I don't understand. Enlighten me.

when has Mexico become a part of the U.S.A.?
Ffs. What an example of ignorant bloviation you are, determined to air your complete misinformation without a hint of embarrassment.
Dumbass here is my post that you half ass quoted you left out the last part
I believe as the rule stands asylum seekers must claim asylum at the first point of entry they come too. You can't claim asylum in one country when the last country you left offered you asylum.

And, why are the screamers not yelling for Native American assistance? Do they not realize the dire circumstances in Pine Ridge and other reservations where the suicide rate is highest than anywhere else? They are brown people. What about them? Do they not count?

Suicide rate for Native American women is up 139%
This fails as a red herring fallacy, it’s completely unrelated to immigration law and the administration’s mishandling and incompetence with regard to the treatment of immigrants.

I was under the impression that they are seeking asylum. Which means they are seeking protection because it is unsafe to live in their home country. If granted asylum they then become a refugee.
Why would you be under that impression when clearly they did not seek asylum at the first country they entered after fleeing these so-called unsafe conditions?
Because it is a fact that they are asking for asylum in the US. I am not aware of any obligation for an asylum seeker to ask for it in the first country they enter.
Then you are wrong. Asylum seekers are required to ask for asylum from the first country they enter that takes them out of harm's way.

Once they no longer feel a threat to their lives, their refugee status changes and they are no longer eligible to seek asylum in the US.

Go look it up.

Regardless, the moment they leave their country, they are no longer in danger from their country. We at that point have no obligation to accept them.
I did look it up and came up empty. You will have to provide a credible link.
By credible, you mean one you'll accept. Sorry, unless you've got 30 bucks, you'll have to find it on your own. I don't work for free.
Yeah, that's what I mean. And since you can't provide one I will simply ignore your opinion.

i am surprised after the kindness total strangers have shown you...that you revert back to this .....why dont you bitch about the millions trump used for his july 4 th parade or the millions given to trump and his people or clinton and theirs..instead you go on about helping refugees....the poorest of the poor....

your heart did not grow at all when helped....i am simply amazed at how heartless you are...even when shown such kindness you still dont have the heart to show it to others....

They're not "refugees". A refugee has been FORCED out of their home by devastation. They're immigrants, and illegal at that. They are choosing not to go about it the legal way--they are breaking into the system. Did Gracie do that, since you made it personal? Did she take people's stuff? Or did they give it to her freely?

As far as "heartless", she mentioned our OWN veterans, needy children, homeless. These illegals busted in and people like you apparently want to care for them before our very own. That's not fair.
I was under the impression that they are seeking asylum. Which means they are seeking protection because it is unsafe to live in their home country. If granted asylum they then become a refugee.
That's because you believe every lie the press spouts. Refugee status confers more benefits.
What's that got to do with what I posted?
OMG ....real s l o w f o r y a......they aren't refugees. They aren't seeking asylum. Large portion of them are criminals ....thus the fake family being separated lie.....what they seek is handouts. Thus they seek press coverage. I have more respect for avg border jumper who comes and goes without the press coverage. Not to mention the stories of libs helping organize the show on the other side of the border too. It's a political show. AOC standing in an mty parking lot weeping over the chirren sums it up

Last edited:
Dumbass here is my post that you half ass quoted you left out the last part
I believe as the rule stands asylum seekers must claim asylum at the first point of entry they come too. You can't claim asylum in one country when the last country you left offered you asylum.
Ffs. It never ends, does it?

You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

Asylum seeking is not against the law. You're welcome.

It is not but not showing for your court date should have your Asylum request denied and immediate removal from this country...
Probably it is. BUT first they have to find them.

And there is the problem right there Old Lady!

You have no issue with the loophole and the fact the migrant then become illegal by failing to show up for their court appearance, and for me when caught they should be deported and not allowed back for ten years.

Follow the rules but the left hate the rules in election years...
You have no issue with the loophole
Here you go again, a-hole, when I've said a hundred times here that if they are caught over the border illegally they should not be considered for an asylum claim.

What you wrote is not the same as we are writing about.

Asylum seekers using the loophole while knowing they will not be granted Asylum so they can get into the country legally but later become illegal is the discussion.

