I hate doing traffic spots

Reading these replies, it looks like your only option is to tell the boss fuck-it, this is what you get.
You reach a point where you do your listeners a disservice. Keep them happy, keep your revenues.

And thats the direction I took.

Although it's not about the listeners so much, but the advertiser.

Compressing the audio changes the sound and not the speed.

But changing the speed by roughly 11% makes the audio sound horrible. Which makes me sound horrible. I don't like me to sound horrible. I would rather me get a whiney "ya know these are supposed to be :10" email than me sound horrible.

When you say "horrible" what do you mean?

Are you preserving pitch when time stretching, tempo adjusting, whatever, or are you allowing the stretch to alter the pitch and sound chipmunky?

LOL.

It's supposed to sound natural, so no chipmunky. Which means I have to preserve the pitch. Doing that, and shaving :11 off makes it sound...well....just weird and choppy-like computerized. Still not natural enough. And makes me sound horrible.

I just went with 00:11:30, and let it fly.

I don't understand why adjusting the tempo a little faster is making it sound crappy.

A good sequencer should be able to adjust tempo within a pretty large range without losing audio quality.

I've done a lot of audio production, I usually use Cubase for my sequencing needs, sometimes Acid Pro. I've never had this type of problem. If anything, it should be a helpful tool, because you can record it live at your own speed and just let the sequencer speed it up for you, maintaining the integrity of the recording.

That's strange.

Are you preserving pitch when time stretching, tempo adjusting, whatever, or are you allowing the stretch to alter the pitch and sound chipmunky?

LOL.

It's supposed to sound natural, so no chipmunky. Which means I have to preserve the pitch. Doing that, and shaving :11 off makes it sound...well....just weird and choppy-like computerized. Still not natural enough. And makes me sound horrible.

I don't understand why adjusting the tempo a little faster is making it sound crappy.

A good sequencer should be able to adjust tempo within a pretty large range without losing audio quality.

I've done a lot of audio production, I usually use Cubase for my sequencing needs, sometimes Acid Pro. I've never had this type of problem. If anything, it should be a helpful tool, because you can record it live at your own speed and just let the sequencer speed it up for you, maintaining the integrity of the recording.

That's strange.

I turned a :33 into a :30 with a tempo adjustment. I got the gig! Almost nobody else auditioned because they couldn't deal with the amount of copy.

LOL.

That's strange.

I turned a :33 into a :30 with a tempo adjustment. I got the gig! Almost nobody else auditioned because they couldn't deal with the amount of copy.

Back in the day I used to make instrumentals and take acapellas of commercial tracks and make remixes, my style.

I've had to speed up or slow down countless vocal tracks to get a mix right, and it always sounds fine.

No offense meant to Radio here at all, but Adobe's audio sequencing products are crizzap.

Radio I can hook you up with a copy of Sony Acid Pro 7 if you want, but in the interest of disclosure, it's...how shall I put it.........

Less than legal :D

I have Adobe Audition, which is like the big boy version of Audicity. I could have sped it up, but shaving even a second off of an :11 spot makes me sound ridiculous.

Pro Tools is the "big boy" version.

They're all the same if the only thing you're doing is changing the tempo of a track.

I need to update this statement, because apparently they're not all the same if only adjusting tempo.

I've never used Audition myself, but have been told by several people never to use Adobe's audio products.

Audition used to be Cool Edit Pro, which I HAVE used, because it was one of the select few back in the day that you could use the freeware version and still get to save projects.

Cool Edit Pro was and always will be considered the biggest piece of crap audio workstation software.

It was great for learning how to sequence and mix, but never to actually be taken seriously.

LOL.

That's strange.

Its the ratio. Basically I'm having to speed it up to 118% of normal, while maintaining pitch integrity. The software that we have (Adobe Audition) simply can't handle it, and loses bits of the audio data.

Here's the doozy for this morning:

For two weeks huge deals on 2010 Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram models in stock including 6,000 dollars in savings with 0% financing for up to 60 months plus 500 dollar ally bonus cash on 2010 1500 Light Duty and 2500 Heavy Duty.

Not only is that fucker too long by far, that trainwreck of a run-on sentence doesn't even make much sense. AND there's no call to action for the consumer.

Nor do we really need you.

Clients will always insist on writing their own copy sometimes. And when it comes down to it, the extra 2 seconds isn't worth losing a contract over.

But actually, I'm sure that we could afford you. It would just be pay disproportionate to the job requirements.

I don't get out of bed for this kind of work. I don't do 'advertising' copy.

It wouldn't be that hard to get you out of bed....

BEAT IT SKANK!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've worked with radio studios in putting together 30 and 60 second spots, as well as tags, and I can't believe the egos you're having to deal with. Can't they understand sacrifices have to be made? Maybe two different scripts are in order-- just alternate them. Follks will ultimately get the entire message.

Forum List

Back