I Don't Think Many Of You Know What "Confronted" Means

You can't "confront" someone if you're actively trying to get away from them.

When and if they catch up with you after pursuing you, you aren't "confronting" them when you stand your ground.

What we have here is a case of standing your ground, and a criminal then gunning down the lawful citizen who was rightfully standing their ground.

Zimmerman is toast...TOAST I said!

In this case the White man appears to be in the wrong. However, you're a Black Supremacist you are always going to Whitey as wrong. The MAN as the ills for all of African American community. Europe as the reason African warlords rape and slaughter innocent people. I guarantee you still think the Duke LaCrosse players got away with rape and you were screaming on the frontlines that they are rapist, even in light of all the evidence.

You will ALWAYS ALWAYS blame the white man. I bet you blame the white kid who got light on fire by two older black kids! I bet you will ignore the fact that black and latino kids can easily go to a school that is predominately white. Yet a White kid cannot got to a school that is predominately black or latino!

That is just plain ignorant. I am as white as snow and I want justice for Trayvon Martin because he was a young boy that did not deserve to die.

Where in the hell do you you people come from?? Everything is about race with you. Thank God I was born and raised in Hollyweird. We can be a little strange but we don't hate like you do.

I think the guy is guilty of murder. It also sounded like the kid was whipping the shit out of a wannabe super cop. Zimmerman was told to stop by a 911 operator, he did not. He instigated this and he should be held accountable for his part. Then you have the cowards and scum who go straight to race. They dont make it any better. Wonder how much money they are making on this poor kids death.
Who's making money out of this and how?

Thanks.

No one.
Wrong! Lawyers will be making money from this.

...and the presumption of innocence applies only to the government. I know and you know that Zimmerman is guilty of murder. Now we need for the government to prove it!

Being a vigilante night watchman does not give ANYONE the right to shoot an unarmed person that did not approach you. The kid was running from the shooter. The shooter wanted to shoot the victim, so he caught up with him, confronted him and shot him to death.

I don't know that race was an issue, but I suspect it was. Zimmerman is a German name and Germans tend to hate blacks because of guys like Jesse Owens and Joe Louis.

I hope Zimmerman is convicted of murder.

Anybody heard anything about how far away the kid was when he was shot? Or whether it was in the back or front? I heard the shooter say on a call to 911 that the kid was moving away from him; he was told in so many words not to pursue but did anyway, so if a confrontation or fight broke out it seems the shooter initiated it. I'm not big on jumping to conclusions, and would like to know more details, but it doesn't sound like self defense to me.

The confrontation took place sometime after the police told Zimmerman not to follow the black. It makes no sense that Zimmerman would have confronted the black he was following, given that the police were on their way. Zimmerman was physically attacked, and had the wounds to prove it. Zimmerman was calling for help, during the attack.

Most likely, the black saw Zimmerman following him, and so decided to jump Zimmerman. Zimmerman shot in self-defense, which should settle it for anyone who isn't a real racist piece of trash.

The fact that you keep saying, "the black" tells me all I need to know about you. You're a typical racist idiot that I cannot tolerate.

Anybody heard anything about how far away the kid was when he was shot? Or whether it was in the back or front? I heard the shooter say on a call to 911 that the kid was moving away from him; he was told in so many words not to pursue but did anyway, so if a confrontation or fight broke out it seems the shooter initiated it. I'm not big on jumping to conclusions, and would like to know more details, but it doesn't sound like self defense to me.

The confrontation took place sometime after the police told Zimmerman not to follow the black. It makes no sense that Zimmerman would have confronted the black he was following, given that the police were on their way. Zimmerman was physically attacked, and had the wounds to prove it. Zimmerman was calling for help, during the attack.

Most likely, the black saw Zimmerman following him, and so decided to jump Zimmerman. Zimmerman shot in self-defense, which should settle it for anyone who isn't a real racist piece of trash.

The fact that you keep saying, "the black" tells me all I need to know about you. You're a typical racist idiot that I cannot tolerate.
Yeah, what is up with "the Black"? Sounds creepy. And racist.

When and if they catch up with you after pursuing you, you aren't "confronting" them when you stand your ground.

What we have here is a case of standing your ground, and a criminal then gunning down the lawful citizen who was rightfully standing their ground.

Who used the word 'confront' with regard to this case?

The concept stems from the fact that Zimmerman is using the "Stand your ground" argument for his defense.

The problem is that much of the recordings, including one by Zimmerman to a dispatcher, tends to suggest that Zimmerman initiated contact with Trevon. Thus the idea that Zimmerman was standing his ground appears flimsy. The recordings suggest that Zimmerman confronted Trevon when he was not to.

Add in the fact that Zimmerman is a neighborhood watch patrol instead of actual police, one would have to wonder about what were Zimmerman intentions after he caught up to Trevon. What training did he recieved to apprehend a suspect, and if none, what actual rights does Zimmerman have to hold a suspect?

ASIDE

The case does contain racial profiling but is it racially motivated? There have been reports of "Black youths" robbing neihbors in the past thus the part of profiling does have a logical basis to it. But was it racially motivated. Most of the media is claiming that the tapes contain racial epithets. Upon closer inspection of these tapes, it seems that Zimmerman is saying "Fucking punks" instead of a racial slur.

In all likelyhood, the media is sensationalizing the case for profit. Of course, the fact that you have aggressizely minded nieghborhood watch packing heat is enough to sensationalize the story even if Trevon was not shot.

