I dont understand how someone becomes gay?

Is it a matter of lifestyle choice/culture or biological? Whats with bisexuals or pansexuals?

Do you think our sexually "liberated" culture encourages bi and pansexuality?

YouGov | 1 in 2 young people say they are not 100% heterosexual

Put a penis in your butt and see if you like it. You might.
Did you ? Sure sounds like it ....

You know your picture is of a closeted gay right?

'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers | HuffPost

After all, Fred Rogers knowingly hired gays to appear on Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, even counting two of them, John Reardon and Francois Clemmons, among his closest personal friends. Rogers also attended a Presbyterian church in Pittsburgh that remains well known for welcoming the LGBT community and supporting its full inclusion at all denominational levels.

The nagging question is also understandable if we acknowledge that gay men of Rogers’ generation (and discretion) often hid their gay sexuality by marrying women and having children, all the while engaging in gay sex on the sly.

Everything becomes a bit more complicated when we consider that in the late 1960s Rogers encouraged Francois Clemmons, who played the role of Officer Clemmons, to remain in the closet, marry a woman, and focus on his singing career as ways to rein in and channel his gay sexual orientation. Rogers evidently believed Clemmons would tank his career had he come out as a gay man in the late 1960s.

But — and this is a crucial point — Rogers later revised his counsel to his younger friend. As countless gays came out more publicly following the Stonewall uprising, Rogers even urged Clemmons to enter into a long-term and stable gay relationship. And he always warmly welcomed Clemmons’ gay friends whenever they visited the television set in Pittsburgh.

Nevertheless, Rogers was never a public advocate of gay rights, even in the post-Stonewall era, and he told colleagues that a public stance on the issue would alienate many of the viewers he wanted to reach with his message.

And what was that message?

“I like you just the way you are.”

Unconditional acceptance, arguably the most positive and compassionate message that any gay child, youth, or adult could find anywhere on television during Rogers’ tenure.

Perhaps it’s this queer- and straight-friendly message that we would do well to recall as we wonder about Rogers’ sexual orientation, revealing so many of our prejudices along the way, deep-seated prejudices about the lives of gays and straights and about our own uneasiness with sexual orientations and behaviors.
Awesome post Sealy - well done ! So you think Mr. Rogers was a Fag ? Assuming everything you posted is correct [and I shant bother to fact check you] perhaps I should change my avatar pic ?

No one knows if he was really gay. Back then you had to hide who you were. Isn't it great today these people can be who they are and not worry about what you think? I know we aren't there yet but we are getting there. Some day no one will call them fags in a derogatory way. Maybe someday parents won't even be horrified when they find out their kid is gay. At least today parents don't disown their kids for being gay. They might be hurt initially but then they get over it because if they truly love the person how can they disown them. Right?

You must really be gay to tell your dad you are gay. I can't imagine breaking that news to my father. LOL.
The pendulum swings both ways. So how did you tell him you were Gay ? Must have broke his heart knowing his child was mentally ill ?

I've answered the OP, how someone becomes "gay". Sexual abuse as a child causing psychosexual damage, etc.

As any faggot answered the OP? Saying "born that way" is a dodge. How is someone born "gay"?
The Science is not settled. LGBT tries to preach they are born Gay but there is no substantial evidence to support their wishful thinking.

sexual orientation and lifestyle choice. The former is fixed. The latter depends of many factors.

That sexual orientation is fixed is not determined. The LGBT community tries to pretend that it is settled science but it is not. Although I share the opinion that it is probably fixed in most queers - that is not proven. Learn the difference between Fact and Opinion

Listen Bean Brain. YOU are the one who needs to learn the difference between fact and opinion instead of being the usual arrogant and dogmatic prick. Have you ever actually spoken to a gay person about their sexuality? I doubt it. You "share the opinion that it is probably fixed in most queers ?" That is a fucking opinion . Learn the difference! What is that based on? What about most straight people?

I don't think that most gay people are pretending that it is settled science. I don't know for a fact that most gay people think or care a whole hell of a lot about it. Most just want to live their lives in peace as the people who they know themselves to be.However, there is strong evidence to support the theory that being gay is an innate and immutable characteristic as the courts have long held.

I think that it is the bigots like you who are pretending and lying about the nature of homosexuality for political reasons. Yes, there is much yet to learn about why people are gay. But by using loggic, reason, and by looking at the available science, we can understand quite a lot

Sexual Orientation: Fixed or Fluid ? by the Progressive Patriot 9.26.17

As we know, people continue to debate this issue at this late date in the evolution of social justice and gay rights. While it certainly is an interesting question from an academic standpoint, there also seems to be a political aspect to it.
In my experience, conservatives tend to insist that sexual orientation can change for a couple of reasons.

