I fell into the donut hole

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by LilOlLady, Sep 22, 2011.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    I FELL INTO THE DONUT HOLE
    And Obamacare pulled me out.

Because of radical right wing strong hand budget cuts I did not get a COLA, food stamps and section 8 housing but I did get out of the donut hole and thanks to Obamacare. I went to pick up my prescriptions and got out my ATM care to pay for them and I was told I did not owe any thing. I take 13 medications and Copaxone for MS.
    My hero, Obamacare.:clap2::cool::razz:

2. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,935
    Obamacare increased employee costs in my area, so my property tax rose $700, and my Social Security was reduced to $700. My entire life's savings will be gone in less than 10 years just to meet tax payments I will have to pay to live in my own paid-for home.

Obama shut down oil drilling in the gulf, raised costs for the energy businesses in America and doubled unemployment. My gas went from $30 a tank to $72 a tank, and food prices went through the roof in the past 3 years due to extra costs to the transportation businesses along with cost of living demands made by unions.

Thanks for higher prices, Obamacare and Obama. You have pushed many average people into lives of poverty in their old age and decimated the American dream.

Now Congress can't count on me for its planned-on bonanza to feed the federal pig when I die, because I will have nothing left for them to take away from my children, who by then will be retiring.

I will eat dog food before I will accept food stamps.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Nothing like the foul stench of moocher pride in the morning. :doubt:

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    It is good to read about someone for whom the system is actually working.

Its working for me, too, only in my case the VA picks up most of my medical expenses.

Not that I have any, but it's good to know they're there for me if I need it.

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    Health care costs goin' up in spite of Obamacare...
    :eusa_eh:
    Obamacare Has Increased Cost of Health Insurance, Says Kaiser Foundation
    September 27, 2011 – According to a Kaiser Family Foundation study of employer-provided health insurance plans, the ObamaCare health reform law could have accounted for as much as 50 percent of the spike in insurance premiums in 2011.
    See also:

'Obamacare' Closer to Supreme Court Review After Administration Declines to Appeal Latest Ruling
    September 26, 2011 | The Obama administration has decided not to ask a federal appeals court in Atlanta for further review of a ruling striking down the centerpiece of President Barack Obama's sweeping health care overhaul.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  6. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    After the insurance companies denied me insurance coverage, for the simple reason that I moved to a different state, I can now purchase health insurance again. It isn't super cheap and it goes up every year, but at least I can get it now. My cost this year is $408 per month with a $2500 deductible. I will never hit my deductible unless something catastrophic happens, but that is what I need insurance for, something the insurance companies felt they should deny me from after having paid for insurance for the last few decades. But hey, we need less regulation so these companies can fuck over as many people as possible.

Most of you don't understand any of this, because you get your insurance through your employer and only see a small portion of the costs. You are falsely led to believe you have choices, but you do not, because you are tied in to what your employer makes available to you. The good thing for you is that you can't be denied, unless of course you get sick and then lose your job. Then you get 18 months of Cobra, but after that, you are fucked too. Just hope you never get sick.

7. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,865
    Considering their decision on corporate political funding, I don't think the American public has a prayer...
    :eusa_eh:
    Obama to ask Supreme Court to hear health care case
    Sep 28, 2011 - The Obama administration announced today it will ask the U.S. Supreme Court to decide on the legality of its health care law.
    See also:

26 states appeal health care law to Supreme Court
    WASHINGTON – States and a business group opposed to President Barack Obama's health care overhaul asked the Supreme Court on Wednesday for a speedy ruling that puts an end to the law aimed at extending insurance coverage to more than 30 million people.

8. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,322
    Obam is not responsible for local property taxes
    Obama does not control the price of gas.
    death tax is for rich people, are you rich, do u have 500,000 dollars saved?
    Dog food has rancid meat product in it for dogs, I doubt you will be able to stomach dog food

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  9. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,322
    try not to be too green with envy

10. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,322