I have an Idea to stop the Protests and make everyone give a dam about Police Abuse!!

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Police kill people and you hear a collective yawn or shrug from people and others go out and protest beacuse they feel it will hopefully shed light and bring change on the police.

Heres an idea to get everyone to see that police killing people isnt optimal and to stop all the hand wringing and justifications.

Whenever the police settle another police abuse case they should be required to send out letters to every resident of that area. In that letter will include what the police are accused of, what the amount of the settlement is to be paid out to the family and...

How much to make out your check to the police department that shows your portion of that settlement.

Protests would stop cold because everyone would be up in arms when they find out they have to pay $20 or $30 to go to these families and the same people who previously were indifferent would go from a collective yawn to

7421.jpg

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Outrage_2.png

My Word! Police Brutality must stop! I've spent $30 so far in police settlements!
But since we all pay just not directly it almost feels like you dont.

And the police would face such a backlash from the entire public they would really make the changes they keep saying they will enact.

How about making the lawless give a damn about law and order? Activists in the community could hold workshops and teach the clueless that they shouldn't wretle with cops, they can get hurt. The cops may or may not want to hurt you but the fact remains if you play stupid games you can win stupid prizes.

Could end the protests by not covering them live. Fact that the media is there is creating a lot of the protests since the protestors know the police isn't going to do anything punitive on live tv.

Thats a small price to pay for safe neighborhoods.
Would I be able to pay into the system on a voluntary basis,you know like a donation?

you can do that now but you didnt know about it because you're really serious

How about making the lawless give a damn about law and order? Activists in the community could hold workshops and teach the clueless that they shouldn't wretle with cops, they can get hurt. The cops may or may not want to hurt you but the fact remains if you play stupid games you can win stupid prizes.

Yeah, but then you dont realize that your tax dollars are going toward these settlements. It is right now the only difference is you pay, just not directly.

Once people have to start writting checks they'll demand better training

Would I be able to pay into the system on a voluntary basis,you know like a donation?

Would it be set up by county? See because my county has a lot of white people and it would keep those expenses down.
I wouldnt want to pay for some dumbass getting shot in the fourth ward in Harris county.

Would it be set up by county? See because my county has a lot of white people and it would keep those expenses down.
I wouldnt want to pay for some dumbass getting shot in the fourth ward in Harris county.

If you were serious you'd research it wouldnt you?

Yeah, but then you dont realize that your tax dollars are going toward these settlements. It is right now the only difference is you pay, just not directly.

They have good training now but outcome in a volatile situation can never be guaranteed. Settlements aren't always an admission of guilt either, the way courts and lawyers are it's sometimes cheaper to settle. How much will it cost all of us if the cops develop a 'liability as the primary concern' philosophy?

They have good training now but outcome in a volatile situation can never be guaranteed. Settlements aren't always an admission of guilt either, the way courts and lawyers are it's sometimes cheaper to settle. How much will it cost all of us if the cops develop a 'liability as the primary concern' philosophy?

Sure they have good training and thats why I said "better training". I dont know about all that jazz all I'm saying is that people settle or take plea deals for any number of reasons from being guilty to saving time.

But the day you have to sit down, open up the check book and write a check because some robocop asshole goes crazy on someone then and only then will people who "dont care" start to understand the problem.

Because people dying...that isnt their family is just...whatever. But money?!?

Here's a better idea. Do what lincoln fought all his life for. Send blacks back to africa.

Police kill people and you hear a collective yawn or shrug from people and others go out and protest beacuse they feel it will hopefully shed light and bring change on the police.

Heres an idea to get everyone to see that police killing people isnt optimal and to stop all the hand wringing and justifications.

Whenever the police settle another police abuse case they should be required to send out letters to every resident of that area. In that letter will include what the police are accused of, what the amount of the settlement is to be paid out to the family and...

How much to make out your check to the police department that shows your portion of that settlement.

Protests would stop cold because everyone would be up in arms when they find out they have to pay $20 or $30 to go to these families and the same people who previously were indifferent would go from a collective yawn to

7421.jpg

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Outrage_2.png

My Word! Police Brutality must stop! I've spent $30 so far in police settlements!

And the police would face such a backlash from the entire public they would really make the changes they keep saying they will enact.

You know that is not a bad idea. If you could get the political will to do it and make it a reality.

7421.jpg

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Outrage_2.png

You know that is not a bad idea. If you could get the political will to do it and make it a reality.

Trust me as soon as people money starts to go toward police fuck ups you'll see a huge push to have officers show some sort of fucking restraint instead of having some keyboard warriors excuse it everytime.

Lets see you excuse it with your pocket books

7421.jpg

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Outrage_2.png

What, 20 to 30 bucks to get rid of a thug? Good deal! It's better when they kill each other as is usual, but when the occasional cop does it's worth the money.

7421.jpg

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Outrage_2.png

What, 20 to 30 bucks to get rid of a thug? Good deal! It's better when they kill each other as is usual, but when the occasional cop does it's worth the money.

Each time? Then you'd be on here screaming about it like "why do I have to pay for Their mistakes".

Life...meh
$30 AGAIN?!?!?!!!...OUTRAGE!

7421.jpg

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Outrage_2.png

Each time? Then you'd be on here screaming about it like "why do I have to pay for Their mistakes".

Life...meh
No one would pay when thugs kill each other? Cops killing thugs are rare enough to make a few bucks in payment a good deal.

Now as to your plan, would poor people (blacks too) have to pay. They should because after all, they benefit most by dead thugs.

Nah. That's a smart idea. Bring it all out in the open and not being able to push it under a rug. and....here is your bill for it. That's smart.

7421.jpg

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

Outrage_2.png

Life...meh
No one would pay when thugs kill each other? Cops killing thugs are rare enough to make a few bucks in payment a good deal.

Now as to your plan, would poor people (blacks too) have to pay. They should because after all, they benefit most by dead thugs.

Are you unaware that when someone kills someone else they serve jail time? And they do not give a settlement from the state?

Forum List

Back