I Love you American Folk's But...

Keep up what you're doing Dalia. We'r all behind you.

J'aime la façon dont tu publies

No. "We" are not. This is an English speaking board for a reason. If you want to speak other languages, join another board where they speak that language. It's really as simple as that, whether that offends you or someone else doesn't really matter in any way, shape, or form.

The point is well taken that theoretically it could become a problem, but then why would it not be ok to have a special thread just like many other special threads around here? maybe a thread dedicated to French phrases. It is a US message board and France has historically played a large part in US history.
You are so right the history of the united states is linked to France, we owe you a proud candle (it is a French expression which means we owe you a lot) which is eternal for what you have given us!

A video in French with a English explanation .!

Like if I was to join a French speaking board and was speaking English. If you want to speak French, then join a board where that the is the language you speak. Otherwise . . . speaka da English.

Ah, go pahk da cah in Hahvahd Yahd. :meow:

Too bad. If we all were speaking different languages, communication would be difficult. If speaking another language is that important to you, I'm sure there are some forums out there where they are speaking other languages. This is United States Message Board where the vast majority of people speak or at least understand English. The rules make total sense.
I speak first with my heart but for some people that not enough.

As I said above Dalia, even tho moderators can't take the time to translate posts in 10 different languages, if you have made contacts on USMB that speak a more comfortable language, feel free to open a separate tab for chatting on your profile pages in French. Or in PM conversations..
Thank you flacaltenn, I speak on my profile more often in English I answer the language that one addresses to me;)

Like if I was to join a French speaking board and was speaking English. If you want to speak French, then join a board where that the is the language you speak. Otherwise . . . speaka da English.

Too bad. If we all were speaking different languages, communication would be difficult. If speaking another language is that important to you, I'm sure there are some forums out there where they are speaking other languages. This is United States Message Board where the vast majority of people speak or at least understand English. The rules make total sense.

As I said above Dalia, even tho moderators can't take the time to translate posts in 10 different languages, if you have made contacts on USMB that speak a more comfortable language, feel free to open a separate tab for chatting on your profile pages in French. Or in PM conversations..
Thank you flacaltenn, I speak on my profile more often in English I answer the language that one addresses to me;)

Spoken like a true Montréaler. :113:

Watch it Pogo Chris will be after you for speaking French

No. "We" are not. This is an English speaking board for a reason. If you want to speak other languages, join another board where they speak that language. It's really as simple as that, whether that offends you or someone else doesn't really matter in any way, shape, or form.

The point is well taken that theoretically it could become a problem, but then why would it not be ok to have a special thread just like many other special threads around here? maybe a thread dedicated to French phrases. It is a US message board and France has historically played a large part in US history.
You are so right the history of the united states is linked to France, we owe you a proud candle (it is a French expression which means we owe you a lot) which is eternal for what you have given us!

Well thanks!, there was that, but I was thinking more of all the help we got from the French in the American Revolution. Without which we probably would not have succeeded and who knows then what the course of history would have been.

Well thanks!, there was that, but I was thinking more of all the help we got from the French in the American Revolution. Without which we probably would not have succeeded and who knows then what the course of history would have been.

Okay it's true Gilbert of Motier de La Fayette to help you with the American Revolution.

Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette - Wikipedia

Watch it Pogo Chris will be after you for speaking French

Stuck an accent aigu right in her eye, I did. Arrr.

Do you think since ChrisL complained. she thought y'all were talking about her?

I know in any case that there are Russians here who are very rude and in addition they speak in Russians, and I receive some kind of speeches about a single humorous thread

Farfegnugen

I don't know any German but I just hate being left out of conversations.

I know in any case that there are Russians here who are very rude and in addition they speak in Russians, and I receive some kind of speeches about a single humorous thread

Yes, I have seen those Russians around here. They are kind of "humoristique" in their own way, but maybe they do not realize it.
And yes of course its easier to pick on the nice French Lady, instead of the Spetsnaz brothers!

Yes, I have seen those Russians around here. They are kind of "humoristique" in their own way, but maybe they do not realize it.
And yes of course its easier to pick on the nice French Lady, instead of the Spetsnaz brothers!
The Russians are not against me at the forum but hey, I see that there are against other members.

Forum List

Back