I don't think Fred Phelps has thought his cunning plan all the way through...

I would stand in the background and hold a sign like this.

GODHATESSPONGEBOB.jpg

It's like this:

A: What do you think about Fred Phelps picketing the funerals of fallen American Soldiers?

Republican: I think it's a disgrace. They should be run out of town.

A: The families of those soldiers will be glad to hear that. So will the gays.

Republican: The gays? What do they have to do with anything?

A: They picket American soldiers because they say this country tolerates gays living here.

Republican: Well that's terrible. They are picketing at the wrong place. They should be picketing hospitals that treat gays with AIDS and gay funerals. The message is good, it's just aimed at the wrong people.

A: So you think the anti gay message is OK?

Republican: Well, yea. God hates the gays. Besides, they want to destroy marriage and recruit children.
Dean....you would be on your knees sucking Fred off if you were in his presence....dont try to bullshit us....he hates Republicans just as much as you do....he is hero of yours ....

This has nothing to do with either politics or religion. WBC claims religion as a shield to run a scam, there's nothing else happening here. They choose the most inflammatory way of "protesting" possible hoping to provoke people to violence so they can sue. It's a souped up version of the fake slip and fall run by pussies who taunt the families of fallen soldiers then hide behind their little kids when somebody goes after them. BIG difference between what they're running and what you're claiming, rdean.

I have to respectfully disagree. I think it has everything to do with religion AND with politics.

If you are going to run a scam, there are better ways. My feeling is Fred Phelps, in his diseased mind, is doing what he thinks is "God's work".

Fred Phelps is sick and this is demonstrated by his fixation on gays.

Republicans are NOT angered over his anti gay rants, but by his desecration of the funerals of fallen American heroes.

And this has Republicans doubly mad. First, for insulting fallen soldiers and their families, second for connecting those fallen soldiers with the gays, however tenuous that connection is.

We know that gays are NOT welcome in the Republican party. Otherwise, Republican politicians would stop returning money given to them by the gay group, "Log Cabin Republicans".

So if Republicans are outraged by Fred Phelps for the disrespect he has shown American soldiers, fine, that's good. But for those that feign outrage because gays are being smeared, stop. No one believes it.

How much do you know about the Phelps clan? I didn't know much until recently, but if you look into it you see a pattern. Fred Phelps has a history of being a con artist long before he started WBC, and at least 2 of his sons followed right in Daddy's footsteps. Fake or provoke an assault, sue and collect - it's a pattern going way back. I'm sure something put the idea of these kinds of protests in his head, but make no mistake these people are NOT True Believers. It's just the latest and greatest scam in a line of cons.

Several members of the Fred Phelps "family" have left, including his son "Nate". I've watched many interviews and videos of Fred Phelps and seen interviews from his estranged son. While Fred's views are creepy and sick, no where do I get the sense they are a "scan". He truly believes what he says.

And, considering what his son has said, if it was a scam, his son would have exposed it by now. Instead, he has only verified Phelps extreme Christian nuttiness.

NatePhelpsPhoto.jpg

Nate Phelps Estranged Son Of Fred Phelps Speaks Out Publicly

April 26, 2009

Nate Phelps 2009 AA Speech
The Uncomfortable Grayness of Life
By Nathan Phelps
American Atheists Convention
Atlanta, GA

Nate Phelps Estranged Son Of Fred Phelps Speaks Out Publicly- Stopping The Hate News

Fred Phelps is a Democrat:

Fred Waldron Phelps, Sr. (born November 13, 1929) is an American pastor who is the founder of the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC), an independent Baptist church based in Topeka, Kansas, which is notorious for its anti-gay protests, claiming that most natural disasters and terrorist attacks are God's punishment for a society that tolerates homosexuality.[1][2] The church is monitored as a hate group by the Anti-Defamation League and Southern Poverty Law Center.[3][4][5] Phelps is a disbarred lawyer, founder of the Phelps Chartered law firm, a past civil rights activist in Kansas, and a Democrat who has five times been a candidate for political office in Kansas Democratic Party primaries. He and his daughter, Shirley Phelps-Roper, are banned from entering the United Kingdom.[6]

Fred Phelps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, do I think all, most or even a large number of Democrats are like this looney tune? Hell no. But since rdean wanted to get all political with this whacko, saying that Republicans support his anti-gay views, I thought I would inject a little fact into the discussion.

He's one of yours rdean. Live with it.

It's like this:

A: What do you think about Fred Phelps picketing the funerals of fallen American Soldiers?

A: They picket American soldiers because they say this country tolerates gays living here.

Republican: Well that's terrible. They are picketing at the wrong place. They should be picketing hospitals that treat gays with AIDS and gay funerals. The message is good, it's just aimed at the wrong people.

Republican: Well, yea. God hates the gays. Besides, they want to destroy marriage and recruit children.
Dean....you would be on your knees sucking Fred off if you were in his presence....dont try to bullshit us....he hates Republicans just as much as you do....he is hero of yours ....