First, if it is true, they can then justify "conversion therapy" for gay people who want to be straight or who have been coerced and shamed into submitting to it. Second, and closely related to the first reason is to demonstrate that sexual orientation- at least being bi or homosexual is a choice. It then follows that if it is a choice, then it is the "fault of those people" who have allegedly chosen a decadent and frivolous "lifestyle" and therefore are not deserving of respect, acceptance and rights. And while they insist that homosexuality is a choice, ask them when they chose to be heterosexual-or if they could chose to be homosexual- and they are dumfounded- not understanding that it has to be the other side of the same coin

The reasoning on the issue of fluidity and choice falls short on a number of different levels. First, even if sexual orientation were fluid as they claim, that does not mean that someone can change at will like a chameleon. People change in various ways -for both better and worse -throughout their lives. Those changes are not necessarily consciously planned. Rather, it is a process. They learn, they grow, they evolve. Tastes and preferences change. We don't penalize people for any of that- unless sex is involved.

In addition, they either deliberately or out of ignorance, conflate the issue of " lifestyle choice. They deliberately ignore or are willfully ignorant of the fact that sexual orientation exists along a continuum from fully heterosexual to fully homosexual with many people who are bi sexual who may lean one way or the other in between. It is those people who are bisexual who may “choose” a lifestyle and at various times engage in same sex or opposite sex relationships. In other words, you have to distinguish between life style and sexual orientation. However, no matter how many times I try to drive home that point, the people who are invested in insisting that homosexuality is a choice don’t get it, most likely because they don’t want to get it-because if they do get it, it will deprive them of an important talking point needed to marginalize and delegitimize gay people by painting homosexuality as something other than an immutable characteristic.

Finally , they dumb down or completely ignore the advances in science on the topic.

Try digesting this:

Study Finds Epigenetics, Not Genetics, Underlies Homosexuality

KNOXVILLE – Epigenetics - how gene expression is regulated by temporary switches, called epi-marks - appears to be a critical and overlooked factor contributing to the long-standing puzzle of why homosexuality occurs.
According to the study, published online today in The Quarterly Review of Biology, sex-specific epi-marks, which normally do not pass between generations and are thus "erased," can lead to homosexuality when they escape erasure and are transmitted from father to daughter or mother to son.

Epi-marks constitute an extra layer of information attached to our genes' backbones that regulates their expression. While genes hold the instructions, epi-marks direct how those instructions are carried out - when, where and how much a gene is expressed during development. Epi-marks are usually produced anew each generation, but recent evidence demonstrates that they sometimes carry over between generations and thus can contribute to similarity among relatives, resembling the effect of shared genes.

I've answered the OP, how someone becomes "gay". Sexual abuse as a child causing psychosexual damage, etc.

As any faggot answered the OP? Saying "born that way" is a dodge. How is someone born "gay"?
The Science is not settled. LGBT tries to preach they are born Gay but there is no substantial evidence to support their wishful thinking.
So you're bi who chooses to be straight

So now you're saying JFK was a Fag ? :night:

No but his catholic priest was. Probably

Have you ever actually spoken to a gay person about their sexuality?
That was a part of my vocation for many years - which is why I chuckle at the ignorance of assh*les such as yourself who know nothing other than parroting left wing talking points. You and your ilk are so programmable it is mind boggling .

The article you referenced deals with epi-marks which are theoretically possible and is based on a paper "Homosexuality as a consequence of epigenetically canalized sexual development." it is THEORY that may some day be proven out.

You do not understand the difference between fact and opinion so how can I expect you to even remotely comprehend the diff. btwn Theory and fact - Holy Sh*t little fella talking with you is like trying to teach Calculus to Kindergartners

SACRELIG !!! HERETIC ! :wtf:

SACRELIG !!! HERETIC ! :wtf:
But true. Just remember not everyone thinks like you.
We are all on a scale from 1 to ten. Guys like me who believe gays are born that way are closer to 10 on the scale. You're a 7

Is it a matter of lifestyle choice/culture or biological? Whats with bisexuals or pansexuals?

Do you think our sexually "liberated" culture encourages bi and pansexuality?

YouGov | 1 in 2 young people say they are not 100% heterosexual
Well that is an interesting article that you posted and I applaud you for bringing some actual intellectual inquiry to this mostly vapid and moronic thread. However, you really ask a lot of questions here that you seem to expect actual thoughtful answers to and that may be a mistake

I however, will try to provide an answer. to the question "Do you think our sexually "liberated" culture encourages bi and pansexuality?"

