I never thought I'd see the day...

...where there were actually Americans who are against the Constitution. And, not just one, but many, many Americans who are against the Constitution.

Never did I think I would see that. Stunning.

That day arrived some 30 to 40 years ago, with the advent of the social right and Christian fundamentalism. During that time we’ve seen Americans going against the Constitution by trying to destroy privacy rights, trying to destroy the First Amendment by seeking to conjoin church and State, and opposing the Constitution with regard to due process rights concerning immigration.

And sadly today we have Americans against the Constitution by trying to deny same-sex couples their equal protection right to marry.

...where there were actually Americans who are against the Constitution. And, not just one, but many, many Americans who are against the Constitution.

Nothing amazes me at this point.

Since the OP did not deign to tell us just what she is talking about specifically, one has to assume it is the 2nd Amendment...which last time I checked said something about being "well regulated".

Not to mention some of our founding fathers were into the idea of tearing up the constitution every nineteen years and writing a new one. I personally think it's kind of stupid to try to govern the 21st century world with an 18th century document but I do appreciate and respect it's place in our history.

Two of our Bill of Rights are "obsolete"?????????

I never thought I would ever hear a single person say that.

I also never thought I'd see the day that the POTUS takes it upon himself to bypass the judiciary so that he can execute US citizens, either....and it's all A-OK for way too many.

I also never thought I'd see the day that the POTUS takes it upon himself to bypass the judiciary so that he can execute US citizens, either....and it's all A-OK for way too many.

lemmings.....

sad to say.....what am seeing is scary. Scary becasue they are blind to what they are supporting.

Lincoln??

Lincoln??
Obama considers himself a modern-day Lincoln, so that works.

lemmings.....

sad to say.....what am seeing is scary. Scary becasue they are blind to what they are supporting.
The dumbing down of a generation has worked...Useful Idiots.

Lincoln??
Obama considers himself a modern-day Lincoln, so that works.

He's far from that. He doesn't have the balls.

Since the OP did not deign to tell us just what she is talking about specifically, one has to assume it is the 2nd Amendment...which last time I checked said something about being "well regulated".

Not to mention some of our founding fathers were into the idea of tearing up the constitution every nineteen years and writing a new one. I personally think it's kind of stupid to try to govern the 21st century world with an 18th century document but I do appreciate and respect it's place in our history.

It still holds up pretty well.

There’s still only one Bill of Rights, made up of ten Amendments.

The OP seems to want to continue with the guessing-game, so I’ll wager the Second Amendment is one of the Rights she’s concerned about.

The OP seems to want to continue with the guessing-game, so I’ll wager the Second Amendment is one of the Rights she’s concerned about.

Shit, over the last 50 years they've pretty much wiped out MOST of them...

I've seen several posters say that both the 2nd and 3rd are "obsolete".

The dumbing down of America is complete.

I have no clue what this lady is babbling about... but admittedly I like her avatar so I'm restraining myself from going in for the kill.

Forum List

Back