You have no issue with the loophole and that is the fact!
You have no issue with the loophole and that is the fact!
Why don't you stick to what you know, which is what YOUR opinions are, and stop making up others'. If people could not claim asylum after they have snuck across the border illegally, our system would not be so overwhelmed right now with backed up court cases. Then maybe we could think straight about what to do with those who are applying legally.

i am surprised after the kindness total strangers have shown you...that you revert back to this .....why dont you bitch about the millions trump used for his july 4 th parade or the millions given to trump and his people or clinton and theirs..instead you go on about helping refugees....the poorest of the poor....

your heart did not grow at all when helped....i am simply amazed at how heartless you are...even when shown such kindness you still dont have the heart to show it to others....

They're not "refugees". A refugee has been FORCED out of their home by devastation. They're immigrants, and illegal at that. They are choosing not to go about it the legal way--they are breaking into the system. Did Gracie do that, since you made it personal? Did she take people's stuff? Or did they give it to her freely?

As far as "heartless", she mentioned our OWN veterans, needy children, homeless. These illegals busted in and people like you apparently want to care for them before our very own. That's not fair.
Wrong.

An undocumented immigrant is not ‘illegal’ until such time as he has been denied refugee status by an immigration court; all immigrants are entitled to a presumption of innocence and due process of law – including those undocumented.

Trump’s failed immigration policy is the consequence of fear, bigotry, and hate; the notion that by making living conditions in detention facilities as inhumane and miserable as possible to act as a ‘deterrent’ to more immigrants entering the country has been a complete debacle – Trump’s immigration policy is both illegal and reprehensible, reflecting the fear, bigotry, and hate common to most on the right.

They break in and then don't report for their court date.

Illegal.
Also wrong.

Entering the country to seek asylum as a refugee is not to ‘break in’; immigration law is written to accommodate asylum seekers.

Asylum seekers present themselves to immigration authorities after entering the country, submit applications for refugee status, and report to their hearings concerning asylum.

The immigration ‘issue’ is solely about nativist conservatives hostile to ‘brown people’ who speak Spanish entering the country, it’s about rightwing fear, bigotry, and hate, it’s about white conservatives’ wrongheaded perception of immigration being a ‘threat’ to ‘white culture’ and America being ‘overrun’ by ‘foreigners.’

They don’t have to come here illegally. All they have to do is apply at the American consulate in their country.
Ffs. From a US government agency and it just blows over the pointed tops of these retards' heads.

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States.

You do realize any US consulate is part of the United States?

That substantiates my claim that these people are asylum seekers and that they were detained at the border. Are you trying to prove my points?

It's from The Nation. It only proves that they are not detained their indefinitely. If they claim asylum, they are bused wherever, dropped off somewhere, and do not have to then report to any court. They are basically inside America and left alone.
I know where it is from. And I know asylum seekers cannot be detained indefinitely. It substantiates everything that I said and that you tried to refute.

They break it.

They are detained BRIEFLY at the border.

Then they are set free in America.

End of story.
Then why all the hand wringing about illegals?

For just one thing, just one. A child of an illegal immigrant in an American school does not use the resources of an American child. No, it's worse than that--she uses MORE. English as a Second Language. All the remedial courses because they're almost certainly behind grade level. Free and reduced lunches. So, if it costs, on average, $10,000 to educate a citizen child yearly, you can bet for sure it costs at least two grand MORE to educate that illegal child. And understand that their parents are paying in NOTHING toward those costs.

That is unjust. Their parents stole it. And we cannot afford it. I hold no animosity against the children, but we must put an end to this. It is fundamentally unfair to the children and families we have HERE, now.
Ignorant, hateful nonsense.

What’s unjust is to deny undocumented children access to public schools – in fact, it’s un-Constitutional.

So..enlighten me if you can.
It's easy.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

John Kenneth Galbraith
I just adopted that for my siggie. Perfect.

It's an inane quote. But liberals love it, because they cannot wrap their heads around the fact that there is no Utopia here, nor shall there ever be.

Also, it's very funny given how liberals are miserly little givers compared to conservatives. Always harping about giving, not really doing it.
No, the quote is spot-on.

The modern conservative is also engaged in the search for a superior moral justification for fear, bigotry, hate, racism, and authoritarianism – the right’s unwarranted hostility toward immigrants and immigration being one of many examples.

The word is " if " and Asylum is a loophole that illegals have learned to use to bypass our system because we can not turn them away.

90% seeking Asylum are not worthy of the status and use it so they can come into the country and never appear for their court date...

Now let me ask you and many on the left if those seeking asylum do not show for their court date and are out of status how should the U.S. Government treat them?

