"I don't like blacks because..."

It means mainlander in hawaiian speak, sunni. I.E.....white. It is not a nice word. Or rather..one they use in a nice so nice meaning.
I had a friend who went to high school in Hawaii.

He was one of the few white kids in the school and was constantly called a haole by the other students.

He told me that the hawaiian kids were very prejudiced against whites and he got into a lot of fights. .. :cool:

I know a couple of nurses who went there on a travel assignment. Ditto their experience. Of course it more than OK for a brown person to dislike a white person based on their color. It is stellar!

I don't see a problem with what the polynesian stated. In HIS opinion, in HIS experience, he has issue with blacks. So what? They DID gangbang him right there on that panel, which in MY opinion, is goosestepping to keep up with being PC.
Gracie, I think you're spot on and I agree completely!

What we saw in the video was in fact an impromptu group therapy session which if properly guided could have an extremely constructive effect on those participants, most of whom are clearly brainwashed by generations of inculcated political correctness and seem to think the Polynesian is violating some law. Rather than attacking his honesty their response to it logically should be to ask him why he doesn't like Blacks. Instead, it seems rather obvious no one was interested in hearing that question answered.

And I really would like to ask the indignant Black fellow if he knows any Blacks who don't like Whites.

There are blacks who don't like whites? Color me SHOCKED!!!!!

So I assume this guy is no Obama voter .....Ahhhaaa

Last edited:
What did he say that wasn't true? What I find Offensive is the attack on him for stating his beliefs and defending them. He was asked a question and he answered it. That panel had no business ganging up on him.

Last I checked we are free to have our own opinions and free to express them. And the dude that went on about it being offensive, he did not refute anything that was said.

Uh, if he has a right to say what he thinks, the rest of the panel has a right to say what they think. That there were more of them than him doesn't indicate they ganged up on him but that the majority of people in the US would not agree with him.

What did he say that wasn't true? What I find Offensive is the attack on him for stating his beliefs and defending them. He was asked a question and he answered it. That panel had no business ganging up on him.

Last I checked we are free to have our own opinions and free to express them. And the dude that went on about it being offensive, he did not refute anything that was said.

Uh, if he has a right to say what he thinks, the rest of the panel has a right to say what they think. That there were more of them than him doesn't indicate they ganged up on him but that the majority of people in the US would not agree with him.
I think the majority do agree with him, thats why the majority of people avoid blacks

White flight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no such thing as ‘politically correct,’ it’s a myth contrived by the right.

[...]
I am not a right-winger. But I respectfully suggest we saw a textbook example of political correctness in the topic video occurring in the form of strong rebuke of a fellow for doing nothing more than honestly and openly expressing an ethnic bias. The proper response to that fellow's declaration would be to ask why he feels the way does. Instead he was pounced upon and derided for his honesty.

That kind of group behavior occurring repeatedly over time will have a conditioning (brainwash) effect on the retentively suggestible mentality, which includes the majority of Americans. Most people prefer to conform with rather than oppose what appears to be a majority.

You don’t understand.

There is no ‘political correctness’ because private citizens admonishing the inappropriate behavior of other private citizens, absent sanctions by the state or the courts, is neither ‘political’ nor legally ‘corrective.’

Before the advent of civilization human societies functioned in accordance with established and accepted norms of conduct, necessary because there indeed were no governments, courts, or religious institutions.

Members of human societies abiding by these established and accepted norms of conduct is the oldest form of governance, and the most desirable.

Ideally, the state and the courts should be the last venue of societal dispute; private citizens who engage in speech or behavior understood to be inappropriate by private society in general should be prepared to suffer the consequences of that inappropriate behavior.

Legally and Constitutionally the citizen is at liberty to express his racist attitudes free from punitive measures by the state or courts in the context of the public sector; in the private sector, however, no such ‘right’ exists, as Constitutional prohibitions apply only to government entities.

The irony of this, of course, is it reflects conservative jurisprudence, where disputes should first be resolved through the democratic process, as opposed to citizens dashing to the nearest Federal court to file a complaint whenever someone believes they’ve been ‘discriminated against.’ The conservative myth of ‘political correctness’ conflicts with this jurisprudence, where conservatives complain that private citizens admonishing those who engage in inappropriate speech amounts to ‘censorship,’ when in fact it does not.

Incorrect.

