I fell into the donut hole

I FELL INTO THE DONUT HOLE
And Obamacare pulled me out.

Because of radical right wing strong hand budget cuts I did not get a COLA, food stamps and section 8 housing but I did get out of the donut hole and thanks to Obamacare. I went to pick up my prescriptions and got out my ATM care to pay for them and I was told I did not owe any thing. I take 13 medications and Copaxone for MS.
My hero, Obamacare. <snip>

Bull crap! When FDR started Medicare, he neglected to include pharmaceuticals.
In 2003 Bush instituted Med part D. Yup, donut hole...where before 2003 Medicare recipients paid for RX out of pocket, unless they were hospitalized. Meds were less expensive prior to 2003 and after 2003 if the elderly fell into the donut hole, they could fall back on Medicaid.

Fourteen meds is way too many. Suggest people on that many meds get a second or third opinion from a neutral party, not their Doc's 'referral'.
"Hospitalists" LOVE keeping their patients loaded up on meds.
Good Luck.

Fourteen meds is way too many. Suggest people on that many meds get a second or third opinion from a neutral party, not their Doc's 'referral'.

Where did you get your medical degree from? That is somewhat of a blanket statement. If someone has severe heart failure, they are indicated to be on four meds alone automatically: Lasix, lisinopril, a beta-blocker, spironolactone. If someone has severe asthma they are on albuterol, combivent or advair (a combination of two medications) and PO prednisone. When people have severe and chronic diseases, it's easy to start racking up the meds.

Good Luck.

That's absurd. Hospitalists are internal medicine doctors. They treat disease with medicine. What did you expect them to do? Turn into transplant surgeons and miracle someone a new heart? Doctors don't get compensated by the drug.

I FELL INTO THE DONUT HOLE
And Obamacare pulled me out.

Because of radical right wing strong hand budget cuts I did not get a COLA, food stamps and section 8 housing but I did get out of the donut hole and thanks to Obamacare. I went to pick up my prescriptions and got out my ATM care to pay for them and I was told I did not owe any thing. I take 13 medications and Copaxone for MS.
My hero, Obamacare.:clap2::cool::razz:

Obamacare doesn't exist, has not gone into effect and it may never go into effect since more than half the states are challenging some or all of it. Until that is addressed by the Supreme Court, it will not go into effect -but even without the legal challenges to it, even the first part of it isn't scheduled to go into effect until 2014. If you are going to claim Obamacare somehow saved you, don't you think you should wait until it actually goes into effect before making that lying ass claim? Come back in a few years and see if anyone is buying any of your LIES then.

And sorry to break more bad news after that wonderful, touching lying ass propaganda-filled verbal vomiting of yours -but NO "radical" right wing budget cuts have happened. Period. Didn't happen. Besides which, Republicans are STILL the minority party in government in case you just didn't know that! They don't control government, they can't make "radical, dramatic cuts" and have it pass the Democrat controlled Senate much less get it signed by a Democrat President. Just in case you didn't know THAT either. In fact Congress actually INCREASED spending AGAIN. Which is why our government's credit rating ended up being downgraded -they proved they were not serious about addressing the UNSUSTAINABLE level of debt accumulated by our government. Let me know if the word "unsustainable" is no part of your vocabulary and you just can't grasp what that really means.

Now this is no big secret -so where did you get the idea YOU were the recipient of these big, bad, DRAMATIC, RADICAL but totally NONEXISTENT BUDGET CUTS? Huh? Want to explain that to us all? Exactly where do you pick up your lying ass propaganda sheets? What is your REAL excuse for writing these lies when the truth is NOT a well kept secret that you just couldn't possibly know or understand. So why are you apparently the only living person to not know these things?

There has been NO COLA for government handouts for the past TWO YEARS -and Republicans, much less Congress -didn't have a damn thing to do with it you stupid cow. Cost of living increases are determined by a formulaic process based on inflation of specific goods in the private sector. I'll use smaller words for you because clearly you aren't the brightest bulb in the box. That means a FORMULA is used to determine if the rate of inflation warrants a cost of living increase and if so, how much that will be. It is a built in process that is automatically calculated - not one that Congress just arbitrarily decides to include one or not. And for two years in a row, that formula came up with ZERO -meaning no cost of living increase because the price of the goods used in this formula were unchanged! Cost of living increases only happen when the cost of living has actually INCREASED. Republicans, much less those big, bad, scary, evil "radical" ones -didn't have a FUCKING THING TO DO WITH IT!

Again -why is it YOU, claiming to be the RECIPIENT of so many government handouts - can't be bothered to actually understand how ANY of them even work? Hmm?

And there is still more here! AGAIN -no "radical" Republicans cut food stamps and they didn't cut section 8 housing. And you damn well know it. Absolutely NOTHING you wrote is true or even remotely accurate. Are you making up bullshit just to get people irked or are you REALLY this stupid as to not know a fucking thing you are even talking about? Which is it? Bad drugs maybe?

If you want to spew propaganda you should at least know which handouts you claim to be taking and HOW THEY WORK before pretending ANY politician has "rescued" you or a particular political party has somehow harmed you. Obama hasn't done a damn thing FOR you and Republicans haven't done a damn thing TO you. And you damn well know it! NOTHING you wrote is even true -no part of it. It is ALL made up bullshit LIES and NOTHING you say should be believed by anyone.

All of your posts are like this -just made up lying ass bullshit and not a word of truth in any of them. So -what's your REAL agenda here by constantly writing nothing but lying ass propaganda?

