I don't believe this but...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
I know a popular conspiracy theory is stuff about the supposed FEMA camps popping up all over. And today the first 2 Americans with Ebola arrived on US soil. Connection? :)

Why did they bring this guy back? That has been bugging me, too. And another one is on her way as well. Why can't they treat them there? Nothing like putting the USA at risk.

I know a popular conspiracy theory is stuff about the supposed FEMA camps popping up all over. And today the first 2 Americans with Ebola arrived on US soil. Connection? :)

FEMA camps for those infected with Ebola?
Nahhhhhhhhh…..
More Welfare/free housing for lazy-assed Libberhoids…..

Unlikely. Ebola is difficult to catch. It requires exposure to bodily fluids. A patient is only contagious for about 10 days. And its not even airborne.

As plagues go, its pretty lame.

Why did they bring this guy back? That has been bugging me, too. And another one is on her way as well. Why can't they treat them there? Nothing like putting the USA at risk.

Likely because Ebola's survivability is based largely on treatment. We can give better treatment in the US than in the parts of Africa they were pulled from. And we take care of our own. All indications are that the patient is improving. Which is what we were hoping for.

And because Ebola isn't particularly good at transmitting itself to a new host. We go years without any ebola cases for exactly this reason. Plus, this guy is on level 4 bio hazard quarantine. Making the likelihood of transmission essentially zero.

And finally, because the CDC will get a first hand view of an infection in laboratory conditions. Increasing their knowledge of the virus and making an eventual vaccine more likely.

So the reward for the individual patient and future patients is high. And the risk to everyone else is essentially zero.

Yes, definitely a connection.

The connection being that any world event can be linked to a conspiracy theory by anyone determined to have more evidence of their conspiracy theories, regardless of how tenuous the logic proves to be.

You do know that usually everything before the word "but" is BS.

Any way what connection are you making to bring a man back to try and save his life and FEMA camps?

Likely because Ebola's survivability is based largely on treatment. We can give better treatment in the US than in the parts of Africa they were pulled from. And we take care of our own. All indications are that the patient is improving. Which is what we were hoping for.

And because Ebola isn't particularly good at transmitting itself to a new host. We go years without any ebola cases for exactly this reason. Plus, this guy is on level 4 bio hazard quarantine. Making the likelihood of transmission essentially zero.

And finally, because the CDC will get a first hand view of an infection in laboratory conditions. Increasing their knowledge of the virus and making an eventual vaccine more likely.

So the reward for the individual patient and future patients is high. And the risk to everyone else is essentially zero.

Hmm, does that mean US healthcare doesn't suck as bad as the left wing would have us believe?

Forum List

Back