I don't understand. Enlighten me.

It is not but not showing for your court date should have your Asylum request denied and immediate removal from this country...
Probably it is. BUT first they have to find them.

And there is the problem right there Old Lady!

You have no issue with the loophole and the fact the migrant then become illegal by failing to show up for their court appearance, and for me when caught they should be deported and not allowed back for ten years.

Follow the rules but the left hate the rules in election years...
You have no issue with the loophole
Here you go again, a-hole, when I've said a hundred times here that if they are caught over the border illegally they should not be considered for an asylum claim.
I believe as the rule stands asylum seekers must claim asylum at the first point of entry they come too. You can't claim asylum in one country when the last country you left offered you asylum.
Unless they have a good reason not to. Mexico gave out so many special Visas to these folks coming across their southern border that they had to shut it down. Mexico is hoppin' to it, now, though, that they have a US friendly President who ran against corruption. He'll probably get murdered. I hope not, but he probably will.
Once they leave Mexico they are no longer asylum seekers.

I believe as the rule stands asylum seekers must claim asylum at the first point of entry they come too.
Yeah, yeah...It's painful I tell you.

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status. You must apply for asylum within one year of the date of [your] last arrival in the United States, [...]
https://www.uscis.gov

I applaud personal generosity. Studies have shown conservatives donate $100 to $160 more per year, and it is from donations to their churches. Conservatives are bigger church goers.
For example, child care payments to churches are classified as donations.
At our tiny local church, the donations pay the minister and put oil in the furnace. That's about it. Big churches like the Catholics have huge charity arms that do a tremendous amount of good in the world. Some of the other denominations no doubt do, as well. I am definitely not cutting them. But the average church donation isn't to feed the world or house the homeless.
As the Survey Monkey said, we are an incredibly generous people and their survey showed that politics plays no role in that generosity.

But the average church donation isn't to feed the world or house the homeless.
Heating a church is hardly what one thinks of when counting donations to charity, yet that is what they are classed as. Again, as I said, payments for church services such as child care are deemed to be donations.

I believe as the rule stands asylum seekers must claim asylum at the first point of entry they come too.

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status. You must apply for asylum within one year of the date of [your] last arrival in the United States, [...]
when has Mexico become a part of the U.S.A.?

They don’t have to come here illegally. All they have to do is apply at the American consulate in their country.

i am surprised after the kindness total strangers have shown you...that you revert back to this .....why dont you bitch about the millions trump used for his july 4 th parade or the millions given to trump and his people or clinton and theirs..instead you go on about helping refugees....the poorest of the poor....

your heart did not grow at all when helped....i am simply amazed at how heartless you are...even when shown such kindness you still dont have the heart to show it to others....

They're not "refugees". A refugee has been FORCED out of their home by devastation. They're immigrants, and illegal at that. They are choosing not to go about it the legal way--they are breaking into the system. Did Gracie do that, since you made it personal? Did she take people's stuff? Or did they give it to her freely?

As far as "heartless", she mentioned our OWN veterans, needy children, homeless. These illegals busted in and people like you apparently want to care for them before our very own. That's not fair.
I was under the impression that they are seeking asylum. Which means they are seeking protection because it is unsafe to live in their home country. If granted asylum they then become a refugee.

They have not been granted asylum, dumbass!

i am surprised after the kindness total strangers have shown you...that you revert back to this .....why dont you bitch about the millions trump used for his july 4 th parade or the millions given to trump and his people or clinton and theirs..instead you go on about helping refugees....the poorest of the poor....

your heart did not grow at all when helped....i am simply amazed at how heartless you are...even when shown such kindness you still dont have the heart to show it to others....

They're not "refugees". A refugee has been FORCED out of their home by devastation. They're immigrants, and illegal at that. They are choosing not to go about it the legal way--they are breaking into the system. Did Gracie do that, since you made it personal? Did she take people's stuff? Or did they give it to her freely?

As far as "heartless", she mentioned our OWN veterans, needy children, homeless. These illegals busted in and people like you apparently want to care for them before our very own. That's not fair.
I was under the impression that they are seeking asylum. Which means they are seeking protection because it is unsafe to live in their home country. If granted asylum they then become a refugee.
Why would you be under that impression when clearly they did not seek asylum at the first country they entered after fleeing these so-called unsafe conditions?

what the greatest country in the world cant care for all? yes it can if people had the right priorities...you do realize vets are not taken care of.....young kids in foster system are not taken care of.....rape victims who test kits arent tested..the list goes on and on...does not justify making the list longer now does it...
So why are the Democrats allowing this to happen? No, we cannot take care of the whole world. That is just absolute nonsense.

I was reading the Pence visited a detention center. Now many are screaming he turned his back on those people. They were yelling they have been detained 40 days; are not allowed showers; bad food; no drinking water etc etc etc.

What I am confused about is....has any of those screaming about those peoples current living conditions realized yet that those people put themselves in there by entering our country illegally? And if they were set loose as they want, where are they supposed to go? Join the civilians of the USA in tent cities on the streets? And if that happened, how many now screaming about them being locked up with scream if housing is being built for them but they have their NOT IN MY BACK YARD signs all ready to carry in front of their city halls? Have ANY of those screaming visited the living conditions of the homeless on the streets of LA, SF, Insert City Name Here ________________? If not, why not? If so, where is the indignant hysterics for the veterans, children, mothers without fathers, seniors having to live in such conditions? And, what about babies born alive only to be murdered once out of the womb? They are screaming about seeing small children in those detention centers, asking "who is watching that poor baby sitting there on that cot alone?" yet ignore the baby crying at its birth only to die shortly after at the very hands that delivered it...or the child sitting on the curb because it has no home? Some are screaming about people in the detention centers being forced to sleep on concrete. Our veterans are sleeping on concrete too....on a city street or under an overpass. Old people. Young people. Handicapped people. Children. Concrete. And businesses make damn sure they don't sleep near their front doors so benches are made to force them to find other places to sleep. Not in their parks. Oh no. Not in their neighborhoods. Oh no. Yet....people who came here are to be pitied? Those folks put themselves in that position by breaking our laws. Why have they not figured that out yet?

