I feel guilty over the death of my boss' secretary...

She was very, very old and very, very sick.

She was rude to me.

She did not get the work done, it was left piling up everywhere.

Every time I looked at her computer she was viewing something non-work related.

The boss took her out on cigarette breaks on her wheelchair. It was obvious he cared for her very much.

She had been with the firm for 25 years and there was no way he was ever going to fire her no natter how much she goofed off and slept at her desk.

Every day I wished she would go away, I wanted her gone, I wanted her to retire.

On Monday evening she passed away.

And now I feel guilty, because I wanted her gone, and now she is gone.

I can tell no one at work how I feel.
It was natural for you to resent her and wishing she would retire. Don't beat yourself up for being a good worker and expecting others to follow suit. If you did tell others how you felt, my bet would be that they initially felt the same way and are looking forward to someone replacing her that can handle the work load.

Everyone at work has already figured out you are an awful person, probably best no to confirm that.

Because it was also my work not getting done. I write letters to clients and carriers, responses to discovery, etc., weeks later they still haven't gone out. I know it's the bosses fault, but part of the reason it's his fault is he kept a secretary on as a charity case who did not and could not get a day's work done.

What a bastard!!!! You had to do your own work and not fob it off on someone else?

Sorry, man, you come off more and more like a jerk the further this thread goes on.

She was rude to me.

The boss took her out on cigarette breaks on her wheelchair. It was obvious he cared for her very much.

She had been with the firm for 25 years and there was no way he was ever going to fire her no natter how much she goofed off and slept at her desk.

Every day I wished she would go away, I wanted her gone, I wanted her to retire.

Your wishes played no part

The universe doesn't care what you want so get over it

She was rude to me.

God you are a basket case.
Why do you hate God? Besides being gay?

Dead is dead. Let it go and move on. She didn’t like you anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back