Librals aren't Liberal? link.....

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by copsnrobbers, Aug 15, 2012.

1. copsnrobbers

copsnrobbers I call it as I see it

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +244
    Why I am a Radical Liberal Progressive : Political Outcast

Think what you want....... I don't believe a Liberal Government or society (within reason) is the answer.
    I say we step back and take a good look at better days and make a decision which way we should move the country forward.
    The November election will speak volumes about the mind set of the majority and are they really aware of there reason for there voting decision?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    The comments at the bottom made me lol.

3. copsnrobbers

copsnrobbers I call it as I see it

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +244
    They should be ignored... too funny!

4. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,455
    Kind of a cute way to explain why many people like myself use Leftist to describe the opposition in that direction.. I'M a Liberal -- in the traditional meaning of the word. And I'd like to reclaim and disinfect that label..

Leftists have an inate need for large intrusive authority as long as THEY are in charge. And their main philosophy is "how to get in charge"..

5. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,786
    Edited. Simply attributing the opposite of everything you believe to the political opposition is laziness and all too common in people claiming to know the mysteries of the imponderable liberal mind.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
  6. regent

regent Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,768
    So what is success?

7. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,830
    Same is true of "conservatives". I don't know of a conservative. Its like they all just died. Nonetheless, it makes no sense and is actually counterproductive to treat people like they were made with a cookie cutter.

I wonder if people realize what an "editorial" is. In the case of that one, its a whole lotta lies surrounded by more lies. Just read the page its on. He does the very thing he says others do!

8. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    Classical liberalism is a political ideology that advocates limited government, constitutionalism, rule of law, due process, individual liberties including freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and free markets.[1][2]

Classical liberalism developed in the 19th century in Europe and the United States. Although classical liberalism built on ideas that had already developed by the end of the 18th century, it advocated a specific kind of society, government and public policy as a response to the Industrial Revolution and urbanization.[3] Notable individuals whose ideas have contributed to classical liberalism include John Locke[4], Jean-Baptiste Say, Thomas Malthus and David Ricardo. It drew on the economics of Adam Smith and on a belief in natural law[5], utilitarianism[6], and progress.[7]

Classical liberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,329
    Conservative and liberal were replaced with democrat and republican; parties that serve their own interests in power while sharing much the same ideology. It is where most of the breakdown in debate here comes from. There are those that are partisan hacks and others that are continually arguing against democrat or republican with people that are not actually democrats or republicans.

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    I can only note that these constant debates about WORD MEANINGS are a complete waste of everybody's time.

You want to know what people are all about, ignore the labels (the labels they give themselves or others want to pin on them) and evaluate for yourself WHAT THEY DO.

A person is what they DO, not what they call themsleves or what others call them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1