I saw a black bear!

I was driving to pick up my friend, and before they could close the road I saw the bear on the side of the road sleeping in a tree! :lol:
By the time I headed back home, the only road somewhat heading back to my house was closed due to the bear. :lol:

Black bear shot out of tree near Spokane neighborhood | KREM 2 News | KREM.com | When it Matters Most | Local News

Exactly how is the bear's color relevant? Are you a racist?

I understand it also growled with a hispanic accent.....probably an Illegal Black Bear.

funny-pictures-bear-complains-about-bad-service.jpg

o there have been how many black bear attacks....just stupid city people...getting in between a cub and a sow..that is never a good idea..and yea nothing is worse than coming across cubs.....you just hope the sow is in front of you..and not coming up from behind...

here is our defense when that happens:

yell o fuck at the top of your lungs....that startles both you and the cubs....

since you dont know if the sow is behind you or in front of you..you have to do the crab run....go to the side....of course there is no trail there...but run like you see her...and hope when you are running you dont hear crashing noises behind you....cause once she gets wind of you....and gets pissed....you are gonna be ran down....

only thing in the woods that scares me...has two legs....

o and the advice above should scare ya....dont ever get in bear country in cubbing season...just dont....

bear_warning_sign.jpg

The people who poo-pooh bear attacks have got a screw loose.
And I'm not a city girl, believe me.

A bear attack is a relatively rare occurance, given the number of people in close proximity of bears.

I have been within an arms length of a black near Miller Flat, south of Logan Valley. I was not even aware of him until I turned around, and there he was. The bear was not aggressive in any way, and even seemed curious as to what I was doing at the time. Scared the hell out of me.

I have seen black bear several times in Canada, and at Yellowstone. The one at Yellowstone was a scary situation because of the actions of tourist trying to get a close picture.

Even a deer can be dangerous if you act foolishly. And most of the cases of bear incidents are the result of the people acting foolishly.

Bears are dangerous. I get so sick of this fucking "oooh they won't hurt you if you don't think harsh thoughts" crap. And of course it's relatively rare, duh, but if you're around bears you're at increased risk (also duh). So you people who get all mushy about how great bears are and how many you've safely observered to the mutual enjoyment of yourself and the bears, are the ones most likely to get fucked up.

Rattlesnakes serve a purpose and are a part of the natural world as well...and not many people die from their bites each year. That doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. The same with the bear. Yeah, they're neato but they also eat garbage, are unpredictable, and kill people in REALLY ugly ways.

A bear attack is a relatively rare occurance, given the number of people in close proximity of bears.

I have been within an arms length of a black near Miller Flat, south of Logan Valley. I was not even aware of him until I turned around, and there he was. The bear was not aggressive in any way, and even seemed curious as to what I was doing at the time. Scared the hell out of me.

I have seen black bear several times in Canada, and at Yellowstone. The one at Yellowstone was a scary situation because of the actions of tourist trying to get a close picture.

Even a deer can be dangerous if you act foolishly. And most of the cases of bear incidents are the result of the people acting foolishly.

I have had 5 Black bears in a campsite at once up in the Yosemite Highcountry. As long as there are no cubs and your food is properly stored, they keep their distance and leave you alone. There is always the chance that you meet a bad one though. Bears are like people. Some good, some bad. So far I have been lucky the many times that I have been around them. ~BH

Bears are dangerous. I get so sick of this fucking "oooh they won't hurt you if you don't think harsh thoughts" crap. And of course it's relatively rare, duh, but if you're around bears you're at increased risk (also duh). So you people who get all mushy about how great bears are and how many you've safely observered to the mutual enjoyment of yourself and the bears, are the ones most likely to get fucked up.

Rattlesnakes serve a purpose and are a part of the natural world as well...and not many people die from their bites each year. That doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. The same with the bear. Yeah, they're neato but they also eat garbage, are unpredictable, and kill people in REALLY ugly ways.

Thanks for the tips wise one.:cuckoo:

Allie, what about Beavers?

After reading your post, I've become irrationally fearful of them.
:redface:

Oh my god. Fortunately I never saw a black bear in reality besides the zoo. I think it is good that he was transported back in the hills. Actually the bear somehow looks funny in the tree.

:cuckoo:

Thanks for the tips wise one.:cuckoo:

You are such a retard, grasshopper.

Allie, what about Beavers?

After reading your post, I've become irrationally fearful of them.
:redface:

Yeah, you remember that little joke when a bear is eating you ass first.

resized_black_bear.jpg

"Scott, 56, told reporters he was hiking in the Red River Gorge Geological Area ahead of his wife and son when he spotted the bear about 25 feet away. He said it appeared to be about 150 pounds and he took a few photos with his cell phone until the bear disappeared under a ledge. Scott said he was about to call his wife to tell her to take another trail when the bear reappeared. He then yelled hoping to scare the bear off. He dropped his belt bag hoping to distract the animal. The bear just sniffed the bag and continued approaching Scott, who grabbed a rotted branch and hit the bear. But the animal kept coming. The bear lunged forward and bit into Scott.

Scott tried to move behind a tree for protection a couple of times, but he said the bear grabbed him by the leg and threw him into the woods. Then, it sank its teeth into his thigh and shook him."

Kentucky man seriously injured in rare black bear attack

No shortage of black bears in Pennsyslvania's Pocono mountains. I used to see them freuently when I lived there

And that place is now overrun with refugees from NYC, too.

I've only seen one black bear in all the years I've lived here in Maine.

hey allie...scott has told several versions of what happened....many believe he was provoking the bear when it attacked him....kinda stupid to be taking pics of a bear up close...and why didnt his dog alert him....you ever smell a black bear?

black bear attacks are very rare...a black bear's main defensive is simply staying hidden

List of fatal bear attacks in North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You don't respect the bear if you get excited when you see cubs.

Unless when you say "excited" you mean "scared".

And just because something is rare doesn't mean you can't increase the chance it will happen to you.

Forum List

Back