Are those screaming willing and able to house, feed, clothe some of those folks? No. Not them. Someone else has to do it. Who is that someone else? And what citizen has to be shoved back to the end of the line to make room for them?

None of it makes sense. So..enlighten me if you can.

Below is anti homeless benches for right here in the USA. All those in the detention camps are HOMELESS. Hello????

benches to stop homeless - Google Search
Asylum seeking is not against the law. You're welcome.

It is not but not showing for your court date should have your Asylum request denied and immediate removal from this country...
Probably it is. BUT first they have to find them.

And there is the problem right there Old Lady!

You have no issue with the loophole and the fact the migrant then become illegal by failing to show up for their court appearance, and for me when caught they should be deported and not allowed back for ten years.

Follow the rules but the left hate the rules in election years...
You have no issue with the loophole
Here you go again, a-hole, when I've said a hundred times here that if they are caught over the border illegally they should not be considered for an asylum claim.

What you wrote is not the same as we are writing about.

Asylum seekers using the loophole while knowing they will not be granted Asylum so they can get into the country legally but later become illegal is the discussion.

You have no issue with the loophole and that is the fact!

Why would you be under that impression when clearly they did not seek asylum at the first country they entered after fleeing these so-called unsafe conditions?
Because it is a fact that they are asking for asylum in the US. I am not aware of any obligation for an asylum seeker to ask for it in the first country they enter.

Because it is a fact that they are asking for asylum in the US. I am not aware of any obligation for an asylum seeker to ask for it in the first country they enter.
Then you are wrong. Asylum seekers are required to ask for asylum from the first country they enter that takes them out of harm's way.

Once they no longer feel a threat to their lives, their refugee status changes and they are no longer eligible to seek asylum in the US.

Go look it up.

Regardless, the moment they leave their country, they are no longer in danger from their country. We at that point have no obligation to accept them.

They don’t have to come here illegally. All they have to do is apply at the American consulate in their country.
Ffs. From a US government agency and it just blows over the pointed tops of these retards' heads.

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States.

Then you are wrong. Asylum seekers are required to ask for asylum from the first country they enter that takes them out of harm's way.

Once they no longer feel a threat to their lives, their refugee status changes and they are no longer eligible to seek asylum in the US.

Go look it up.

Regardless, the moment they leave their country, they are no longer in danger from their country. We at that point have no obligation to accept them.
I did look it up and came up empty. You will have to provide a credible link.

That's because you believe every lie the press spouts. Refugee status confers more benefits.

I was reading the Pence visited a detention center. Now many are screaming he turned his back on those people. They were yelling they have been detained 40 days; are not allowed showers; bad food; no drinking water etc etc etc.

What I am confused about is....has any of those screaming about those peoples current living conditions realized yet that those people put themselves in there by entering our country illegally? And if they were set loose as they want, where are they supposed to go? Join the civilians of the USA in tent cities on the streets? And if that happened, how many now screaming about them being locked up with scream if housing is being built for them but they have their NOT IN MY BACK YARD signs all ready to carry in front of their city halls? Have ANY of those screaming visited the living conditions of the homeless on the streets of LA, SF, Insert City Name Here ________________? If not, why not? If so, where is the indignant hysterics for the veterans, children, mothers without fathers, seniors having to live in such conditions? And, what about babies born alive only to be murdered once out of the womb? They are screaming about seeing small children in those detention centers, asking "who is watching that poor baby sitting there on that cot alone?" yet ignore the baby crying at its birth only to die shortly after at the very hands that delivered it...or the child sitting on the curb because it has no home? Some are screaming about people in the detention centers being forced to sleep on concrete. Our veterans are sleeping on concrete too....on a city street or under an overpass. Old people. Young people. Handicapped people. Children. Concrete. And businesses make damn sure they don't sleep near their front doors so benches are made to force them to find other places to sleep. Not in their parks. Oh no. Not in their neighborhoods. Oh no. Yet....people who came here are to be pitied? Those folks put themselves in that position by breaking our laws. Why have they not figured that out yet?

Are those screaming willing and able to house, feed, clothe some of those folks? No. Not them. Someone else has to do it. Who is that someone else? And what citizen has to be shoved back to the end of the line to make room for them?

None of it makes sense. So..enlighten me if you can.

Below is anti homeless benches for right here in the USA. All those in the detention camps are HOMELESS. Hello????

benches to stop homeless - Google Search
This fails as a blame the victim fallacy.

This post also illustrates an ignorance of immigration law.

Immigration law is written to accommodate asylum seekers, acknowledging the fact that those seeking refugee status will enter the country because they are fleeing oppression, violence, and authoritarian regimes.

Asylum seekers can be detained pending a determination of their application for refugee status; the law requires their detention be humane and temporary.

Consequently no one is ‘screaming’ about anything.

It’s perfectly appropriate to be critical of the Trump administration’s failure to follow immigration law with regard to the treatment of asylum seekers – a failure the result of this administration’s incompetence and unwarranted fear of, and contempt for, immigrants, asylum seekers, and the rule of law.

Go look it up.

I did look it up and came up empty. You will have to provide a credible link.
By credible, you mean one you'll accept. Sorry, unless you've got 30 bucks, you'll have to find it on your own. I don't work for free.

That's because you believe every lie the press spouts. Refugee status confers more benefits.
What's that got to do with what I posted?

Forum List

Back