I love it! CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA 'FIGHT IN STREETS'

It is about one thing and one thing only. The First Amendment. If you support the First Amendment, you must support the Catholic Church in this fight. If, however, the Constitution is a meaningless piece of paper, fine. Say so.

That is absolute horse shit. Based on your reasoning, we should have supported bin Laden in the 9/11 attacks. It's their religion, right? First Amendment, right!

Wrong. The First Amendment does not give a group carte blanche to do whatever they want, or to violate the law. If Catholics want to believe that contraception is a sin, go ahead, the government won't stop you. If Catholics want to choose to not use contraception, go ahead, the government won't stop you. But if people who have an EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP with the church don't want to believe what the church teaches, then that is their right. Claims of religious conviction do not justify an employer making the decision for the employee.

No, it's not the heart of the religion. Stop being such an idol worshipper.

More ignorance.

This thread has really brought out a parade of dummies.

That's the beauty of being a Catholic - reading the views of people who don't understand the religion, or people who are downright ignorant/stupid.

It's a Catholic thing.

We don't expect "Snake Charmers" like you to understand.

:eusa_whistle:

I love this line - "We cannot – we will not – comply with this unjust law. People of faith cannot be made second class citizens. We are already joined by our brothers and sisters of all faiths and many others of good will in this important effort to regain our religious freedom. Our parents and grandparents did not come to these shores to help build America’s cities and towns, its infrastructure and institutions, its enterprise and culture, only to have their posterity stripped of their God given rights."

It will be choice watching Obama backpeddle his way out of this.

Right now - he's lost the Catholic vote....

I understand the core of the argument.

I still think the hard core pro-life/anti-birth control Catholics are nuts and I would still prefer that the Church to lose the extreme pro-life policies like refusing to pay for birth control for employees.

Are you people so fucking inept you can not afford that 30 dollars a month to pay your own way?

Heh no need to get mad. You can say that about any prescription.

It's just health care policy and I think having birth control on a list of prescriptions that an institution wont pay coverage for is dumb.

The thing is, Art, that - whether you agree with the Church's position on birth control or not is irrelevant. This is fundamentally a First Amendment issue. The problem is that liberals are incapable of sticking to the facts and not getting their panties in a wad about the actual issue.

Not hard. First Amendment - the right to freedom of religion. Do we have that in America or not?

That is absolute horse shit. Based on your reasoning, we should have supported bin Laden in the 9/11 attacks. It's their religion, right? First Amendment, right!

The Al Queda guys who flew planes into the towers were U.S. citizens, entitled to First Amendment rights?

You really are a dummy, aren't you.

Truthmatter's sock perhaps?

I understand the core of the argument.

I still think the hard core pro-life/anti-birth control Catholics are nuts and I would still prefer that the Church to lose the extreme pro-life policies like refusing to pay for birth control for employees.

Are you people so fucking inept you can not afford that 30 dollars a month to pay your own way?

It's just health care policy and I think having birth control on a list of prescriptions that an institution wont pay coverage for is dumb.

Its trying to enact stiupid policies like this which has lead to high costs. It isnt the only factor but it is a big one.

If health insurance were allowed to act like insurance, premiums wouldnt be as high and people would be more frugal with their healthcare dollars.

Dammit, I paid my tonka truck premium and I expect Cadillac coverage.

Thats one of the problems

It is about one thing and one thing only. The First Amendment. If you support the First Amendment, you must support the Catholic Church in this fight. If, however, the Constitution is a meaningless piece of paper, fine. Say so.

Wrong. The First Amendment does not give a group carte blanche to do whatever they want, or to violate the law. If Catholics want to believe that contraception is a sin, go ahead, the government won't stop you. If Catholics want to choose to not use contraception, go ahead, the government won't stop you. But if people who have an EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP with the church don't want to believe what the church teaches, then that is their right. Claims of religious conviction do not justify an employer making the decision for the employee.
Yep. It's mind boggling that people don't understand that.

I love this line - "We cannot – we will not – comply with this unjust law. People of faith cannot be made second class citizens. We are already joined by our brothers and sisters of all faiths and many others of good will in this important effort to regain our religious freedom. Our parents and grandparents did not come to these shores to help build America’s cities and towns, its infrastructure and institutions, its enterprise and culture, only to have their posterity stripped of their God given rights."

It will be choice watching Obama backpeddle his way out of this.

Right now - he's lost the Catholic vote....

And it's not just the Catholics. People of all faiths are joining us, they understand - even if they do not agree with the Catholic Church, or its stance on birth control - that an attack on one religion is an attack on all religions.

The thing is, Art, that - whether you agree with the Church's position on birth control or not is irrelevant. This is fundamentally a First Amendment issue. The problem is that liberals are incapable of sticking to the facts and not getting their panties in a wad about the actual issue.

Not hard. First Amendment - the right to freedom of religion. Do we have that in America or not?

I've been saying this whole thread that I disagree with their policy but that they should be allowed to keep it.

Hello?

True! But if Catholic organizations did not have government interference to begin with, they would have only hired Catholics. The decision on whether to use birth control or have an abortion is not in question. Does the employee have the right to force the employer to pay for the birth control and abortion? That's the issue and I hope the Church never lets the government forget it.

Meh, I sometimes wonder why I bother making an effort to understand the 'pro murder' crowd. I've always supported your right, it's a pity that none of you do likewise for others. Self centered, hateful people.

I've been saying this whole thread that I disagree with their policy but that they should be allowed to keep it.

Hello?

So, support the waiver. Simple.

They have a right to medical care the same as anyone else.

Do you realize birth control is often used for other medical reasons?

They have a right to medical care the same as anyone else.

Do you realize birth control is often used for other medical reasons?

Birth control should have been used to prevent you.
I would have supported that - then gone to confession, then I'd be good to go!

Forum List

Back