I don't understand why republicans reject both a minimum wage hike and welfare for the poor

Neocons are such hateful little hypocrites. They love Big Government when it benefits them. Thousands of Businesses all across America have their hands out for Government Cheese. They're always hittin Government up for Freebies. But God forbid, the poor struggling American Worker catch a break. They're the 'Evil Greedy' ones in hateful hyporcite Neocon world.

They're so full of shite. They absolutely adore Big Government. But only if benefits them and their greedy Corporate asshole friends. So let em bitch and hate on struggling American Workers. It'll come back to bite em in future Elections. Bet on that.

You don't know what "neocon" means. Neocons support big government by definition, they are fiscal liberals. How can they be hypocrites for supporting what they say they support?

Neocons are such hateful little hypocrites. They love Big Government when it benefits them. Thousands of Businesses all across America have their hands out for Government Cheese. They're always hittin Government up for Freebies. But God forbid, the poor struggling American Worker catch a break. They're the 'Evil Greedy' ones in hateful hyporcite Neocon world.

They're so full of shite. They absolutely adore Big Government. But only if benefits them and their greedy Corporate asshole friends. So let em bitch and hate on struggling American Workers. It'll come back to bite em in future Elections. Bet on that.

Ahhh...."American Workers"
Clearly that must mean govt civil servants, union employees, social workers, community organizers, and agricultural communal occutards.....

Ha, you Big Government Neocons are every bit in favor of Big Government as Communists/Progressives are. You guys are just so consumed with hate & greed, that you only bitch about it when poor struggling Americans benefit from it.

Otherwise, you guys have absolutely no problem with Big Government. American Workers don't count on you. That's why they'll rush to vote for the other Party. WTG dummies.

You have no idea what a neocon is.

They are government loving liberals like you, Homey, you need to do some reading, you're making yourself look really stupid right now.

I'll do you a solid give you the short version. Neocons are fiscal liberals who support spreading democratic government through the military. W and Cheney were clearly Neocons. They loved government just like you. Obama didn't run as a neocon but he's served as one. Rush for example is not a Neocon, he's a fiscal conservative. You are completely lost on this one. If you're going to be ignorance, at least don't flaunt it so much

Yes, he's trying to make the point that when Democratic congresses spend money on Democratic priorities that is the Republicans spending money. Democrats are incapable of manning up to what they do

No! That's your assertion. You're trying to let Ronnie off the hook. If the Pres signs it , he owns it.

So when I say Democrats who passed the spending bills are responsible for what they did, that's just me trying to get Reagan off?

Aabsolutely!
Congress can pass bills all day everyday but they are nothing until the Pres signs them into law. But you know that don't you? You're trying to use a halfwitted loophole to change history.

There are hundreds of ways Congress can pass spending increases without the President. If they do nothing at all, without a new budget resolution, the prior resolution remains in effect. The president doesn't have any say in the matter.

Additionally, it is very common for Congress to attach spending to things that are absolutely required. For example, a deployed unit of troops. Without that spending bill, those troops end up without food and ammunitions. A blood bath of American troops would result.

Congress knows this, and so attaches a spending bill for Food Stamps, or University funding. The President is never going to veto a bill for deployed troops, because it contains other unrelated spending provisions.

Also, there are other ways to increase spending, that don't need a presidential signature. For example Medicaid funding, is based on State law. If a State widens the requirements to get Medicaid, allowing more people to qualify, that part of that funding comes from the Federal government, which increases spending without the President signing anything. (one of the reasons Medicaid needs repealed completely).

If the President veto'd everything, you'd claim he was preventing Congress of fixing our problems. If he pushes for reduced spending, but signs popular bills into law, you claim he should have veto'd everything.

The hypocrite is you.

Don't assume you know my thinking. For some reason all you cons do that.
If a Pres signs something into law they accept it and own it. It becomes part of his record.

