I love it! CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA 'FIGHT IN STREETS'

Birth control isn't murder.

This clearly is ....

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced a little over a week ago that almost all employers, including Catholic employers, will be forced to offer their employees’ health coverage that includes sterilization, abortion-inducing drugs, and contraception.

All this "freedom" is coming from the very same people who do not believe that people have a right to free medical care for smoking and obesity related conditions. They would happily say that an employer has to right to deny employment to people who smoke, or have a high BMI.

So much for freedom.

The thing is, Art, that - whether you agree with the Church's position on birth control or not is irrelevant. This is fundamentally a First Amendment issue. The problem is that liberals are incapable of sticking to the facts and not getting their panties in a wad about the actual issue.

Not hard. First Amendment - the right to freedom of religion. Do we have that in America or not?

I've been saying this whole thread that I disagree with their policy but that they should be allowed to keep it.

Hello?

So, support the waiver. Simple.

I won't support the waiver nor will I support the government's case.

I think the Church is backwards and I'm calling it a wash.

It is about one thing and one thing only. The First Amendment. If you support the First Amendment, you must support the Catholic Church in this fight. If, however, the Constitution is a meaningless piece of paper, fine. Say so.

That is absolute horse shit. Based on your reasoning, we should have supported bin Laden in the 9/11 attacks. It's their religion, right? First Amendment, right!

Wrong. The First Amendment does not give a group carte blanche to do whatever they want, or to violate the law. If Catholics want to believe that contraception is a sin, go ahead, the government won't stop you. If Catholics want to choose to not use contraception, go ahead, the government won't stop you. But if people who have an EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP with the church don't want to believe what the church teaches, then that is their right. Claims of religious conviction do not justify an employer making the decision for the employee.

True! But if Catholic organizations did not have government interference to begin with, they would have only hired Catholics. The decision on whether to use birth control or have an abortion is not in question. Does the employee have the right to force the employer to pay for the birth control and abortion? That's the issue and I hope the Church never lets the government forget it.
I'm pretty sure that Catholics could only hire Catholics if that is what they wanted to do.

Why are they employing people that use birth control to begin with? Sounds to me that they are doing something that they consider evil by doing so.

Such hypocrites.

That is absolute horse shit. Based on your reasoning, we should have supported bin Laden in the 9/11 attacks. It's their religion, right? First Amendment, right!

The Al Queda guys who flew planes into the towers were U.S. citizens, entitled to First Amendment rights?

You really are a dummy, aren't you.

Truthmatter's sock perhaps?

Straw man, and completely unrelated to what I said. Go back to terrorist training camp.

Your religion should NOT keep people from medical treatment anymore than it should allow preists to rape children

I know. Obama and some of you clowns actually think this isn't a big deal amongst Catholics.

Talk about blatant ignorance.

Laughable.

Ok, hold it, time out.

Warrior, you're defending this? You're not actually saying you're Catholic, or even religious, in any way...

.... are you?

Perhaps the most vile, arrogant, hateful, consistently and dependably vulgar poster on this board is claiming to be a Christian?

Yikes. You can't make this stuff up.

That's the beauty of being a Catholic - I can call you an assbrain or dicklips all day long - and go to confession.

My, isn't that convenient.

Religion and religious people become more laughable every single day.

Thanks for the laugh nutter!

Wrong. The First Amendment does not give a group carte blanche to do whatever they want, or to violate the law. If Catholics want to believe that contraception is a sin, go ahead, the government won't stop you. If Catholics want to choose to not use contraception, go ahead, the government won't stop you. But if people who have an EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP with the church don't want to believe what the church teaches, then that is their right. Claims of religious conviction do not justify an employer making the decision for the employee.

True! But if Catholic organizations did not have government interference to begin with, they would have only hired Catholics. The decision on whether to use birth control or have an abortion is not in question. Does the employee have the right to force the employer to pay for the birth control and abortion? That's the issue and I hope the Church never lets the government forget it.
I'm pretty sure that Catholics could only hire Catholics if that is what they wanted to do.

Why are they employing people that use birth control to begin with? Sounds to me that they are doing something that they consider evil by doing so.

Such hypocrites.

Big Corporations all got the waivers they wanted. We didn't. Why? What makes the Church 'different' to those companies who donated to Obama? The donations? The fact that the hard left disapprove of the Catholic Church?

We aren't hypocrites, we employ non-Catholics... we provide services to non Catholics. We helped 8 million of America's poorest people last year. 8 fucking million people. Did you? No. We did. Every disaster anywhere in the world... we're there. Every inner city getto - we're there. Every uninsured American - we're there. You aren't. We are. All we're asking is that the government recognize our duty to be there - to do those things - and waiver the church like they have waivered very fucking big corporation.

The hypocrites in this fight... that is you.

Birth control isn't murder.

This clearly is ....

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services announced a little over a week ago that almost all employers, including Catholic employers, will be forced to offer their employees’ health coverage that includes sterilization, abortion-inducing drugs, and contraception.

Your info is wrong. It covers birth control, not abortion-inducing drugs.

Such hypocrites.

Big Corporations all got the waivers they wanted. We didn't. Why? What makes the Church 'different' to those companies who donated to Obama? The donations? The fact that the hard left disapprove of the Catholic Church?

We aren't hypocrites, we employ non-Catholics... we provide services to non Catholics. We helped 8 million of America's poorest people last year. 8 fucking million people. Did you? No. We did. Every disaster anywhere in the world... we're there. Every inner city getto - we're there. Every uninsured American - we're there. You aren't. We are. All we're asking is that the government recognize our duty to be there - to do those things - and waiver the church like they have waivered very fucking big corporation.

If they are employing people that practice what they consider evil then they are hypocrites.

It really is that simple.

You don't understand the issue. Good to know.... you just follow your messiah, and allow me to follow mine. Get the fuck out of my faith. Got that? Good.

We really need to go to confession... LOL!

I usually make my Priest laugh a lot in Confession. :lol:

nun__priest.jpg

And then after. :eusa_shhh:

Your religion should NOT keep people from medical treatment anymore than it should allow preists to rape children

625 hospitals across this country. $5.7 billion provided by my church to help those people you claim to care about. Schools, funded by Catholics, social services, funded by Catholics. Tens of billions of dollars, given by Catholics to help our fellow Americans - regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation.

How much have you given for them?

Such hypocrites.

If they are employing people that practice what they consider evil then they are hypocrites.

It really is that simple.

We don't consider them 'evil'. But your hyperbole is funny.

True! But if Catholic organizations did not have government interference to begin with, they would have only hired Catholics.

That is not true. Passing reasonable laws that prevent discrimination is not "government interference." Furthermore, as already explained, even if they hired only Catholics, that does not give the EMPLOYER the right to made a decision for the EMPLOYEE that will force the employee to adhere to a religious teaching that they might not choose to adhere to.

The decision on whether to use birth control or have an abortion is not in question. Does the employee have the right to force the employer to pay for the birth control and abortion? That's the issue and I hope the Church never lets the government forget it.

Force the employer to pay for birth control? That's not the issue. That's not happening. That's not going to happen. What's going to happen is that the employer will be required to provide health coverage plans that will include birth control. The employee will ultimately be the one paying for it. They will be the one who chooses their plan, they will have to pay the difference in premiums, they will have to pay the co-pay and deductible costs for the doctor's visits and prescriptions.

They have NO right to step in between a Dr and their patient for THEIR religion

Forum List

Back