I realize something this evening walking down the street with a mask on in humid weather

That;s the only way I can buy those delicious meals out of trader joes

My better half almost passed out in the grocery store. She literally had to lay down on a bench. She hasn't worn a mask ever since.

A lot of people around here are ditching the masks.

I wore one once. That was it. I go wherever I want. Nobody has ever said anything to me. I've been kind of hoping someone would pop off, to be perfectly honest.

Last edited:
There is no way in hell you can wear a mask outside in JUNE. you will pass the fuck out. It wasnt even 90 and I was unable to BREATHE EASY

By August the masks will be gone lol
Don't be a wuss. Of course you can. It is just not as comfortable or you need a different mask or both. You pay people to do 24 hour MOPP4 training and I have seen it done in June or July. A mask only for a little while is not a big deal. We are not required to wear one just to be outside where I live, although it is recommended for crowd situations or inside of stores and businesses. This won't last forever in most places and I won't visit those places if it does. Try working up wearing one on an exercise bike in your air conditioned den. Might do you some good. I do 6 or 7 miles in a 30 minute workout every day or two, depending on what I have going on. That is not particularly fast or demanding on level 6 and my heart rate stays mostly below 130 and I do a leisurely cool down cycle. The Schwinn has a built in fan, blowing straight at me. Not high performance stuff, but beneficial.

There is no way in hell you can wear a mask outside in JUNE. you will pass the fuck out. It wasnt even 90 and I was unable to BREATHE EASY

Don't be a wuss. Of course you can. It is just not as comfortable or you need a different mask or both. You pay people to do 24 hour MOPP4 training and I have seen it done in June or July. A mask only for a little while is not a big deal. We are not required to wear one just to be outside where I live, although it is recommended for crowd situations or inside of stores and businesses. This won't last forever in most places and I won't visit those places if it does. Try working up wearing one on an exercise bike in your air conditioned den. Might do you some good. I do 6 or 7 miles in a 30 minute workout every day or two, depending on what I have going on. That is not particularly fast or demanding on level 6 and my heart rate stays mostly below 130 and I do a leisurely cool down cycle. The Schwinn has a built in fan, blowing straight at me. Not high performance stuff, but beneficial.

I tried it for a half of block and my body was telling me to take that shit off. Now I was in downtown philly so maybe that had a lot to do with it. Very humid and so many people had it around their neck to avoid passing out

You are correct sir, those masks are not meant for hot humid conditions. They will soon be as popular as platform disco shoes.

it would have been perfect for winter weather lol

Get your fat ass out and exercise more. I run and play basketball with a mask on. Builds endurance.

Play basketball with a mask? U slow
Basketball is classified as a contact/collision sport. By the very nature of the game sometimes you are going to be right up in each others' faces breathing heavily. It's inevitable. Near perfect circumstances for the transmission of respiratory pathogens such as SARS CoV-2.

I tried it for a half of block and my body was telling me to take that shit off. Now I was in downtown philly so maybe that had a lot to do with it. Very humid and so many people had it around their neck to avoid passing out
It ain't any fun. That's for sure. You normally in decent shape? It occurred to my after I posted that it might be bad to suggest someone start to exercise program. Heck, I got a complete cardiac and circulatory exam including stress test before I took up skiing 5 years ago. A lot of places you can't get elective testing to even find out if you should start exercising or not.

If you are outside in the heat walking or jogging then the mask is rather pointless anyway. Distancing is not only effective in that setting, it will outperform a mask anyway.

The masks I've worn in the last few months went from being hugely suffocating to just barley suffocating . I just rode my bike to the store to-day, had my mask in my pocket until I walked in. Put it on, got my bare necessities, took it off and rode off. What pissed me off most? Cops parked on the sidewalk instead of the neat and tidy little "Police Parking" spot that used to be devoted to the handicapped. And that spot was...empty.

You must be in terrible condition.

Maybe you need an exercise routine?

Build up that lung capacity.

[6-Pack] Neck Gaiter Scarf, Breathable Bandana Face Mask Cooling Neck Gaiter for Men Women Cycling Hiking Fishing. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0872PLB1K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ifkYEbMKC5WCW

No interest in that silly shit
Then stay in and save lives.

Unless you are in a very crowded venue, wearing a mask outside with people spaced yards apart makes no sense. I have worn a mask exactly once during this entire disaster and that was last week when I picked up my nephews at the airport. I had three young men in my car who had just got off a plane that was PACKED to 80% capacity. They were wearing masks when I picked them up so I wore one too for the ride home. That seemed a reasonable time to wear one, but not in the great outdoors in the fresh air and sunlight.

It isn't a lung capacity issue, those things clog up when it's hot and humid.

Its HUMIDITY ISSUE

Forum List

Back