I feel like a puppy with two peckers!

An ex is an ex for a reason.

But what the hell, if she looks good, is disease free, and is good in the sack, get in get some and get out. That is assuming that the wife doesn't object.

I have made contact with a girlfriend from 30 years ago. She is now single again. Any advice?

Thomas Wolfe: You Can't Go Home Again.

"The title comes from the finale of the novel when protagonist George Webber realizes, "You can't go back home to your family, back home to your childhood ... back home to a young man's dreams of glory and of fame ... back home to places in the country, back home to the old forms and systems of things which once seemed everlasting but which are changing all the time — back home to the escapes of Time and Memory."
You Can't Go Home Again - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I dated a guy a few years ago, whom I dated in junior high. We actually lasted longer than a few days this last time.

My H.S. yearbook was posted online recently and I saw a pic of the girl I was madly in love with. All I could think was: What did I see in that?

I wished I'd never seen it, she was much more lovely in my memories.

I have made contact with a girlfriend from 30 years ago. She is now single again. Any advice?

Thomas Wolfe: You Can't Go Home Again.

"The title comes from the finale of the novel when protagonist George Webber realizes, "You can't go back home to your family, back home to your childhood ... back home to a young man's dreams of glory and of fame ... back home to places in the country, back home to the old forms and systems of things which once seemed everlasting but which are changing all the time — back home to the escapes of Time and Memory."
You Can't Go Home Again - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I did it but at a price. Was it worth it? Yes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbkowHt45yg]YouTube - Eddie Money I wanna go Back[/ame]

I know of 2 people, both dated guys in high school. They went on and married others, had and raised their children. One ended in divorce, the other lost her husband to ALS.

Each ended up back with that high school sweetheart, and have been very happily married for several years.

So it CAN work.

I deliberately withheld particulars about the first chapter of this saga. Please continue with advice after reading the following.

We are both grandparents now.

We were both married to 3rd and 4th parties when we fell madly in love.

I divorced the 3rd party. She decided not to divorce the 4th party.

I remarried...for about 3 years...a real hottie...(the 5th party)...but not as hot as the 2nd party.

I was cuckold and divorced again...stayed single for several years. (about 4)

I remarried again (the 6th party)...(I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess)...stayed married for too many years (about 13)...discovered her plan for me to die.

I divorced again and have been single now for well over 10 years.

I was at a local watering hole with a very close female friend and relayed to her a story about the 2nd party (I am the 1st party) and she suggested I try to find her. This friend had been aiding me in the search for a suitable female to squeeze regularly and she insisted that I try.

I searched and found the 2nd party, sent her a short message on Facebook...got a response within 5 minutes...started chatting by email...learned that the 4th party had left her after 20 years of marriage (left her for his high school sweetheart)...she stayed single for about 2 years then married the 7th party, a man with two children already. They were together for about 16 years, in her house, using her car and her money, sending his kids to school...she came home one day to find him in the backyard drilling a neighbor's wife...kicked his sorry ass out (about 2 years ago) and is now relocating to a larger city, about to leave where she has been since childhood.

The emails are encouraging, but she needs space to recollect herself and prepare for the ultimate reunion of the first two parties...we both know it will happen if one of us doesn't die first.

Carry on.

Stop getting married!!!!
Neither one of want to get married again. Maybe we'll just end up playing like we're sneaking around to see each other.

We actually had a lot of help the first time around. Her best friend helped us, her brother helped us, her mother..after meeting me, helped us. All of these people wanted us to end up together.

Forum List

Back