I saw a black bear!

a sow with cubs....we respect a whole lot and try to avoid at all costs....we know when bears cub....and we dont go out in the woods a whole lot during cubbing season....again the black bears main line of defense is being hidden...we dont approach nor feed bears...simple as that....o and we dont live in fear of things that could happen

Neither do I.
Nor do I make up fantasies about only dumb city folk being at risk from bar.

Bears are dangerous. I get so sick of this fucking "oooh they won't hurt you if you don't think harsh thoughts" crap. And of course it's relatively rare, duh, but if you're around bears you're at increased risk (also duh). So you people who get all mushy about how great bears are and how many you've safely observered to the mutual enjoyment of yourself and the bears, are the ones most likely to get fucked up.

Rattlesnakes serve a purpose and are a part of the natural world as well...and not many people die from their bites each year. That doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. The same with the bear. Yeah, they're neato but they also eat garbage, are unpredictable, and kill people in REALLY ugly ways.

Allie, what about Beavers?

After reading your post, I've become irrationally fearful of them.
:redface:

Yeah, you remember that little joke when a bear is eating you ass first.

You don't make me any less fearful of Beavers.

hnmmm again bears dont eat people ass first..they attack the head...and then bears dont eat the person....more or less will play with them like a cat plays with a mouse....how do i know this....son's friend surived a brown bear attack....he did everything the experts said to do...including playing dead...the bear stayed with him for about 3 hours...would reach over and paw him ...he can sure play 'show me your scars' with the best of them

hnmmm again bears dont eat people ass first..they attack the head...and then bears dont eat the person....more or less will play with them like a cat plays with a mouse....how do i know this....son's friend surived a brown bear attack....he did everything the experts said to do...including playing dead...the bear stayed with him for about 3 hours...would reach over and paw him ...he can sure play 'show me your scars' with the best of them

I wonder why.....bears don't like humans....WTF are they too good to eat Long Pig, but will happily scarf down grubs from under a rotten log?

According to Yogi, they love Pic-a-nik baskets.

A74_Yogi-Bear-show-03.jpg

I wonder why.....bears don't like humans....WTF are they too good to eat Long Pig, but will happily scarf down grubs from under a rotten log?

Actually bears DO like humans. That's why they always start (and usually finish) EATING us when they attack. They don't attack and leave us. They start eating you until you don't move or until they're full. If they don't want you when they immobilize you, they'll save you for later.

But they most definitely DO like human.

I watched this incredible show that conducted an experiment: a man in a bear-proof cage sat in a suburban in an area where people routinely went to spot bear (black bear). The cage was in the back of the suburban, which was locked and all windows closed. A few things were in the rig...like a bag of chips, soda, what people usually have in their cars when they take daytrips.

Three or so bears came and DEMOLISHED the vehicle. They tore out the windows, tore off the mirrors, got inside, shredded (and ate) the upholstery, tore off the steering wheel, just did a complete dismantle on the vehicle.

They're just awesome. They're incredible predators, but they're also incredible scavengers.

Actually bears DO like humans. That's why they always start (and usually finish) EATING us when they attack. They don't attack and leave us. They start eating you until you don't move or until they're full. If they don't want you when they immobilize you, they'll save you for later.

But they most definitely DO like human.

That's a relief, but you've done nothing to help be with my Beaverphobia.

Some good friends of ours had their brand new Chrysler pretty much destroyed by a large black bear. When we still lived up on the mountain, about 15 miles or so as the crow flies from where we live in the city now, we would get up and find 10 inch bear tracks in the yard. When the bears were coming into human areas, everybody was instructed to not leave anything edible outside, take down humming bird feeders, etc. until the bears moved on.

In lean years, the poor bears can't find enough natural foods in their habitat so they venture into the villages and sometimes into the city. If they can't find garbage cans to raid, they are breaking into houses.

And yes, when they are hungry, they will attack and eat anything including humans. If it's a mama with cubs, they don't even have to be hungry.

Some good friends of ours had their brand new Chrysler pretty much destroyed by a large black bear. .

"New Car Smell".....even Bears like it....

If it was a Chrysler Cordoba, it was the "Fine Corinthian Leather....." yummy.....it was my parents' car when I was parking during my dates in high school....

Bullshit, bones.
Your friend may have been attacked, but the one thing about bears is they are unpredictable. Yes, they may (or may not) grab the head first...but they may also grab a leg.

They put people on the ground, usually on their stomachs, hold their heads down and start chewing on their asses, taking huge bites out. That's the way they eat. How do I know this? I read about it, I watch documentaries on bears, I've taken classes where we talked about it (college biology, oddly. Or maybe not.)

Mama bears aren't out to eat people, they're killing them and moving on. But any other bear is probably after dinner, or works up an appetite while mauling and decides to have dinner since it's right handy.

The Watch Newspapers - Updated 8 09 Ouray woman eaten by 250 lb bear

The Watch Newspapers - Updated 8 09 Ouray woman eaten by 250 lb bear

"....Baskfield said it was unclear which bear killed Munson, but necropsy results showed that the larger bear had consumed some of her body. Tests on the smaller bear were inconclusive.

An autopsy conducted by pathologist Dr. Michael Benziger showed that Munson was struck unconscious by 250-pound bear that reached through a fence she had constructed around her porch, Burk said.

The bear then managed to drag Munson under the fence where it was wrapped around a stairwell.

“The official cause of death was multiple trauma due to bear attack and the manner of death was ruled accidental,” Burk said.

The bear appears to have swatted or struck Munson on the head, Burk said, based on claw marks and hemorrhaging, according to the pathologist’s report.

“It basically knocked her out and caused her to go unconscious,” he said, based on the pathologist’s report.

“It was very evident at the scene that she had been drug off the porch into the yard, where she was then devoured by the bear,” he said."

Forum List

Back