I Don't Hate Babies

699cc.png

I don't buy the argument that it's better to kill an unborn child if he/she might face difficulties in life.
There are far too many who grew up in desperate circumstances who prospered later in life for me to accept that they would have been better off not even having a chance at life. A logical extension to the idea would be to kill homeless teenagers who are not wanted at home and who face a few short years of misery on the streets before dying a horrible death, sick, alone and unloved. Underage girls forced into prostitution face untold horrors. Would it not be more merciful to quietly round them up and do away with them? I just don't buy it.

Jack Nicholson, for one example, would not have given the world his art had his mother adopted that attitude.
We have a couple hundred thousand foster kids right now. How many do you think will prosper in adulthood?
I only know that NONE would had they all been aborted before they could be born. Aborting them is easier on US, and I think that drives the decision far more often than any faux concern about the life a child may lead.

Not even close to true, especially since most conceptions never live to see the light of day, even without induced abortion.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? That is the face of a child.
It has to do with the fact that you overvalue conceptions (and all other stages of development) while nature (and rational people) do not.
I value human life at all stages, and why do I care what animals do? If you want to kill those who are inconvenient to you, that's your problem.

Not even close to true, especially since most conceptions never live to see the light of day, even without induced abortion.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? That is the face of a child.
It has to do with the fact that you overvalue conceptions (and all other stages of development) while nature (and rational people) do not.
I value human life at all stages, and why do I care what animals do? If you want to kill those who are inconvenient to you, that's your problem.
Humans are animals. just rather smart ones. Now you know.

And there is no right to life, certainly nature doesn't acknowledge one.

Actually, there is, encoded in the Constitution. There is not in there, however, a right to privacy, on which abortion is based.

Actually, there is, encoded in the Constitution. There is not in there, however, a right to privacy, on which abortion is based.
The Right to Privacy is in the Bill of Rights, such as it is. There's no abortion there, you are correct, and it was also perfectly legal at the time.

I am pro using protection and contraception if you do not want a baby , HIV, or any of the many VD's.

If your church and religious upbringing can't keep you from having an unwanted pregnancy, who says the Gov. can. Oh I see Jesus is forgiving, so we need a law that also prohibits abortions. Abortions should not be necessary in this day and age.
Abortions will always be necessary, as long as women can still get pregnant. It's the unnecessary ones that should be as few as possible.

What would a necessary abortion be?

An ectopic pregnancy.

There are only 2 outcomes to an ectopic pregnancy.

1. The abortion is performed and the woman lives.

2. The abortion isn't performed and the woman dies.

Then there's life threatening cancers that the woman gets. If she doesn't treat the cancer she will die. If she dies, so does the fetus. So no matter what's done, the fetus will die. There's no reason to force the woman to die too.

Then there's Anencephaly.

That's where the fetus has no brain or parts of the skull. The fetus won't live outside the womb.

Then there's severe Spina Bifida.

The fetus won't live outside the womb.

There are many conditions that make abortion necessary. Just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they don't exist.

I guess you believe a woman should die because her pregnancy goes wrong.

Shame on you.

I am pro using protection and contraception if you do not want a baby , HIV, or any of the many VD's.

If your church and religious upbringing can't keep you from having an unwanted pregnancy, who says the Gov. can. Oh I see Jesus is forgiving, so we need a law that also prohibits abortions. Abortions should not be necessary in this day and age.
Abortions will always be necessary, as long as women can still get pregnant. It's the unnecessary ones that should be as few as possible.

My grandmother had some sort muscular degenerative disease and after bearing six children, the doctor told her she'd die if she had another baby. He tied her tubes but, unfortunately, they came untied six years later and she got pregnant with my mother. She would not have an abortion, and the doctor was right. My mother was born, premature, and her mother died. So yes, I wouldn't be here if she had the abortion, but who cares?

An ectopic pregnancy.

There are only 2 outcomes to an ectopic pregnancy.

1. The abortion is performed and the woman lives.

2. The abortion isn't performed and the woman dies.

Then there's life threatening cancers that the woman gets. If she doesn't treat the cancer she will die. If she dies, so does the fetus. So no matter what's done, the fetus will die. There's no reason to force the woman to die too.

Then there's Anencephaly.

That's where the fetus has no brain or parts of the skull. The fetus won't live outside the womb.

Then there's severe Spina Bifida.

The fetus won't live outside the womb.

There are many conditions that make abortion necessary. Just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they don't exist.

I guess you believe a woman should die because her pregnancy goes wrong.

Shame on you.

I don't consider those elective abortions, big difference, and some women do chose to take the chance of dying. Some women get pregnant even while knowing they might have issues. I am talking elective abortions.

My grandmother had some sort muscular degenerative disease and after bearing six children, the doctor told her she'd die if she had another baby. He tied her tubes but, unfortunately, they came untied six years later and she got pregnant with my mother. She would not have an abortion, and the doctor was right. My mother was born, premature, and her mother died. So yes, I wouldn't be here if she had the abortion, but who cares?

Case in point, but your Mother made the choice. Sounds like she was married as well. Your Mom cared.

I don't buy the argument that it's better to kill an unborn child if he/she might face difficulties in life.
There are far too many who grew up in desperate circumstances who prospered later in life for me to accept that they would have been better off not even having a chance at life. A logical extension to the idea would be to kill homeless teenagers who are not wanted at home and who face a few short years of misery on the streets before dying a horrible death, sick, alone and unloved. Underage girls forced into prostitution face untold horrors. Would it not be more merciful to quietly round them up and do away with them? I just don't buy it.

Jack Nicholson, for one example, would not have given the world his art had his mother adopted that attitude.
We have a couple hundred thousand foster kids right now. How many do you think will prosper in adulthood?
I only know that NONE would had they all been aborted before they could be born. Aborting them is easier on US, and I think that drives the decision far more often than any faux concern about the life a child may lead.
I'm not sure it's that easy a decision. It wasn't for anyone I've known who had one. I don't think we should jump to that conclusion.

I'm not sure it's that easy a decision. It wasn't for anyone I've known who had one. I don't think we should jump to that conclusion.
I'm sure it's NOT an easy decision, but I am equally sure that most abortions are done more for the convenience of the mother than out of concern for the life of the child.

Forum List

Back