I hesitate to suggest anything positive has come out of the attack by Hamas on Israel but......

Hardly! Both are trying to protect their homelands and are both Jewish, yet one is lionized and the other vilified by many on the right. Why?

Good question. To me it seems like Ukraine is more of an internal Slavic struggle, or Russia trying to get it's old empire back.

Israel is fighting for its existence, and probably the lives of it's citizens.

Good question. To me it seems like Ukraine is more of an internal Slavic struggle, or Russia trying to get it's old empire back.

Israel is fighting for its existence, and probably the lives of it's citizens.
Wouldn’t Israel-Palestine be an internal Semitic problem?

It hardly ever stops at just the terrorists. The rhetoric invites genocide.
So you are predicting that the Israeli soldiers will behead Palestinian infants when they start their door to door operations?

...this is a positive for the future of peace.

Poll Shows Catastrophic Drop Off in Support for Netanyahu

One issue we’ve discussed since Saturday’s attacks is what effect the Hamas attacks and subsequent Israel-Hamas war would have on public opinion in Israel. Specifically, would there be a rally round the flag boost for the government of Benjamin Netanyahu? As I’ve tried to argue, it was not at all clear this would be the case. There’s been a great deal of anecdotal and reported evidence to the contrary. If you watch Israeli media there’s clearly been a vast upsurge of social solidarity and support for retaliation against Hamas (that civilians in Gaza will pay a heavy price for). But there’s been very, very little evidence of any surge in support for Netanyahu or his government. Indeed, we see signs of a volcanic anger against his government over its responsibility for the events of last weekend. There have been a number of viral videos of members of the coalition heckled in public or shouted down or forced to leave events in response to public anger.

Now we have one of the first polls and it appears to confirm all of that, a vast sea of public anger and catastrophic loss of support for Netanyahu’s government.

The violence will not end until Israel ends the occupation or gives all Palestinians citizenship.

Forum List

Back