I Don't Like Sarah Palin

I'm sorry but Palin didn't hurt the ticket nearly as much as McCain's embracing of the TARP proposal. In fact until McCain signed on to the TARP deal McCain/Palin was gaining ground almost daily.

I never liked her politics, but I lost all respect for her when she used her tard-baby as a political prop.

Just sayin... :eusa_whistle:

Perhaps she should have hidden her child away so you wouldn't be offended.

It was pretty obvious when she held him at the convention that she doesn't have much to do with him. I've never seen a mother of 5 look that uncomfortable with a baby in my life. So yes, I consider that to be akin to a prop.

Why don't you explain what made that so obvious since you are so brilliant and obviously have personal experience as the center of attention in a public venue like that. I can't wait to hear this.

It was pretty obvious when she held him at the convention that she doesn't have much to do with him. I've never seen a mother of 5 look that uncomfortable with a baby in my life. So yes, I consider that to be akin to a prop.

Why don't you explain what made that so obvious since you are so brilliant and obviously have personal experience as the center of attention in a public venue like that. I can't wait to hear this.

It was obvious to me. But then again I was watching with an objective mind and experience with babies.

I never liked her politics, but I lost all respect for her when she used her tard-baby as a political prop.

Just sayin... :eusa_whistle:

It is indeed a strange and bizarre perception that you are having. But possibly I'm not as perceptive as you are, having only two children. And so I'd lover to hear from the other female board members who also saw an aloofness, a distance between Sarah Palin and her baby.

It was obvious to me. But then again I was watching with an objective mind and experience with babies.

It wasn't obvious to me, but what do I as a single parent know?

No, I asked the original poster.

I happen to believe Democrats are afraid of her or would not waste their time smearing her.

It is indeed a strange and bizarre perception that you are having. But possibly I'm not as perceptive as you are, having only two children. And so I'd lover to hear from the other female board members who also saw an aloofness, a distance between Sarah Palin and her baby.

My wife noticed it first. I wasn't paying close enough attention at first, but then we backed up the dvr and sure enough, it was unmistakable.

My wife noticed it first. I wasn't paying close enough attention at first, but then we backed up the dvr and sure enough, it was unmistakable.

You still haven't explained how/what she did. Come on Mr Observant, explain it, don't just claim it.

Shit, according to you it's only a "tard-baby", who is going to hurt?

Last edited:
I'm sorry but Palin didn't hurt the ticket nearly as much as McCain's embracing of the TARP proposal. In fact until McCain signed on to the TARP deal McCain/Palin was gaining ground almost daily.

McCain peaked shortly after the GOP convention and started sliding then. It was expected he would peak around the convention.

If you had four, like I do, you would find the division of your time and focus and attention are unavoidable. Which is not to cast aspersions on the love for the youngest. And yeah, it's temting to make a handoff to an older child once in a while.

That does change over time. It's not the same as the first, but you sort of reinvent the specialness of it. You have different sets of first [blank] you pay attention to.

McCain's problem was neither Tarp nor Palin. It was the fact that Obama, having refused public financing, massively outspent him. Had McCain been able to match him dollar for dollar, he might well have won. To date, Obama's destruction of the public financing system remains his signature contribution to American politics.

If you had four, like I do, you would find the division of your time and focus and attention are unavoidable. Which is not to cast aspersions on the love for the youngest. And yeah, it's temting to make a handoff to an older child once in a while.

That does change over time. It's not the same as the first, but you sort of reinvent the specialness of it. You have different sets of first [blank] you pay attention to.

But, but, it was a "tard-baby", that's different.

You still haven't explained how/what she did. Come on Mr Observant, explain it, don't just claim it.

Lucky for me I possess the wisdom to know what I cannot change, such as your closed mind. I'd be a fool to try... and I'm no fool. I just play one on the internet.

Lucky for me I possess the wisdom to know what I cannot change, such as your closed mind. I'd be a fool to try... and I'm no fool. I just play one on the internet.

My closed mind?
You are the one calling babies with downs syndrome "tard-baby", and I have a closed mind.
I wouldn't call that wise at all.

My closed mind?

Don't sell yourself short, your mind is closed up tighter than an elephant's ass in fly season. And that was well established loooooong before this particular conversation.

Why don't you quote my complete post, here it is for you,

My closed mind?
You are the one calling babies with downs syndrome "tard-baby", and I have a closed mind.
I wouldn't call that wise at all.

Oh, and by the way, in my first post I said Ms Palin wasn't presidential material, was that closed minded of me?

Yet mcCain was gaining ground after the Republican convention almost everyday until TARP.

Sorry, that is really not the case. Here are all the national polls.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

McCain suspended his campaign on September 24 to go back to Washington. As you can see, he peaked in the first two weeks after the convention. In the week before he suspended his campaign, Obama had already retaken the lead in polls conducted a few days beforehand. In fact, in the last poll he was leading, it was taken during when he suspended his campaign.

I would agree that McCain suspending his campaign probably hurt him but the tide was turning before then as polls were already reverting to the pre-convention trends.

McCain's polling pattern was similar to John Kerry, who got a post-convention bounce after trailing before the Democrat convention, which he then lost a few weeks later. Its not an unusual pattern.

Last edited:
Yet mcCain was gaining ground after the Republican convention almost everyday until TARP.

McCain's problem with TARP was not the few conservatives who decided not to vote for him because he voted for the bill, it was that he seemed unsure of himself as compared to Obama and that he was condemned for his request that they stop the campaign while dealing with the bill, and that he didn't have the money to repair his image after these blunders. McCain was so short of money that he was unable to challenge Obama in close blue states and even unable to defend against Obama in close red states. If Obama had accepted public financing, it is likely McCain would be president today.

Forum List

Back