I Don't Hate Babies

OldLady

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2015
I don't hate babies

I believe in women's right to choose whether to carry on with a pregnancy, but not because I hate babies. Actually, I'm pro-choice because I AM thinking of the babies.

When a women knows that she is not in a position to bring a child into this world, cannot give it the security and support it deserves, either financially or emotionally, why force that potential life to fruition? To me, that seems the responsible decision, and no one I know who has made that choice found it easy. I don't believe we need to bring unwanted children into this world any longer. It's the baby that suffers for being unwanted or born to parents unprepared/unable to care for it. Until the fetus is able to survive outside the womb, it is not a "baby," although us moms start emotionally bonding with the life in our bellies as soon as we discover we're pregnant.

Third trimester abortions? I'm not so sure about that unless the mother is going to die, because we can frequently save premies. Not always, and not always without serious complications, but sometimes.
Birth control is better than abortion. Those who want to shut down Planned Parenthood are making a huge mistake, imo, since PP helps prevent abortion through birth control for women.

Groups that help potential moms get the support they need to care for the baby or put it up for adoption, bless them. But they can't possibly handle them all.

If I'm a baby killer for my beliefs, it's euthanasia, not murder.

I am pro-choice. There are many reasons why.
Not to mention it is a form of population control. And 90% of aborted fetuses would come up having a mother that doesn't want them, cant afford them, or something worse.

Where is this "Womans' Right to Choose"? I haven't seen it written anywhere and please don't use that old "It's in the Privacy Clause" excuse.

Where is this "Womans' Right to Choose"? I haven't seen it written anywhere and please don't use that old "It's in the Privacy Clause" excuse.
If Roe v Wade doesn't float your boat, discuss it with the Supreme Court.

I don't buy the argument that it's better to kill an unborn child if he/she might face difficulties in life.
There are far too many who grew up in desperate circumstances who prospered later in life for me to accept that they would have been better off not even having a chance at life. A logical extension to the idea would be to kill homeless teenagers who are not wanted at home and who face a few short years of misery on the streets before dying a horrible death, sick, alone and unloved. Underage girls forced into prostitution face untold horrors. Would it not be more merciful to quietly round them up and do away with them? I just don't buy it.

Jack Nicholson, for one example, would not have given the world his art had his mother adopted that attitude.

I am pro using protection and contraception if you do not want a baby , HIV, or any of the many VD's.

If your church and religious upbringing can't keep you from having an unwanted pregnancy, who says the Gov. can. Oh I see Jesus is forgiving, so we need a law that also prohibits abortions. Abortions should not be necessary in this day and age.

I am pro using protection and contraception if you do not want a baby , HIV, or any of the many VD's.

If your church and religious upbringing can't keep you from having an unwanted pregnancy, who says the Gov. can. Oh I see Jesus is forgiving, so we need a law that also prohibits abortions. Abortions should not be necessary in this day and age.
Abortions will always be necessary, as long as women can still get pregnant. It's the unnecessary ones that should be as few as possible. For that you have to teach kids about sex, and make access to BC as easy as possible which the Want the Baby but not the sex or the bill for it crowd doesn't approve of.

Abortions will always be necessary, as long as women can still get pregnant. It's the unnecessary ones that should be as few as possible.

What would a necessary abortion be?

I am pro-choice. There are many reasons why.
Not to mention it is a form of population control. And 90% of aborted fetuses would come up having a mother that doesn't want them, cant afford them, or something worse.

I would be personally considered in favor of most abortion rights. I would not vote for a ban before the 2nd trimester ends, and any regulation on 3rd trimester abortions would have to allow them for serious health issues to the mother. However I don't think insurance companies should be forced to cover non-therapeutic abortions, but they could do so if they choose. Finally, if the person wanting it is under 18, a parent or a judge has to at least be informed of it.

That being said, I detest Roe V Wade as a decision, because it basically created a right out of thin air. I wouldn't vote to ban abortions, but if Mississippi wanted to do it, I don't see anything in the Constitution that stops them.

Abortions will always be necessary, as long as women can still get pregnant. It's the unnecessary ones that should be as few as possible.

"The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists issued a statement saying: "Abortions are necessary in a number of circumstances to save the life of a woman or to preserve her health. Unfortunately, pregnancy is not a risk-free life event."

Conditions that might lead to ending a pregnancy to save a woman's life include severe infections, heart failure and severe cases of preeclampsia, a condition in which a woman develops very high blood pressure and is at risk for stroke, says Erika Levi, a obstetrician and gynecologist at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.

"There are certain cases where ending the pregnancy is the only option, cases where it would be putting the mother's life at risk to continue the pregnancy," she says."
Doctors say abortions do sometimes save women's lives

I don't buy the argument that it's better to kill an unborn child if he/she might face difficulties in life.
There are far too many who grew up in desperate circumstances who prospered later in life for me to accept that they would have been better off not even having a chance at life. A logical extension to the idea would be to kill homeless teenagers who are not wanted at home and who face a few short years of misery on the streets before dying a horrible death, sick, alone and unloved. Underage girls forced into prostitution face untold horrors. Would it not be more merciful to quietly round them up and do away with them? I just don't buy it.

Jack Nicholson, for one example, would not have given the world his art had his mother adopted that attitude.
We have a couple hundred thousand foster kids right now. How many do you think will prosper in adulthood?

Call it Natural Law. What can only survive by you can also be killed by you.
Your answer is PROOF that you don't even know what Natural Law IS. Joe Biden doesn't agree with you either. Try again.
Blackstone’s Natural Law Not OK According to V.P. Biden
Natural Law does not exist, but I thought you might want to think through why what is biologically a parasite can't be killed by its host?

"The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists issued a statement saying: "Abortions are necessary in a number of circumstances to save the life of a woman or to preserve her health. Unfortunately, pregnancy is not a risk-free life event."

Conditions that might lead to ending a pregnancy to save a woman's life include severe infections, heart failure and severe cases of preeclampsia, a condition in which a woman develops very high blood pressure and is at risk for stroke, says Erika Levi, a obstetrician and gynecologist at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.

"There are certain cases where ending the pregnancy is the only option, cases where it would be putting the mother's life at risk to continue the pregnancy," she says."

True there are , but those are mainly emergency conditions and are not like walking into a abortion clinic and saying , I want an abortion. Most time life saving abortions are not wanted abortions.

True there are , but those are mainly emergency conditions and are not like walking into a abortion clinic and saying , I want an abortion. Most time life saving abortions are not wanted abortions.
That changes things, and what I said, not at all.

Last edited:

That's changes things, and what I said, not at all.

Oh ok, the unnecessary ones, right, sorry.:)

Forum List

Back