I do not stand for or against the Jews

GLASNOST, et al,

Maybe in some sense this is true (accurate in some degree). However, the actual conflict between the two factions was not caused by the removal or civilian persons and objects under its control from the vicinity of military objectives. This movement, while it had a political aspect that the Arabs concentrated their focus upon, had the greatest impact on the Rear Area Protection (RAP) goal of the Israelis to provide security, behind the forward edge of the battles, and facilitated the logistical flow, continuous combat and combat service support, and unimpeded movement of units throughout the rear area.

When did the Palestinians begin to want to return to their homeland?
In the same moment it was stolen. Pretty much the same as the American Indian, I suppose.
(COMMENT)

I think it is very important to view the original reasoning behind the relocation of the Arab Palestinians from the vantage point of what was essential to win against the combined forces of the Arab League.

Long prior to the day of Independence and the immediate invasion and attack by hostile Arab nations, as early as the 1920, still in the era of the Occupied Enemy Territory Administration —- and the Year of both the San Remo Convention and the Treaty of Severs, serious clashes erupted between the Jewish Immigrants and the Arabs. “The political officer to the administration went even further: "Arab national feeling," he wrote, "is based on our gold and nothing else" (Meinertzhagen, p. 83).”

The tension between the Jewish and Arab factions were quite calm from about the time the Mandate was published, until the agitation by the British Appointed Hajj Amin al-Husseini, Mufti of Jerusalem — coincidentally, the arrival no the scene of Sheikh Izz ad din al-Qassam (a Syrian Arab Preacher on the run).

This agitation and incitement by the Mufti culminated in a week long rampage which afforded the Arabs an opportunity to profit from the pillage and plundering of Jewish property; the principle motivation, disguised as retaliation for the Jewish defilement of Muslim holy places. Villages were plundered and destroyed by Arab mobs. (This is not unlike the strategies used today nearly a century later.)

Again, during the period 1936-1939, was the time of the Arab Nationalist Uprising and Revolt. This also started (coincidentally) in the death of al-Qassam in a gunfight between law enforcement and the jihadist Palestinian Black Hand; which al-Qassam founded.

The Civil War started in November 1947, after the adoption of Resolution 181(II); and continued until May 1948 when the Jewish declared independence. At which time, the Arab League attacked in force on all sides. During the Period 1974 through 1995, significant progress was made towards peaceful solutions. But the that agreements between Israel (Labor Party) and the Palestinians was not long in lasting; in that the Likud Party had been bitterly opposed to the Labour government's "land-for-peace deal" with the PLO. And the status quo has remained since.

Most Respectfully,

R

In the same moment it was stolen. Pretty much the same as the American Indian, I suppose.

There is an actual date that it can be pinpointed down to, give or take a handful of days either side. The first outburst of an arab muslim demanding the return of his home

Not some ambigious year 400 years ago

There is an actual date that it can be pinpointed down to, give or take a handful of days either side. The first outburst of an arab muslim demanding the return of his home

Is there some reason why this point might be relevant?

Got it in one!

The Jewish people also began to want to return to their homeland the moment their homeland was stolen from them, nearly three thousand years ago.

Sorry, the expiry date on your claim does not give you the right to enslave the current population "it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine"

Yes because not a whisper was heard when the land was occupied by Turkish invaders, then by British invader, then Jordanian invaders and finally by PLO invaders. The thing you have never been able to explain is why the "palestinians" never demanded the return of their lands until the day arafat declared them all palestinians. Is this that before that day they had no real identity and so could not claim to be " of the land "

Sorry, the expiry date on your claim does not give you the right to enslave the current population "it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine"

And do explain exactly what those rights were in 1917 when this was agreed ?

Who has enslaved who over the years as the dhimmi laws enslaved the Jews since they were passed, the arab muslims prepared to live in peace also live in freedom. So I ask again who elslaved who ?

Got it in one!
The Jewish people also began to want to return to their homeland the moment their homeland was stolen from them, nearly three thousand years ago.
I asked for relevancy. There is none. Perhaps you think there is?

Perhaps you dont want to see the relevancy so deflect hoping it will go away. Once again you try to diminish the Jews denying them the same rights you demand for the arab muslims

Perhaps you dont want to see the relevancy so deflect hoping it will go away. Once again you try to diminish the Jews denying them the same rights you demand for the arab muslims
What does that have to do with my response?
animaatjes-vraagtekens-87786.gif

Both of these, in my opinion, are a particular form of madness, because the assumption here is that one must take a side. What the Jews themselves, and anti- and philo- semites cannot stand is indifference. Both the Jews and others who have a strong opinion of them exist in a sort of relationship where they need each other.

To me, the Jews are just another group. Live and die by your own merits. I will neither attack nor help you.

"the assumption here is that one must take a side [---] What the Jews themselves, and anti- and philo- semites cannot stand is indifference."

Maybe we should all live in separate...WORLDS. i know what it's like to live in: China (brrr), Russia, The Ukraine, Italy, Mexico, Israel, Guatamala, El salvador, India, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Ireland....The Congo, and where Boko Haram lives and breeds -- so, I can go for that....

Al queda
isass

hamass (Gov't to palestinian people)
islamic jihad (palestinians)

....forget it. As long as they're THERE (in the background) slithering around the west bank and ramallah refugee camp...

trouble.. there is no peace w/terrorists in living there and in charge no less.

. they're terrorists, get it?

I asked for relevancy. There is none. Perhaps you think there is?

There are a number of different ethnic peoples all over the world who would like the rights of self-determination in and return to their homeland. If one believes in those rights then they must apply them to ALL peoples. They must apply to everyone or no one. Rights which apply only to some peoples is discrimination.

Anyone who claims that the Palestinians and the other peoples have those rights, while denying those rights to the Jewish people is discriminating against the Jewish people (and there is a word for that).

There are a number of different ethnic peoples all over the world who would like the rights of self-determination in and return to their homeland. If one believes in those rights then they must apply them to ALL peoples. They must apply to everyone or no one. Rights which apply only to some peoples is discrimination.
I agree completely.

Anyone who claims that the Palestinians and the other peoples have those rights, while denying those rights to the Jewish people is discriminating against the Jewish people
Who do you feel is guilty of that discrimination?

and there is a word for that.
No there isn't.

Anyone who doesn't fully support the return to Israel and self-determination of the Jewish people in Israel or argues against it. In my opinion and experience, there are very few members of Team Palestine here who don't fundamentally have objections to Jewish self-determination. In contrast, everyone on Team Israel fundamentally believes in Palestinian self-determination as long as they can get their shit together and knock off with the violence.

No there isn't.

Don't be ignorant or an ass.

Anyone who doesn't fully support the return to Israel and self-determination of the Jewish people in Israel or argues against it. In my opinion and experience, there are very few members of Team Palestine here who don't fundamentally have objections to Jewish self-determination. In contrast, everyone on Team Israel fundamentally believes in Palestinian self-determination as long as they can get their shit together and knock off with the violence.
But I asked you a specific question. Do you think that I (for example) fit the description?
Don't be ignorant or an ass.
You are the ass if you cannot back up your statement. You said, "there is a word for that". I said there isn't. Either tell me what that word is (and defend it) or retract the statement.

But I asked you a specific question. Do you think that I (for example) fit the description?

Not sure I know you well enough to say yet. You could clear it up real quick.

You are the ass if you cannot back up your statement. You said, "there is a word for that". I said there isn't. Either tell me what that word is (and defend it) or retract the statement.

Discrimination against the Jewish people is anti-semitism. I had assumed you were being intentionally obtuse when posting your comment.

Forum List

Back