For me it is simple if they are caught they are deported and will be denied reentry for ten year minimum but let say you, and what is your true opinion?
I have no objections to returning people who have been denied asylum or who do not show up for their hearing.
No one has a problem with asylum seekers denied refugee status being deported.

That’s not the issue.

At issue is the right’s desire to deny immigrants due process of the law, in violation of the Constitution.

Too fucking dumb to look up the law you confidently get completely wrong. No wonder Trump got elected.

I was reading the Pence visited a detention center. Now many are screaming he turned his back on those people. They were yelling they have been detained 40 days; are not allowed showers; bad food; no drinking water etc etc etc.

What I am confused about is....has any of those screaming about those peoples current living conditions realized yet that those people put themselves in there by entering our country illegally? And if they were set loose as they want, where are they supposed to go? Join the civilians of the USA in tent cities on the streets? And if that happened, how many now screaming about them being locked up with scream if housing is being built for them but they have their NOT IN MY BACK YARD signs all ready to carry in front of their city halls? Have ANY of those screaming visited the living conditions of the homeless on the streets of LA, SF, Insert City Name Here ________________? If not, why not? If so, where is the indignant hysterics for the veterans, children, mothers without fathers, seniors having to live in such conditions? And, what about babies born alive only to be murdered once out of the womb? They are screaming about seeing small children in those detention centers, asking "who is watching that poor baby sitting there on that cot alone?" yet ignore the baby crying at its birth only to die shortly after at the very hands that delivered it...or the child sitting on the curb because it has no home? Some are screaming about people in the detention centers being forced to sleep on concrete. Our veterans are sleeping on concrete too....on a city street or under an overpass. Old people. Young people. Handicapped people. Children. Concrete. And businesses make damn sure they don't sleep near their front doors so benches are made to force them to find other places to sleep. Not in their parks. Oh no. Not in their neighborhoods. Oh no. Yet....people who came here are to be pitied? Those folks put themselves in that position by breaking our laws. Why have they not figured that out yet?

Are those screaming willing and able to house, feed, clothe some of those folks? No. Not them. Someone else has to do it. Who is that someone else? And what citizen has to be shoved back to the end of the line to make room for them?

None of it makes sense. So..enlighten me if you can.

Below is anti homeless benches for right here in the USA. All those in the detention camps are HOMELESS. Hello????

benches to stop homeless - Google Search
It's a misdemeanor crime. They have been given 40 days in a bad prison for the equivalent of jaywalking.

I was reading the Pence visited a detention center. Now many are screaming he turned his back on those people. They were yelling they have been detained 40 days; are not allowed showers; bad food; no drinking water etc etc etc.

What I am confused about is....has any of those screaming about those peoples current living conditions realized yet that those people put themselves in there by entering our country illegally? And if they were set loose as they want, where are they supposed to go? Join the civilians of the USA in tent cities on the streets? And if that happened, how many now screaming about them being locked up with scream if housing is being built for them but they have their NOT IN MY BACK YARD signs all ready to carry in front of their city halls? Have ANY of those screaming visited the living conditions of the homeless on the streets of LA, SF, Insert City Name Here ________________? If not, why not? If so, where is the indignant hysterics for the veterans, children, mothers without fathers, seniors having to live in such conditions? And, what about babies born alive only to be murdered once out of the womb? They are screaming about seeing small children in those detention centers, asking "who is watching that poor baby sitting there on that cot alone?" yet ignore the baby crying at its birth only to die shortly after at the very hands that delivered it...or the child sitting on the curb because it has no home? Some are screaming about people in the detention centers being forced to sleep on concrete. Our veterans are sleeping on concrete too....on a city street or under an overpass. Old people. Young people. Handicapped people. Children. Concrete. And businesses make damn sure they don't sleep near their front doors so benches are made to force them to find other places to sleep. Not in their parks. Oh no. Not in their neighborhoods. Oh no. Yet....people who came here are to be pitied? Those folks put themselves in that position by breaking our laws. Why have they not figured that out yet?

Are those screaming willing and able to house, feed, clothe some of those folks? No. Not them. Someone else has to do it. Who is that someone else? And what citizen has to be shoved back to the end of the line to make room for them?

None of it makes sense. So..enlighten me if you can.

Below is anti homeless benches for right here in the USA. All those in the detention camps are HOMELESS. Hello????

benches to stop homeless - Google Search
For the price of the republican tax give-a-way the homeless could be homes, the hungry fed, the veterans cared for, and so on.

Nobody murders babies born alive. You need to stop with the fake news crap, it will rot your brain.

Forum List

Back