Even so, I do find it strange that Zimmerman, even though he has used the stand your ground defense, was not arrested and further investigated. Maybe Zimmerman has friends on the police force. Cronyism maybe the reason Zimmerman was not handled like an average citizen. I can't see how someone can kill another person without a standard arrest on the grounds of murder being the charge plus a follow up investigation for witnesses. Apparently the police missed Trevon's girlfriend, although her testimony maybe biased due to who was the victim.

Who's making money out of this and how?

Thanks.

No one.
Wrong! Lawyers will be making money from this.

...and the presumption of innocence applies only to the government. I know and you know that Zimmerman is guilty of murder. Now we need for the government to prove it!

Being a vigilante night watchman does not give ANYONE the right to shoot an unarmed person that did not approach you. The kid was running from the shooter. The shooter wanted to shoot the victim, so he caught up with him, confronted him and shot him to death.

I don't know that race was an issue, but I suspect it was. Zimmerman is a German name and Germans tend to hate blacks because of guys like Jesse Owens and Joe Louis.

I hope Zimmerman is convicted of murder.

Actually, all those commentators and 'experts' that get called in to give their 'opinions' about the incident... they're all making money from it too.

I hope Zimmerman gets justice. I hope the same for Martin. That's because I lean towards the whole 'trial by jury' instead of 'trail by media' thing.

In this case the White man appears to be in the wrong. However, you're a Black Supremacist you are always going to Whitey as wrong. The MAN as the ills for all of African American community. Europe as the reason African warlords rape and slaughter innocent people. I guarantee you still think the Duke LaCrosse players got away with rape and you were screaming on the frontlines that they are rapist, even in light of all the evidence.

You will ALWAYS ALWAYS blame the white man. I bet you blame the white kid who got light on fire by two older black kids! I bet you will ignore the fact that black and latino kids can easily go to a school that is predominately white. Yet a White kid cannot got to a school that is predominately black or latino!

That is just plain ignorant. I am as white as snow and I want justice for Trayvon Martin because he was a young boy that did not deserve to die.

Where in the hell do you you people come from?? Everything is about race with you. Thank God I was born and raised in Hollyweird. We can be a little strange but we don't hate like you do.
:lmao:

I'm going to pass on the jump to conclusions frenzy that seems to have taken over here. Once all the facts are in it could very well go either way. The only dog I have in this fight is that justice be served. But the idea that Zimmerman has no right to patrol his own neighborhood and ask strangers about what they're up to is preposterous. We all have that right folks. Just because many or most are too timid to exercise it doesn't change the fact that it's well within our rights to do so. It's also the right of the stranger to tell you to fuck off and it's none of your business. Of course if he was up to no good he knows somebody is watching, and that's a very powerful deterrent. It's essentially the same principle that Home Depot and Best Buy employ by having a greeter get in your face and say hi every time you walk through the door. Because studies show that you're much less likely to shoplift if someone acknowledges your presence. And likewise, a burglar casing the neighborhood is more likely to go find a new neighborhood if someone asks him what he's doing.

It's a dehumanizing tool used by racist fucktards.

I'm going to pass on the jump to conclusions frenzy that seems to have taken over here. Once all the facts are in it could very well go either way. The only dog I have in this fight is that justice be served. But the idea that Zimmerman has no right to patrol his own neighborhood and ask strangers about what they're up to is preposterous. We all have that right folks. Just because many or most are too timid to exercise it doesn't change the fact that it's well within our rights to do so. It's also the right of the stranger to tell you to fuck off and it's none of your business. Of course if he was up to no good he knows somebody is watching, and that's a very powerful deterrent. It's essentially the same principle that Home Depot and Best Buy employ by having a greeter get in your face and say hi every time you walk through the door. Because studies show that you're much less likely to shoplift if someone acknowledges your presence. And likewise, a burglar casing the neighborhood is more likely to go find a new neighborhood if someone asks him what he's doing.
Home Depot doesn't shoot suspicious persons. Though I guess in Florida, they could justify killing shoplifters with this law.

It's a dehumanizing tool used by racist fucktards.
Not that I have anything against using dehumanizing rhetoric for an individual I find to be below human in nature (;)), but that's not based on race, rather it's based on the fact that the individual is subhuman.

Well, I learn something new every day about what racist fucktards do.

Thanks.

Home Depot doesn't shoot suspicious persons. Though I guess in Florida, they could justify killing shoplifters with this law.
Mani brings up a good point.

One thing we can all agree on is what Zimmerman did before he and Martin actually came into contact: Zimmerman followed and confronted Martin because he believed Martin to be suspicious, and there is nothing illegal about that. And, there is nothing illegal about being a creepy copper wannabe.

What happened after that, I hope the courts do a good job on fact-finding. The press is no longer equipped to do that.

One thing we can all agree on is what Zimmerman did before he and Martin actually came into contact: Zimmerman followed and confronted Martin because he believed Martin to be suspicious, and there is nothing illegal about that. And, there is nothing illegal about being a creepy copper wannabe.

What happened after that, I hope the courts do a good job on fact-finding. The press is no longer equipped to do that.

Yep. That's all very logical.

Ravi never heard a good point she wasn't willing to ignore if it conflicted with her agenda driven bias. :thup:

It's true that we don't know. And that is why so many are upset. The police were willing to drop the matter without an investigation. The death of an unarmed person by an armed person should be investigated. More so if the unarmed person was a minor.

And that is one issue that I would like to see addressed. I'd like to hear from the police about what investigation was undertaken and what the results of that were... from the police themselves, not from the media.

And how would you hear what the police have to say if not thru the media??

That's what I just asked you, you big babone!!! You're making me call you names in Italian because you're so annoying!!!

Forum List

Back