He shouldn't assume that you think what you said? So you admit you're a liar? Fascinating

No doubt it's going to be one of the key issues. There is a strong majority support for a MW increase. The demographics don't support the Repub position( on other issues as well), and allow for a win in 16'.

2-21-13-3.png

FT_GOP_Wage.png

Now does matter what Americans want? Americans also want for example to present ID when voting, they also want traditional marriage, etc.

Poll: 60 percent of likely voters back gay marriage
Read more: Poll 60 percent of likely voters back gay marriage - Steven Shepard - POLITICO
And what percentage will not allow a candidates stance on gay marriage sway their vote?

I bet over 50% of those that support gay marriage will not look at that position when choosing a candidate.

Gay Marriage? LOL!

Marriage is the Joining of One Man and One Woman.

Clearly that must mean govt civil servants, union employees, social workers, community organizers, and agricultural communal occutards.....

Ha, you Big Government Neocons are every bit in favor of Big Government as Communists/Progressives are. You guys are just so consumed with hate & greed, that you only bitch about it when poor struggling Americans benefit from it.

Otherwise, you guys have absolutely no problem with Big Government. American Workers don't count on you. That's why they'll rush to vote for the other Party. WTG dummies.

They are government loving liberals like you, Homey, you need to do some reading, you're making yourself look really stupid right now.

I'll do you a solid give you the short version. Neocons are fiscal liberals who support spreading democratic government through the military. W and Cheney were clearly Neocons. They loved government just like you. Obama didn't run as a neocon but he's served as one. Rush for example is not a Neocon, he's a fiscal conservative. You are completely lost on this one. If you're going to be ignorance, at least don't flaunt it so much

Neocons are hateful greedy assholes. Communists/Progressives at least show some concern and compassion for struggling American Workers. I gotta give em that. That'll go a long way in helping them hang onto the White House for the foreseeable future.

But in the end, you're both Big Government Totalitarians. You both created this current Big Government Police State. And there's no going back. So if we're gonna be this Big Government Police State, i'm ok with struggling American Workers benefiting in it once and awhile. Because God knows, the elites are certainly gonna benefit in it. The reality is, Big Government is here to stay. I hope American Workers get as much as they can out of it.

in the end, you're both Big Government Totalitarians. You both created this current Big Government Police State. And there's no going back. So if we're gonna be this Big Government Police State, i'm ok with struggling American Workers benefiting in it once and awhile. Because God knows, the elites are certainly gonna benefit in it. The reality is, Big Government is here to stay. I hope American Workers get as much as they can out of it.

:wtf:

I'm a big government totalitarian who created a police state ... libertarian. What an idiot. No wonder you don't know what neocon means or how to use a dictionary. Maybe if it had pictures...

Neocons are hateful greedy assholes. Communists/Progressives at least show some concern and compassion for struggling American Workers. I gotta give em that. That'll go a long way in helping them hang onto the White House for the foreseeable future.

But in the end, you're both Big Government Totalitarians. You both created this current Big Government Police State. And there's no going back. So if we're gonna be this Big Government Police State, i'm ok with struggling American Workers benefiting in it once and awhile. Because God knows, the elites are certainly gonna benefit in it. The reality is, Big Government is here to stay. I hope American Workers get as much as they can out of it.

34gpxjp.jpg

Neocons are hateful greedy assholes. Communists/Progressives at least show some concern and compassion for struggling American Workers

There's no such things as "Neo-Cons"... you're talking about Communists (Progressives) who got tired of being helpless.

No, Communists and progressives "say" they show concern, while giving money stolen from the poor, to the wealthy and rich, all while pushing policies that harm the 'struggling american workers'.

Yeah, you 'say' a bunch of stuff, but your actions show the opposite.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

No, Communists and progressives "say" they show concern, while giving money stolen from the poor, to the wealthy and rich, all while pushing policies that harm the 'struggling american workers'.

Andy nailed your sorry ass, Pauli Girl.