You're so nasty.

I don't hate Republicans, I'm scared of them. Bush used the "gay card" twice to rile up his supporters. And he used the "terror card" to force Democratic support for the invasion of Iraq. This proves Republicans will do anything. How are those examples of "morals and values"?
Funny, when Republicans are confronted with their homophobia, they don't deny it. Instead, they attack. They call names. But they don't deny it.

It's like this:

You're so nasty.

I don't hate Republicans, I'm scared of them. Bush used the "gay card" twice to rile up his supporters. And he used the "terror card" to force Democratic support for the invasion of Iraq. This proves Republicans will do anything. How are those examples of "morals and values"?
Funny, when Republicans are confronted with their homophobia, they don't deny it. Instead, they attack. They call names. But they don't deny it.

What Republican homophobia you hack? Phelps is a Democrat.

Fred Waldron Phelps, Sr. (born November 13, 1929) is an American pastor who is the founder of the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC), an independent Baptist church based in Topeka, Kansas, which is notorious for its anti-gay protests, claiming that most natural disasters and terrorist attacks are God's punishment for a society that tolerates homosexuality.[1][2] The church is monitored as a hate group by the Anti-Defamation League and Southern Poverty Law Center.[3][4][5] Phelps is a disbarred lawyer, founder of the Phelps Chartered law firm, a past civil rights activist in Kansas, and a Democrat who has five times been a candidate for political office in Kansas Democratic Party primaries. He and his daughter, Shirley Phelps-Roper, are banned from entering the United Kingdom.[6]

Now, do I think all, most or even a large number of Democrats are like this looney tune? Hell no. But since rdean wanted to get all political with this whacko, saying that Republicans support his anti-gay views, I thought I would inject a little fact into the discussion.

He is as much a Democrat as Timothy McVeigh is a Republican.

Except no Democrats sympathize with Phelps.

Still no denial that Republicans don't support his anti gay views. And there won't be, because it can't be denied.

Republicans should just say, "He would get more support if he moved his anti gay rants to another venue", and leave it at that.

You're so nasty.

I never said Phelps was a Republican, ever. But his anti gay views are shared by a great many Republicans. You know that to be true.

I don't think Phelps is a Democrat anymore than bin Laden is a Muslim. They're leeches to a label. At some point, craziness transcends ideology. The WBC and al-Quada are both beyond that point.

It's like this:

Bull Shit.

Still no denial that Republicans don't support his anti gay views. And there won't be, because it can't be denied.

Republicans should just say, "He would get more support if he moved his anti gay rants to another venue", and leave it at that.

Republicans do not support his anti-gay views.

Happy?

You're so nasty.

I never said Phelps was a Republican, ever. But his anti gay views are shared by a great many Republicans. You know that to be true.

Never said you did. Go back and read again.

Happy?

They don't? You sure? Or do you mean Republicans have "different" anti gay views?

"What Republican homophobia you hack? Phelps is a Democrat"?

You said:

Funny, when Republicans are confronted with their homophobia,

Republicans aren't being confronted with their homophobia. The public is being confronted with a Democrat's homophobia.

Happy?

They don't? You sure? Or do you mean Republicans have "different" anti gay views?

I mean that characterizing a major political party on the actions of a few is kinda stupid. Which is why you don't see me running around going "OMZG!! Phelps is a Democrat, so ALL Democrats are whacky-loony tune assholes".

You, however, are a complete partisan hack. So you like to paint with broad brush generalizations, build strawmen, use logical fallacies etc. Everyone with common sense, liberal or conservative, sees this. This is why you will not be taken seriously. Ever. By anyone.

Just thought you would like to know. :thup:

Happy?

I mean that characterizing a major political party on the actions of a few is kinda stupid. Which is why you don't see me running around going "OMZG!! Phelps is a Democrat, so ALL Democrats are whacky-loony tune assholes".

You, however, are a complete partisan hack. So you like to paint with broad brush generalizations, build strawmen, use logical fallacies etc. Everyone with common sense, liberal or conservative, sees this. This is why you will not be taken seriously. Ever. By anyone.

So you agree, Republicans have "different" anti gay views.

So you agree, Republicans have "different" anti gay views.

There you go again with that strawman logical fallacy thing I was talking about...

It's like this:

You are a one dimensional dumb ass.

"What Republican homophobia you hack? Phelps is a Democrat"?

You said:

Funny, when Republicans are confronted with their homophobia,

Republicans aren't being confronted with their homophobia. The public is being confronted with a Democrat's homophobia.

Just reading one sentence out of context didn't make much sense. But in context, it does:

Phelps is more vocal with his homophobia than Republicans, but that doesn't mean Republicans are less homophobic.

They don't want gays to adopt.

They don't want gays to have families.

They don't want hospital rights for gays.

They don't want inheritance rights for gays.

If they could criminalize gay sex they would.

The don't want gays to serve in the military.

They are against gays in all these things and more simply because of who gay people love. That is a fact that can't be denied.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back