Michael Dunn prison letters

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
In his own words: Prison letters from Michael Dunn | www.wokv.com

So. He's the only non-thug in jail, apparently. What with him being white n'all.

Okies.

Many of the letters also accuse the media of bias, saying they are misreporting the facts of his case. In one letter he tells his grandmother that there are so many outright lies in the media and asks her not to believe that he is the monster they make him out to be.

In another letter to an unknown recipient, he writes, "As you can imagine, I'm not getting much sympathy from the press. The're (sic) a bunch of liberal b*****s." He goes on to say "North Florida is more like the Deep South. They seem to have a lot of racial guilt, or at least the prosecutor's office does."

He also lashes out at the State Attorney's Office for playing legal games and trying to bury him in fees. He accuses them and the courts of being racially biased.

"It's spooky how racist everyone is up here and how biased toward blacks the courts are. This jail is full of blacks and they all act like thugs," he notes. He goes on to say "This may sound a bit radical but if more people would arm themselves and kill these **** idiots when they're threatening you, eventually they may take the hint and change their behavior,"

One letter to his girlfriend discusses plans to move out west when he gets out so he can put all this behind him and move on with his life. He notes that he's not worried about the outcome of his trial because "I have truth and the law on my side." He says fortunately someone made a 9-1-1 call that he believes will exonerate him. In one letter he does express concern about the potential makeup of the jury in his upcoming trial.
"My fear is that if I get black on my jury it will be a mistrial, as I am convinced they will be racially biased," he writes.

You know? I'm really starting to get the impression that, at least in this country, any time a black man dies at a white man's hands, it is justified.

• Banned
Jordan Davis update: Michael Dunn charged with first-degree murder, trial scheduled for September 23

But now, it's pushed back to next year.

Dunn, 46, opened fire on a Dodge Durango with four teenagers inside after a dispute over their loud music at a Southside Boulevard gas station in November, according to his arrest report. Jordan was the only one hit. Dunn told police he thought he saw gun.

He is charged with first-degree murder and three counts of attempted murder.

Jordan’s mother, Lucia McBath, has been at every hearing and Ron Davis has been to all but one. McBath, who lives near Atlanta, said it continues to be emotionally trying to fly to Jacksonville and see the man who shot her son.

She said she has tried to feel compassion for Dunn but feels he has no remorse, McBath said.

“I feel disbelief that a father with children could do this,” McBath said.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: Murder trial in Jordan Davis killing delayed until next year | jacksonville.com

Forum List

Back