I didn't even know there was a clean debate zone

I wonder how many times, I've unwittingly broke the rules on "attacks." Is this place new?

Yeah if you just hit "New Posts" or "Active Topics" at the top of the board looking for a topic, you better pay attention to if it's in the CDZ.

I thought when they started this that is was a great idea, but after seeing as how 99% of the people here would rather spend their time elsewhere where they can spew insults and name call, I'm not so sure.

What we need is Different Color or something for the CDZ threads.

You know how there's an "Old" or "Hot" ICON to the left of every thread in a list? Could we use one of THOSE for CDZ threads? OR put the Titles in another color?

It would *%&# kill me if I unintentionally broke the law.. :eusa_angel:

That’s actually a really good idea. Taking the CDZ out of the active threads list is a terrible idea not in the least because it discourages people from using this zone but a simple icon or color would do nothing but identify what threads were here and what threads were not. Anything from the mods on this?

Yeah if you just hit "New Posts" or "Active Topics" at the top of the board looking for a topic, you better pay attention to if it's in the CDZ.

I thought when they started this that is was a great idea, but after seeing as how 99% of the people here would rather spend their time elsewhere where they can spew insults and name call, I'm not so sure.

You know how there's an "Old" or "Hot" ICON to the left of every thread in a list? Could we use one of THOSE for CDZ threads? OR put the Titles in another color?

That’s actually a really good idea. Taking the CDZ out of the active threads list is a terrible idea not in the least because it discourages people from using this zone but a simple icon or color would do nothing but identify what threads were here and what threads were not. Anything from the mods on this?

Those looking for a clean debate can easily go to the CDZ. It doesn't need to be in active topics. And in fact, a lot of people would not know what the color meant anyways.

PM Meister and /or cereal_killer. :)

Those looking for a clean debate can easily go to the CDZ. It doesn't need to be in active topics. And in fact, a lot of people would not know what the color meant anyways.

Those in the active topics could just as easily look at the thread location. There is no need to limit an aria that is useful to others because you do not want to look at the thread location. Sorry, that’s on you. As far as the color coding/icon, it makes sense and limits nothing. Sorry, but there is no reason to structure the entire place to make it convenient for YOU while making it more inconvenient for others.

Those in the active topics could just as easily look at the thread location. There is no need to limit an aria that is useful to others because you do not want to look at the thread location. Sorry, that’s on you. As far as the color coding/icon, it makes sense and limits nothing. Sorry, but there is no reason to structure the entire place to make it convenient for YOU while making it more inconvenient for others.

It's only "on me" if the system says it's on me. I suspect that people who especially want clean debate, will skip past Active Topics and head to the CDZ anyways. Therefore, it's better, if you want clean debate to not mix CDZ topics with Active Posts. Otherwise, you're just inviting unwitting crashers. And even if you want to say "well that's on the crashers," it still affects the CDZ and the community as a whole.

You shouldn't be so quick to condescend. My arguments are not merely about ME. Do you think it's possible that I'm looking out for the community as a whole? Do you think it's possible that I'm looking out for the CDZ? Do you think it's possible that the CDZ would appreciate not having unwitting crashers? Do you think it's possible that a great many people that want "clean debate" will be visiting the CDZ and not Active posts anyways? I actually feel that I've made suggestions that benefit the community as a whole. So should I therefore say that you're making it about YOU?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back