I Remember Pearl Harbor

Wildman

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2013
this Side of Heaven
Do you ?
gallery_135_65_30365.jpg

well......, do you ?

Heard the report of the attack on the radio while sitting at the breakfast table.
I remember hearing of the 300th advisor killed in Vietnam, on my homemade razor-blade radio.

I don't even remember the Korean War, though I did know my uncle had been called up to go somewhere.

We all remember the big momentous things but for some the run of the mill tragedies are soon forgotten if they are noticed at all. It takes big things for Americans to pay attention to the world.

When I lived in San Diego I worked in a liquor store while going to school, and they had a Japanese restaurant next door that served the best food. Fresh Albacore. One of the cooks always walked through the store I worked at with his Japanese Navy cap on December 7th every year.

Heard the report of the attack on the radio while sitting at the breakfast table.
Do you ?
gallery_135_65_30365.jpg

well......, do you ?
Yep, those sneaky Japs. Give me a minute though, I have to adjust my Sony TV.
Sony is overpriced.
So is Tokyo but life goes on.

Last U.S. TV Maker Will Sell Control to Koreans
By BARNABY J. FEDER
Published: July 18, 1995

In the early 1950's, more than 90 American companies made television sets. Today, the last American-owned television manufacturer, the Zenith Electronics Corporation, gave up its battle to survive on its own and agreed to sell a controlling interest to a South Korean industrial giant.

LG Electronics Inc., the South Korean manufacturer whose products sell under the Goldstar name, announced with Zenith that it would lift its stake in that company to 57.7 percent from the current 3.8 percent. It will gain control by paying $10 a share, or more than $350 million, for a combination of newly issued and existing Zenith common stock.

Zenith, which is based just north of here in Glenview, was founded in 1918 as a radio manufacturer and in the years after World War II fought for leadership in the television industry against rivals like RCA, General Electric, Magnavox, and Motorola.
Last U.S. TV Maker Will Sell Control to Koreans - New York Times

When I lived in San Diego I worked in a liquor store while going to school, and they had a Japanese restaurant next door that served the best food. Fresh Albacore. One of the cooks always walked through the store I worked at with his Japanese Navy cap on December 7th every year.
I worked with a Jap.

I rolled a cherry bomb under his desk every Hiroshima and Nagasaki Day.

; - )

I worked with a Jap.

; - )
Yep, good little rice ****** hater. You were born too late.

I wasn't born yet when it happened, but I have met several Vets who were there. The first man killed from our county in WWII was on the Arizona.

I worked with a Jap.

; - )
Yep, good little rice ****** hater. You were born too late.
Dumbass.

The ;-) was for dolts like you.

Forum List

Back