people. Right now I favor a start from scratch approach and repeling it.

In my plan I get no prescription coverage till the 2400 dollar Deductible is met. I asked my company about the level of coverage and they say they are meeting it. I still believe that the ACA and HDHPs are making alot of middle class less healthy. I read alot in the paper about the ACA and the above questions are never mentioned. It seem that people that are for it refuse to mention that it is hurting a lot of people. Honestly the Republicans nor the Democrats care to fix it all republicans want to do is repel it and all Dems care about is keeping it so it will continue hurting people. Right now I favor a start from scratch approach and repeling it.

Have you considered looking into an individual plan rather than relying on the company plan? A company that's providing lousy insurance now is liable to tell you they're not providing any coverage a year from now. You might want to try to get out ahead of that.

Yep. Insurance companies are now required to spend 80% of your premium on your health care. I was among those who got refunds year before last.

1. Alot of Companys switched to HDHPs because of the ACA and doctors are having alot of middle class people say they cannot afford to have things done they need done. Then Why is this a good thing since it is hurting their health?

Well, you can get a bronze plan that is nothing more than a high priced catastrophic plan.

Or you can pay for a silver plan.

In my estimation, your best choice is to get an HSA, tell Obama to go screw himself, and hope they lift the penalties.

You'll be ahead in no time.

Well, you can get a bronze plan that is nothing more than a high priced catastrophic plan.

In my estimation, your best choice is to get an HSA, tell Obama to go screw himself, and hope they lift the penalties.

Interesting that you claim "no one can afford" either insurance premiums or the penalties, but you believe they can come up with enough $ to put in a HSA to cover major surgery or a chronic illness.

Voodoo economics.

Interesting that you claim "no one can afford" either insurance premiums or the penalties, but you believe they can come up with enough $ to put in a HSA to cover major surgery or a chronic illness.

Voodoo economics.

ACA is a government watch dog on insurance companies.

Now, that's funny.

As the Cato Institute put it so well.....

Obamacare has made inexpensive insurance illegal.

2. Why should Drug addicts that are too high to work or the lazy who are happy living off the government get better Health insurance for free than we get working?

A little info because of the ACA my insurance is now a HDHP. It will not pay hardly anything till i reach a 2400 dollar deductible. It will not even cover medicines till the deductible is reached. The only thing I get covered that I used not to is preventive test. I believe that the ACA is hurting people because of the increase in HDHPs because of it. HDHPs are ruining peoples health.

Can you help with a little more information on number 2. I'd like to know more about what you are asking.

And is ruining peoples health in the process.

Have you looked into getting an individual plan rather than relying on your employer?

If someone has to do that then they need to quit

Why? In the past, many people chose one job over another because one offered insurance and the other didn't. You should be able to choose a job based on the job criteria of the job itself, not on whether or not you'll have insurance to pay for your son's asthma medicine.

Having employees who enjoy their work benefits everyone.

Have you looked into getting an individual plan rather than relying on your employer?

Why? In the past, many people chose one job over another because one offered insurance and the other didn't. You should be able to choose a job based on the job criteria of the job itself, not on whether or not you'll have insurance to pay for your son's asthma medicine.

I like a job with health insurance and annual raises

I like a job with health insurance and annual raises

So would everyone. But then there's the job itself. Is it interesting, is it challenging? Do you enjoy the work you do and want to take on more responsibility? Do you get along with your coworkers? Is the commute manageable or does it make you crazy? Is the work space itself organized and at least tolerable, if not pleasant?

These are all factors as well. If this is the place where you spend most of your time, it shouldn't be a hellhole.

Forum List

Back