So Paul, what are YOU doing besides demanding someone do something? I mean with your own money?

So Paul, what are YOU doing besides demanding someone do something? I mean with your own money?
I'd like to see a survey of how many leftists are willing to forgo all investment profits on their 401ks and give up their pensions to instead give all that evil profit back to the workers.

I'd like to see a survey of how many leftists are willing to forgo all investment profits on their 401ks and give up their pensions to instead give all that evil profit back to the workers.

You would likely be amazed how many leftards do not realize that "stock holders" are generally themselves. Pension funds are some of the biggest stock holders on Wall Street... but you never hear them complain about those evil greedy profit driven Unions.

Things worked just fine before Ronald Reagan....the big tax cutter. He slashed tax rates to 50 year lows, continued to spend like a drunk sailor

When you re-write history you lose my interest. Tip O'Neill and the Democratic congress were the spenders, but you're obviously not concerned with truth so whatever.

How does congress spend when the Pres has to sign off on it ?

I'm not going to explain basic history to you people other than to say Reagan traded 3-1 tax cuts to Tip for spending cuts. Tip suckered him and never gave him the spending cuts. Also, Reagan's priority was to bring down the Soviet Union. So he made deals with Tip.

Neither of those support the ridiculous assertion that Reagan is the one who spent the money. If you want to continue this discussion then you have to accurately portray basic history. You are free to disagree with me, but not knowing anything or your actually contradicting history I'm not interested in doing

Reagan didn't sign off on the spending?
There is a reason Obama never accepted the Ryan budget. If the Pres signs it, he agreed to it and then owns it.

The Democrat congress over spent the Reagan budget, every single year. The president can give a suggested budget, but ultimately it's up to congress to spend the money. Just like under Clinton, the Republican congress UNDER spent the Clinton Budget every single year.

The Reagan administration tried to cut spending, and the government increased it every single time. Reagan even wrote about his frustration on this issue, in his personal journals.

I couldn't get past the lie in the first sentence. Or maybe you just don't know that the word congress means both the Senate and House of Representatives.

The Senate was controlled by the republicans for 6 of reagan's 8 years as president. The republicans lost the majority control in the 1986 election.

So no. The democrats didn't control the congress for most of the reagan presidency. It was split between a democratically controlled majority in the House and a republican controlled majority in the Senate.

Which means that republicans are just as responsible for the out of control spending as the democrats in that time. Actually since the republicans controlled the White House and Senate they had more control of those 2 branches of government. The democrats had no control at all except a majority in the House.

You're also forgetting that the presidents writes and proposes a budget. The congress passes it and then the president signs it. They can change what the president wrote in that budget but the budget itself originates with the president and it's signed in to law by the president.

That means that the budgets of the reagan years are reagan's budgets and he's responsible for those budgets.

My suggestion to you is to find a remedial government text book and learn about how our government works. Read some honest information about the budgets of the reagan years. Which none ever was balanced and all of those budgets took the deficit and debt to historic heights just as bush the first and the bush boy did in their presidencies.

When you re-write history you lose my interest. Tip O'Neill and the Democratic congress were the spenders, but you're obviously not concerned with truth so whatever.

I'm not going to explain basic history to you people other than to say Reagan traded 3-1 tax cuts to Tip for spending cuts. Tip suckered him and never gave him the spending cuts. Also, Reagan's priority was to bring down the Soviet Union. So he made deals with Tip.

Neither of those support the ridiculous assertion that Reagan is the one who spent the money. If you want to continue this discussion then you have to accurately portray basic history. You are free to disagree with me, but not knowing anything or your actually contradicting history I'm not interested in doing

There is a reason Obama never accepted the Ryan budget. If the Pres signs it, he agreed to it and then owns it.

The Democrat congress over spent the Reagan budget, every single year. The president can give a suggested budget, but ultimately it's up to congress to spend the money. Just like under Clinton, the Republican congress UNDER spent the Clinton Budget every single year.

