I don't think Fred Phelps has thought his cunning plan all the way through...

It's like this:

A: What do you think about Fred Phelps picketing the funerals of fallen American Soldiers?

Republican: I think it's a disgrace. They should be run out of town.

A: The families of those soldiers will be glad to hear that. So will the gays.

Republican: The gays? What do they have to do with anything?

A: They picket American soldiers because they say this country tolerates gays living here.

Republican: Well that's terrible. They are picketing at the wrong place. They should be picketing hospitals that treat gays with AIDS and gay funerals. The message is good, it's just aimed at the wrong people.

A: So you think the anti gay message is OK?

Republican: Well, yea. God hates the gays. Besides, they want to destroy marriage and recruit children.

You are a one dimensional dumb ass.

Like I said, "Funny, when Republicans are confronted with their homophobia, they don't deny it. Instead, they attack. They call names. But they don't deny it."

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. You proved my point. Thanks.

"What Republican homophobia you hack? Phelps is a Democrat"?

You said:

Funny, when Republicans are confronted with their homophobia,

Republicans aren't being confronted with their homophobia. The public is being confronted with a Democrat's homophobia.

Just reading one sentence out of context didn't make much sense. But in context, it does:

I don't hate Republicans, I'm scared of them. Bush used the "gay card" twice to rile up his supporters. And he used the "terror card" to force Democratic support for the invasion of Iraq. This proves Republicans will do anything. How are those examples of "morals and values"?
Funny, when Republicans are confronted with their homophobia, they don't deny it. Instead, they attack. They call names. But they don't deny it.

Phelps is more vocal with his homophobia than Republicans, but that doesn't mean Republicans are less homophobic.

They don't want gays to adopt.

They don't want gays to have families.

They don't want hospital rights for gays.

They don't want inheritance rights for gays.

If they could criminalize gay sex they would.

The don't want gays to serve in the military.

They are against gays in all these things and more simply because of who gay people love. That is a fact that can't be denied.

You don't have to keep proving what I said.

It's like this:

A: What do you think about Fred Phelps picketing the funerals of fallen American Soldiers?

Republican: I think it's a disgrace. They should be run out of town.

A: The families of those soldiers will be glad to hear that. So will the gays.

Republican: The gays? What do they have to do with anything?

A: They picket American soldiers because they say this country tolerates gays living here.

Republican: Well that's terrible. They are picketing at the wrong place. They should be picketing hospitals that treat gays with AIDS and gay funerals. The message is good, it's just aimed at the wrong people.

A: So you think the anti gay message is OK?

Republican: Well, yea. God hates the gays. Besides, they want to destroy marriage and recruit children.

You are a one dimensional dumb ass.

Like I said, "Funny, when Republicans are confronted with their homophobia, they don't deny it. Instead, they attack. They call names. But they don't deny it."

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. You proved my point. Thanks.

Only you would see a statement of truth as an attack.

The guy's a piece of shit. He gets the same attention shit stains like Hannity do. You won't find any real Christians that support this trashbag. That would be like supporting Zona/WryCatheter/Chrissy/RightwingnutLoser/PI etc, etc, etc.

If any of y'all ever paid any real attention, Christians are more offended by this fuckup than you leftgoobs can possibly sensationalize. I hope he chokes on a ham sammich.
You mentioned my name and Hannity in a thread about Phelps?

Wow sir, you are an interesting man.

Phelps has a thing against gays. Which side is more tolerable to gays, dems or republicans? It is funny how the anger from the right is honed in on this guy when he disrespects the soldiers, but seem to not even mention the fact that this guy is not only against soldiers ,but against gays.

This particular time, they are against what they consider the devil.

I want to see this Phelps go to a soldier's funeral who has biker friends. Real bikers. The ones who don't care if they are sued. That would be comedy for me. Lets see if his version of God would protect him then.

The guy's a piece of shit. He gets the same attention shit stains like Hannity do. You won't find any real Christians that support this trashbag. That would be like supporting Zona/WryCatheter/Chrissy/RightwingnutLoser/PI etc, etc, etc.

If any of y'all ever paid any real attention, Christians are more offended by this fuckup than you leftgoobs can possibly sensationalize. I hope he chokes on a ham sammich.

