I never thought I'd see the day...

Two of our Bill of Rights are "obsolete"?????????

I never thought I would ever hear a single person say that.

I also never thought I'd see the day that the POTUS takes it upon himself to bypass the judiciary so that he can execute US citizens, either....and it's all A-OK for way too many.

There’s still only one Bill of Rights, made up of ten Amendments.

The OP seems to want to continue with the guessing-game, so I’ll wager the Second Amendment is one of the Rights she’s concerned about.

I have no clue what this lady is babbling about... but admittedly I like her avatar so I'm restraining myself from going in for the kill.
Do you have any idea the lbs/in^2 of a Basset's jaw? ;)

The OP seems to want to continue with the guessing-game, so I’ll wager the Second Amendment is one of the Rights she’s concerned about.

I have no clue what this lady is babbling about... but admittedly I like her avatar so I'm restraining myself from going in for the kill.
Do you have any idea the lbs/in^2 of a Basset's jaw? ;)

I don't... but I have a terrible weakness for basset hounds and beagles. By far my favorite dogs and they always have super cool and laid back personalities.

Obama considers himself a modern-day Lincoln, so that works.

He's far from that. He doesn't have the balls.
I don't know if I would call it balls, rather just plain evil arrogance and limp-dicked power grab...execution of US citizens without judicial review.

just some food for thought here. I don't agree with him being able to do so, but what should he do?

He goes and does this he basically is saying he ( or any other sitting president ) can strip you of your rights ( which honestly they always had this ability Si.)

Or he catches them and brings them to trial, but what type? Civil? Military?
The right whined when he pushed for Civil courts. saying these people are so dangerous we can't have them in our Prisons. Which is quite retarded.

He has so far played a fine line with this because these people were "terrorists" and people are not going to get outraged over this. Well not a majority that is.

I don't know if I would call it balls, rather just plain evil arrogance and limp-dicked power grab...execution of US citizens without judicial review.

just some food for thought here. I don't agree with him being able to do so, but what should he do?

He goes and does this he basically is saying he ( or any other sitting president ) can strip you of your rights ( which honestly they always had this ability Si.)

The right whined when he pushed for Civil courts. saying these people are so dangerous we can't have them in our Prisons. Which is quite retarded.

He has so far played a fine line with this because these people were "terrorists" and people are not going to get outraged over this. Well not a majority that is.

A President Ron Paul would not likely have been any better on this issue, either.

I also never thought I'd see the day that the POTUS takes it upon himself to bypass the judiciary so that he can execute US citizens, either....and it's all A-OK for way too many.

Sigh…

It’s the same tedious rightist nonsense about how America has lost its way, how Americans are not only ignorant of their Constitution but have turned against it, if not willingly then through indifference, and how we’re basically all doomed.

Of course this despondency will pass one a republican is president, at which point everything will be just fine.

lemmings.....

sad to say.....what am seeing is scary. Scary becasue they are blind to what they are supporting.
The dumbing down of a generation has worked...Useful Idiots.

more like the generation of...... give me.... give me now.

I see what you're saying but the fact of the matter is these were US citizens, supposedly protected by the US Constitution. The other guys were foreigners. Not saying we shouldn't be constitutional with them, either, but they really are not guaranteed the protections that US citizens are. No due process, no judicial review, nothing but execution for US citizens that the Executive branch decided....on their own...should be on a kill list.

That and the fact that I have seen several posters declare that at least two of our amendments in our Bill of Rights are obsolete. The Bill of Rights is timeless.

Obama considers himself a modern-day Lincoln, so that works.

Americans actively waging war on the US from foreign soil, I got no problem with that. He made himself an enemy combatant and got what he deserved.

Americans actively waging war on the US from foreign soil, I got no problem with that. He made himself an enemy combatant and got what he deserved.
These Americans were not in a war zone nor was there any imminent threat from them. So, the POTUS gets no excuse for summary executions. That is not his jurisdiction, rather it is that of the courts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back