I didn't even know there was a clean debate zone

It's new. You have not been in trouble here to my knowledge. Try to Remember, Civil Discourse, No Name Calling at other Posters., No Put Downs to other Posters. :)

It's new. You have not been in trouble here to my knowledge. Try to Remember, Civil Discourse, No Name Calling at other Posters., No Put Downs to other Posters. :)

Is there a no side railing rule? You know, the trolls who intentionally change the subject? For instance someone that comes in saying 'you just think that because you're a birther' or 'yea, Obama's a communist' - They do that to avoid actual dialogue on the subject.

I don't post here often because sometimes I'll forget where a thread was, and find myself breaking the rules inadvertantly.

A CDZ in USMB is like a tea sitting room in a roadhouse bar.

That said, I can see why some people would enjoy it. Sometimes these debates do get bogged down in perosnal attacks and off-tangent discussions. Usually when posters who have adversarial relationships decide to bring them here.

I wonder how many times, I've unwittingly broke the rules on "attacks." Is this place new?

Yeah if you just hit "New Posts" or "Active Topics" at the top of the board looking for a topic, you better pay attention to if it's in the CDZ.

I thought when they started this that is was a great idea, but after seeing as how 99% of the people here would rather spend their time elsewhere where they can spew insults and name call, I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
I wonder how many times, I've unwittingly broke the rules on "attacks." Is this place new?

Yeah if you just hit "New Posts" or "Active Topics" at the top of the board looking for a topic, you better pay attention to if it's in the CDZ.

I thought when they started this that is was a great idea, but after seeing as how 99% of the people here would rather spend their time elsewhere where they can spew insults and name call, I'm not so sure.

Some of us work and don't have the time ( or desire ) to engage in debates or look at what forum we are responding in. I am always wondering if one has to debate there or can merely leave a short response, and move on.

Is there a no side railing rule? You know, the trolls who intentionally change the subject? For instance someone that comes in saying 'you just think that because you're a birther' or 'yea, Obama's a communist' - They do that to avoid actual dialogue on the subject.

Yes, there is and one of the only reasons why I come to this forum. Many subjects simply are untouchable through USMB because the number of trolls here. We have actually had a good thread on abortion that did not turn into 100 pages of insults….

So far, this is actually working out…

I like it here, wish it were more more active. I hardly ever resort to lowbrow personal attacks myself so I do not feel in any way constrained by the tighter rules in this forum, those who do never really contributed anything to any discussion in the first place.

Some of us work and don't have the time ( or desire ) to engage in debates or look at what forum we are responding in. I am always wondering if one has to debate there or can merely leave a short response, and move on.

I guess get into the habit of looking___ But I would think USMB could make it so that CDZ posts aren't listed in Active Topics and New Posts.

I don't post here often because sometimes I'll forget where a thread was, and find myself breaking the rules inadvertantly.

A CDZ in USMB is like a tea sitting room in a roadhouse bar.

That said, I can see why some people would enjoy it. Sometimes these debates do get bogged down in perosnal attacks and off-tangent discussions. Usually when posters who have adversarial relationships decide to bring them here.

The Conservative Clubhouse is a clean zone. There is no trolling there and imo it has been the most enjoyable place on USMB.

And if you do that all the time, you don't have to worry about if you're in the clean debate zone or not. :D

And if you do that all the time, you don't have to worry about if you're in the clean debate zone or not. :D

In the past month, I've put about 15 trolls on my ignore list. I'm not generally looking for a fight. But if someone throws the gloves off, I like the option of saying, let's do this. I think it's just a good idea for USMB to take the CDZ posts out of active and new posts.

Yes, we need to make changes to accommodate those that can't be bothered to move their eyes slightly to the right in order to see the forum their thread of choice resides in....or slightly up when at the opening page of the thread. :rolleyes:

I have put trolls on my ignore list too.

My ability to discuss things has improved exponentially when I'm not battling 3-a half dozen Posters who bounce in and out to quip idiocies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we need to make changes to accommodate those that can't be bothered to move their eyes slightly to the right in order to see the forum their thread of choice resides in....or slightly up when at the opening page of the thread. :rolleyes:

We do. Most people don't look up at the small letters of what forum a post is in.

What we need is Different Color or something for the CDZ threads.

You know how there's an "Old" or "Hot" ICON to the left of every thread in a list? Could we use one of THOSE for CDZ threads? OR put the Titles in another color?

It would *%&# kill me if I unintentionally broke the law.. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back