The Reagan administration tried to cut spending, and the government increased it every single time. Reagan even wrote about his frustration on this issue, in his personal journals.

I couldn't get past the lie in the first sentence. Or maybe you just don't know that the word congress means both the Senate and House of Representatives.

The Senate was controlled by the republicans for 6 of reagan's 8 years as president. The republicans lost the majority control in the 1986 election.

So no. The democrats didn't control the congress for most of the reagan presidency. It was split between a democratically controlled majority in the House and a republican controlled majority in the Senate.

Which means that republicans are just as responsible for the out of control spending as the democrats in that time. Actually since the republicans controlled the White House and Senate they had more control of those 2 branches of government. The democrats had no control at all except a majority in the House.

You're also forgetting that the presidents writes and proposes a budget. The congress passes it and then the president signs it. They can change what the president wrote in that budget but the budget itself originates with the president and it's signed in to law by the president.

That means that the budgets of the reagan years are reagan's budgets and he's responsible for those budgets.

My suggestion to you is to find a remedial government text book and learn about how our government works. Read some honest information about the budgets of the reagan years. Which none ever was balanced and all of those budgets took the deficit and debt to historic heights just as bush the first and the bush boy did in their presidencies.
Budgets originate in the House, dumbfuck

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Spending bills originate in the House, which was firmly in Democrat hands the entire Reagan Presidency.

And of course, the Democrats gained both houses at the end.

That said, I will grant you that the Republicans held Senate with 3 votes.

The fact is, there are many left-wing Republicans. Republican is a party, not an ideology. Not all republicans are right-wing. I wish they were.

There are in fact some Democrats, that are more right-wing than quite a few Republicans. I personally would have easily voted for James Trafficant, had he run for President as a Democrat.

There are actually several Blue Dog Democrat Coalition members, that I would seriously consider voting for. Not a ton, but a few.

I'm not hung up on party, as much as I am ideology. Reagan had the right ideology. He pushed for cuts in spending, and a strong military, and lower taxes. It was the right ideology, and most people not screwed up in the head over party, realize that the tax cuts of the 80s, resulted in the economic boom. Even the Clinton administration's economic advisors admitted the tax cuts of the 80s, resulted in the economic growth of the late 80s and 90s.

Of course their reputations were on the line, so they had to admit the truth. The average left-wing fruit on a forum like this, has no reputation to protect, and says the tax cuts were terrible.

So yes, the Republicans in Congress, that were leftwing too, didn't help to hold spending in check. I agree.

in the end, you're both Big Government Totalitarians. You both created this current Big Government Police State. And there's no going back. So if we're gonna be this Big Government Police State, i'm ok with struggling American Workers benefiting in it once and awhile. Because God knows, the elites are certainly gonna benefit in it. The reality is, Big Government is here to stay. I hope American Workers get as much as they can out of it.

:wtf:

I'm a big government totalitarian who created a police state ... libertarian. What an idiot. No wonder you don't know what neocon means or how to use a dictionary. Maybe if it had pictures...

Point is, this Big Government Police State is here to stay. There is no going back. Both Neocons and Communists/Progressives fully support Big Government domination. They both claim they don't, but their actions say it all.

So the fight for smaller Government is over. That ship sailed a long time ago. There's no point fighting that battle anymore. Both Parties want complete Government domination. But if workers can get theirs, good for them. Everyone's got their hand out, so why not hook struggling American Workers up a bit. I'm good with it.

Neocons are hateful greedy assholes. Communists/Progressives at least show some concern and compassion for struggling American Workers

There's no such things as "Neo-Cons"... you're talking about Communists (Progressives) who got tired of being helpless.

Communists/Progressives at least give the illusion they care about struggling Workers. Neocons are just outright hateful greedy fat asses. Why would American Workers support them? Yeah, any Democrat running next time, should have no problem winning the White House.

Forum List

Back