I would stop short of saying that the culture encourages alternative sexual orientations. People are who they are. No one can be "encouraged " to be bi or homosexual and then become something that they are not. Rather, I think a better description of the effects of our relatively permissive society is that they are given " permission" to be who they sense that that they are on the deepest levels of their psyche. There is an important difference.

In past generations, people who were not "straight" often had to live in silent desperation and fear. They had to conceal their sexuality and if they were able to achieve any fulfillment at all, it had to be on the down low in the bath houses and bars. Bringing a date home was usually unthinkable. An actual ongoing relationship was difficult or impossible.

Now, increasingly, people are able to be open about their sexuality- they have permission and that is a good thing. It makes for a healthier and more fulfilling life, and that in turn, makes our society healthier.

What too many people do not understand- or pretend not to understand - is the difference between sexual orientation and lifestyle choice. The former is fixed. The latter depends of many factors. The gay person can choose to " come out" or not. The bi person can choose a partner of the same sex or opposite sex depending on the course of their life, and the opportunities ant any given time.

I hope this helps. Lets see who wants to jump on it
It's not right that our society frowns on gays, interracial and open marriages. Basically trying to alter the evolution of our species being what it wants to be and all because religions said so

Interracial Marriage is not the same as Gay Marriage. Trying to link the two is a common psych. tactic used by propagandists known as
Associative Conditioning. When properly executed it will enhance the undesirable attributes of one by drawing upon the qualities of the other.
cf3.jpg

7b4.jpg

gay-marriage-is-illegal-so-was-interracial-wonka.jpg
Just more horseshit. Both Loving and Obergefell were based on the same constitutional law principles of the 14th Amendment. Both cases involved the limits of states rights in the area of marriage. Both cases involved the upholding peoples right to chose who they wish to marry over the objections of the bigots. You cant say that you agree with Loving and Obergefell. . It makes no fucking sense.

Both cases involved the upholding peoples right to chose who they wish to marry over the objections of the bigots.

I never disagreed with the rights of dikes and queers to commiserate in the rites of marriage. And I agree 100% with the courts in upholding their rights to marry - you never saw me argue against the rights of any free Americans to marry the person of their choice - mentally deranged or otherwise.

The point of the post you replied to was to demonstrate psych. tactics used by leftards to deny others their rights namely one tactic known as Associative Conditioning aka Neuro Associative Conditioning See: Leftist Brain Washing Techniques

not everyone thinks like you.
Pure Science dictates that your opinions regardless of how hard you stomp your feet or how long you hold your breath can never be considered fact until proven out via the scientific method.

Scientific method in its true form involves objectivity - Objectivity is a basic philosophical concept, related to reality and truth. Objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. Scientific Objectivity is a value that informs how scientific studies are conducted and how scientific truths are arrived at. It is the idea that scientists, in attempting to uncover truths about the natural world, must aspire to eliminate personal biases, emotional involvement, etc ...
\
As a bleeding heart libtard Your OPINIONS are highly biased

not everyone thinks like you.
Pure Science dictates that your opinions regardless of how hard you stomp your feet or how long you hold your breath can never be considered fact until proven out via the scientific method.

Scientific method in its true form involves objectivity - Objectivity is a basic philosophical concept, related to reality and truth. Objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. Scientific Objectivity is a value that informs how scientific studies are conducted and how scientific truths are arrived at. It is the idea that scientists, in attempting to uncover truths about the natural world, must aspire to eliminate personal biases, emotional involvement, etc ...
\
As a bleeding heart libtard Your OPINIONS are highly biased
Not everyone is bi like you. One who chooses not to endulge.....again

Abort fetuses with the Gay Gene.
Problem Solved.
Oh, so now there is a gay gene?? What about all of those times when you bigots blathered about how gay is a choice. ? I t seems that if it is a matter of prevention, it is genetic. If it is a matter of finding reasons to invalidate and marginalize gays- it is a choice.
If it's a choice, it's a character flaw.
If it's genetic, it's a defect and may someday be cured. Till then we can abort them in the womb.

Problem Solved.
Oh, so now there is a gay gene?? What about all of those times when you bigots blathered about how gay is a choice. ? I t seems that if it is a matter of prevention, it is genetic. If it is a matter of finding reasons to invalidate and marginalize gays- it is a choice.
If it's a choice, it's a character flaw.
If it's genetic, it's a defect and may someday be cured. Till then we can abort them in the womb.

It would be wonderful if you could determine homosexuality in the womb - parents could then make the choice to abort ... same as is the case with Down Syndrome. We could actually, over time, eliminate homosexuality if it were genetic. My OPINION is that it is not genetic so it's all wishful thinking.

Problem Solved.
USE YOUR WORDS PROGRESSIVE - Do you understand the word facetious ?

Forum List

Back