In fact, it was indeed the business of the members of the panel to admonish him for his inappropriate speech, in accordance with established and accepted norms of society. The members of the panel belong to no government entity or recognized court.

And citizens are free to have their own opinions and are free to express them – free from interference by the state, not from other private citizens.

I think the Polynesian guy really miscalculated. He's been living in an area of the country for a long time where saying, out loud, what he said is accepted, and before that he didn't live in on the mainland. He didn't realize he would be so censured for saying what he said. It isn't political correctness, I agree. As Clayton has pointed out, it is a matter of what is considered, by the majority, to be socially acceptable in our society. It is also, of course racist to say you don't like someone because of their skin color because other people who are also black have behaved badly. It's no different when a European who has mainly dealt with American tourists behaving like buffoons saying they don't like all Americans. It's stereotyping, and if that stereotyping is based on race, it's racist.

What the hell does that mean? Are you kidding me?

I'm hispanic. Do you think I feel 'entitled' too? Do you think I'm going to wake up early tomorrow to mow a couple of lawns and then go pick up my welfare check?

Well..I dunno about mowing my lawn..I like to do that myself with the weedeater. And I don't know about the welfare check either....but I get foodstamps to help me and the Mister out cuz we are poor....so if I buy the ingredients, will you fix me a killer mexican dinner? Will ya, huh? Since you are mexican, you MUST know how to make some great tacos. :lol:

(Just to lighten the mood. No offense intended and I hope you take it in the content I aimed at). Hugs.

None taken Ms. Gracie. I'm not Mexican but I DO make a hell of a burrito. Maybe one day I'll share my recipe :lol:

Attachments

• $mexicanfood.jpg
    $mexicanfood.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 68
I don't dislike black people. I've always lived in major multicultural cities so I have a long history with black people. In the past, I would rather live among black people than white people. That history keeps me away from making blanket generalizations about black people. High Gravity is one I hold in high esteem. He reminds me of my nephew who is biracial.

This does not mean that that I extend the same level of trust to black people today that I once did. That would be foolish. My personal history has been tainted by some pretty crazy black people. I now hang back and wait to see if this person is going to wig out or not.

Not so with mexicans. This is California and I have lived among mexicans since 1959. They spent a good many years teaching me to despise them. Yet, it bears mention. I have never met a mexican that I did not personally like. From judges to gang bangers, I have found mexicans personally likeable and pleasant. No matter how bad the gang banger might be. This leads to the conclusion that mexicans are a lot like cats. I love cats. Even the most feral cat has something lovable about them and who could possibly resist a kitten's charm? Despite that, if you live in or near a cat colony, you are in a world of damage. That's what mexicans are like and for the most part, it's extended to hispanics generally. They form communities much like cat colonies.

It's not that white people don't like blacks, I think they're just mad at their ancestors for not freeing them and sending them back to Africa.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IMSZnjR1ys]Family Feud - Racist Moment - YouTube[/ame]

It's not that white people don't like blacks, I think they're just mad at their ancestors for not freeing them and sending them back to Africa.

That's what Lincoln intended to do. Had he not been assassinated, after the Civil War was won, repatriation was next.

Uh, if he has a right to say what he thinks, the rest of the panel has a right to say what they think.
Of course they have an equal right to express their opinions. That right is not challenged. The issue is the manner in which they responded to the Polynesian's candid but calm and matter-of-fact declaration.

The one girl reacted as if he'd said he likes to molest children. And the Black fellow became almost ghetto confrontational. When all that was called for was a calm, civil, hopefully constructive Q&A on the Polynesian's disposition toward Blacks -- which he has a right to hold.

That there were more of them than him doesn't indicate they ganged up on him but that the majority of people in the US would not agree with him.
I think they did metaphorically gang up on him by offhandedly denouncing his position without the courtesy of examining its validity. What they said to him in effect was, you are wrong! Period.

As for the "majority of people in the U.S." not agreeing with him; do you mean openly or in the depth of their being? Because as an old White man who knows and has known many other White people, let me assure you that while a significant percentage of those Whites who will openly claim to be racially unbiased might have convinced themselves it's true, the fact is it isn't. They aren't lying. They simply have conformed with the current trend and have adopted a disposition which government policy, the media, and Madison Avenue have convinced them is politically correct.

They also believe in American Exceptionalism.

Forum List

Back