Last edited:

Where did you get your medical degree from? That is somewhat of a blanket statement. If someone has severe heart failure, they are indicated to be on four meds alone automatically: Lasix, lisinopril, a beta-blocker, spironolactone. If someone has severe asthma they are on albuterol, combivent or advair (a combination of two medications) and PO prednisone. When people have severe and chronic diseases, it's easy to start racking up the meds.

Good Luck.

That's absurd. Hospitalists are internal medicine doctors. They treat disease with medicine. What did you expect them to do? Turn into transplant surgeons and miracle someone a new heart? Doctors don't get compensated by the drug.

Don't insult me and take my post out of context.

Caring for a pt who has coronary heart disease, had had heart surgery, is diabetic, has high blood pressure, high cholesterol and kidney disease, he takes nine (9) medications. He used to take sixteen (16).

Correct that Hospitalists don't get compensated by the drug. They get compensated in other ways. And don't bother asking me for a link, because it doesn't exist.

I have a sincere concern for a pt that is on 14 medications.

I have seen where Hospitalists have sent pts to a nursing home to die loaded on medication. Thank goodness for house docs that see the issue and can wean most over-medicated pts off meds they don't need. Many of these pts actually GO HOME instead of DYING, like the Hospitalist told them, and their families, they would. God forbid the same pts were sent home to 'DIE'. They have no chance in hell!

If you want to chat don't be a jerk to me.

Obamacare doesn't exist, has not gone into effect and it may never go into effect since more than half the states are challenging some or all of it. Until that is addressed by the Supreme Court, it will not go into effect -but even without the legal challenges to it, even the first part of it isn't scheduled to go into effect until 2014. If you are going to claim Obamacare somehow saved you, don't you think you should wait until it actually goes into effect before making that lying ass claim?

See Table 1.

Obamacare doesn't exist, has not gone into effect and it may never go into effect since more than half the states are challenging some or all of it. Until that is addressed by the Supreme Court, it will not go into effect -but even without the legal challenges to it, even the first part of it isn't scheduled to go into effect until 2014. If you are going to claim Obamacare somehow saved you, don't you think you should wait until it actually goes into effect before making that lying ass claim?

See Table 1.

Did you read it? Did you understand it? REALLY? You might want to take another look at that " savings" column for 2010 for those who reach the donut hole. The donut hole itself is scheduled to be gradually reduced until it is entirely gone in ten years. A little bit each year -but the savings isn't going to be noticeable to anyone for years. So she is claiming OBAMACARE saved her FROM the donut hole. HOW? Seriously -the size of the donut hole is just $244 less than it was last year. And it means GETTING there first -and then spending $2596 out of pocket in order to get OUT of the donut hole. The donut hole STILL EXISTS and it still costs a small fortune to get out of it again! So if "Obamacare" got her OUT of the donut hole, it means she already spent $2596 out of her own pocket. And did so AFTER first using up all her coverage to reach the donut hole in the first place! Of course that is assuming she is telling the truth about a fucking thing -which I do not assume whatsoever! Her story would mean she was in AND out of the donut hole MONTHS before the end of the year having first spent more than $2500 out of her OWN pocket AFTER falling into the donut hole. Yet she also claims in the very same breath that she exists entirely on government handouts. What's wrong with this picture?

I don't know what this woman's game is but she isn't telling the truth and she needs to change something about her BULLSHIT STORY. Seriously.

If she is existing on government handouts -housing and food stamps -then she is also definitely on Medicaid as well. But even if she WEREN'T on Medicaid -(but getting government assistance with housing and food stamps, right) she would be eligible for the "Extra Help" federal program that insures the less well off (but not poor enough to qualify for Medicaid) still get their medications by covering the Medicare Part D co-pays as well as the entire cost of their medication when the donut hole is reached -so there is no lapse in coverage and no going without their medication. If she is on Medicaid which is far more likely given the comments about housing and food stamps, then not only does Medicaid pay all Medicare deductibles and co-pays, when the Medicare donut hole is reached, Medicaid picks up the entire tab. In other words -if she is telling the truth then she pays nothing for her medications in the first place AND there is absolutely NO donut hole for this woman to have fallen into! Much less one where just two weeks into the program and she is SAVED, SAVED by Obamacare -HALLELUJAH HONEY LET'S ALL FALL TO OUR KNEES AND GIVE PRAISE TO THE KING. She can't have it both ways where she ends up in a donut hole -but also exists entirely thanks to government handouts. One cannot happen if the other does.

The people who really do fall into the donut hole aren't living on government handouts like government housing, food stamps and Medicaid and they don't qualify for the Extra Help federal program either. Those who do exist on all these government handouts are NOT the people Obamacare would or will affect. So why is she raving about Obamacare when it won't make a damn bit of difference to her life EVER because hers has been 100% paid for by everyone else and hasn't been changed? The people Obamacare is intended to affect are those who DON'T have all these other entitlement programs. People who still pay a big chunk of their own way in life. THIS IS SOMETHING PEOPLE ON MEDICAID DO NOT FACE because there is no lapse in their coverage as could happen for anyone else with just Medicare.

If the woman is telling the truth about living on government handouts then she was saved by TAXPAYERS a hell of a long time ago who foot 100% of her bills already and Obamacare had nothing to do with it and STILL has nothing to do with it. Obamacare does NOT re-structure the assistance given to poor people living on government housing, food stamps and Medicaid so nothing is going to change for this person as the result of Obamacare.

The woman is a liar -assuming she is even telling the truth about being female. But I don't believe a fucking word she says now because she is provably lying. So the only real question here is WHAT IS THE POINT OF HER LIES?

I suspect she is trying to make liberals look bad -claiming to be on all these entitlement programs with taxpayers paying everything in her life yet still bitching about not getting even more for nothing that is also paid for by everyone else. Well at least the 52% who pay federal income taxes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back