Phelps has a thing against gays. Which side is more tolerable to gays, dems or republicans? It is funny how the anger from the right is honed in on this guy when he disrespects the soldiers, but seem to not even mention the fact that this guy is not only against soldiers ,but against gays.

I want to see this Phelps go to a soldier's funeral who has biker friends. Real bikers. The ones who don't care if they are sued. That would be comedy for me. Lets see if his version of God would protect him then.

But I think it goes a little further.

For sure, conservatives (or conservative Republicans) are angry because Phelps is disrespecting soldiers. But they are also angry because he is somehow connecting those soldiers to the gays.

For conservatives (or conservative Republicans), I'm not sure which is worse - disrespecting the soldiers or connecting them to the gays. For the right, both at once is excruciating.

Strategic diplomacy, while valued in our leaders at the national level, simply does not translate too well to the bottom rungs, does it? :eusa_eh:
If it is true that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," at least at present, then that present friend could potentially be a future ally. Hell, if we don't insult the shit out of them, we might even find out about more things we might have in common. What. a fucking.thought.

But I think it goes a little further.

For sure, conservatives (or conservative Republicans) are angry because Phelps is disrespecting soldiers. But they are also angry because he is somehow connecting those soldiers to the gays.

For conservatives (or conservative Republicans), I'm not sure which is worse - disrespecting the soldiers or connecting them to the gays. For the right, both at once is excruciating.

Moved on from Republicans to all conservatives now, huh?

Well this conservative doesn't give a flip about who people sleep with, as long as they are of age. I think the government has zero right to intrude on the affairs of two consenting adults breaking no laws.

Phelps is a disgrace to Christians, Americans, Democrats and the Human Race for nearly ALL of his views. And this includes his views about homosexuality.

Oops. Did I just shatter your stereotype? So sorry about that.

I guess I HAVE.

When? ~ N/M ~ Let Me Google That For You! lol

Yeah, I don't get out a lot.

Being a south Texican redback/wetneck, we aren't used to such thangs as TV.

(I avoid it, like the plague. My entertainment is what I'm looking at, this very moment ~ my computer.)

I'm a little afraid of TV, these days, 'cuz they lie, and I'll believe them, you know?

Here in the ether, I can look ALL OVER the place, find SCADS of info, and decide for myself.

But, damn. His death and that story are too sad.

The guy's a piece of shit.

The bitch in me would really like to be a fly on the wall when God confronts that asshole.

I don't hate Republicans, I'm scared of them. Bush used the "gay card" twice to rile up his supporters. And he used the "terror card" to force Democratic support for the invasion of Iraq. This proves Republicans will do anything. How are those examples of "morals and values"?
Funny, when Republicans are confronted with their homophobia, they don't deny it. Instead, they attack. They call names. But they don't deny it.

no Dean you hate Republicans....if you did not,you would distinguish between a Republican and the Right wingers .....but since you take what a right winger says and blanket ALL Republicans under the same Umbrella.....that shows me and no doubt EVERY ONE of your critics here....that you hate ANYONE to your Right or ANYONE who does not agree with your FAR-Left bullshit.....to you those people are all classified as REPUBLICANS........

Just reading one sentence out of context didn't make much sense. But in context, it does:

Phelps is more vocal with his homophobia than Republicans, but that doesn't mean Republicans are less homophobic.

They don't want gays to adopt.

They don't want gays to have families.

They don't want hospital rights for gays.

They don't want inheritance rights for gays.

If they could criminalize gay sex they would.

The don't want gays to serve in the military.

They are against gays in all these things and more simply because of who gay people love. That is a fact that can't be denied.

this is what i mean about you blanketing EVERY Republican with what one fucking idiot says....people who have your view Dean are just as detrimental to living things as is Fred Phelps....

no Dean you hate Republicans....if you did not,you would distinguish between a Republican and the Right wingers .....but since you take what a right winger says and blanket ALL Republicans under the same Umbrella.....that shows me and no doubt EVERY ONE of your critics here....that you hate ANYONE to your Right or ANYONE who does not agree with your FAR-Left bullshit.....to you those people are all classified as REPUBLICANS........

Fair enough. Can you give an example of a republican, not a right winger, but a republican. I mean a 2010 republican. I cant find one, but I know they are there. I can start at the top of your party, the RNC Chair. Is he not a right winger?

Forum List

Back