I believe Christie is going to run

Do you believe Chris Christie will get the nomination in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No *if not, then who?*

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Not sure/don't know

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Only if the TP can get over him saying Obama was doing a good job. Even if the establishment GOP nominates him, many on the far right will stay at home or run a third party person.

But Christie is the best that the GOP has right not, even though my heart is with Teddy Cruz....Eh....

people, are you adults? or kids?

he is a politician. he needed help for his state. sure, he should have kept his big mouth shut on this a week before the election, but I still do not think that it was Christie who put obama back on the throne.

It were you, my dear conservatives, who did not pick up your lazy butts to vote for Mitt, because he was not good enough for you and you thought you can be ABOVE those lowly candidates.

enjoying the shit somebody else has chosen for YOU much? :evil:

Vox, I love it when you are on your meds.

Straight truth from her mouth to your reactionary right ears.

Man and Woman up, dudes and dudettes, the candidate of the GOP will not be anybody from the far right.

Christie got the "thank you" vote from NJ dems, for his "bringing home the bacon" after the hurricane. But he's not going to get the liberal vote in a national election, because of his anti-gay, ant-abortion stances. And I doubt he's far enough to the right to even get the GOP nomination. The cons are going to pick someone like Rand Paul, that has NO chance of winning.

I am not so sure about that. His anti-gay, anti-abortion stance are just ... 'so what' issues, IMO. Not like he can go overturning Roe v Wade by EO.

The issues that matter to me are jobs, MW, infrastructure, and our enlisted men and women, oh. And immigration. If he has answers I agree with, he would have my vote (depending on who is running on the Dem side, and what their answers are.)

Well, one thing is obvious about Christie. He has no discipline. Chances are pretty good that he would become just as addicted to power as he is to FOOD.

And if he runs, he will get the nomination, and has a very solid chance at the win.

Two numbers that explain why Chris Christie is taking so much heat

A new CNN/ORC International poll shows Christie is easily the most competitive Republican against Clinton, who has not announced whether she will make another White House bid but is seen as the likely Democratic nominee, should she run.

Christie (48 percent) runs about even with Clinton (46 percent) among registered voters, putting him a tier above other potential GOP White House contenders. He runs even with Clinton among self-described moderates and holds a big lead among independents.

By comparison, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) trails Clinton by eight points despite high name recognition following his 2012 run for vice president. Meanwhile, rising conservative stars like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.) trail Clinton by 18 and 13 percentage points, respectively. Former Florida governor Jeb Bush (R) lags behind the Democrat by 21.

When stacked up against potential GOP competitors in a Fox News poll, there is more good news for Christie. He leads eight other Republicans with a 16 percent plurality among GOP respondents. In other words, Christie’s not only shaping up as the most electable Republican right now; he’s also scoring points among the party faithful.

Of course he will run, and good chance he does win the nomination, but I do not see him winning the general election. Despite New Jersey voter's love affair with Christie, exit polls from November's election showed that Clinton would beat him in New Jersey, so he can't even count on winning his home state. Just because New Jersey voters like him as their governor does not mean they will vote for him for President.

Can anybody put forth a more viable R candidate for President than Christie?

Because frankly and truly, I don't see any TPM getting either the nom OR the win.

Christie is the best you can hope for, at this point.

Can anybody put forth a more viable R candidate for President than Christie?

Because frankly and truly, I don't see any TPM getting either the nom OR the win.

Christie is the best you can hope for, at this point.
Nice try. :eusa_hand:

I don't think he has a good shot at winning.

The Republicans would be far better served running someone like Mike Huckabee, who comes off as likable and friendly to working folks.

Christie's problem is that he brash, abrasive and comes off as a bit of a bully. These kinds of flaws are magnified in an election campaign where everyone you even looked at funny is given 15 minutes of fame.

The Republicans would be better running someone who has declared that we should amend the Constitution to make it be more in line with God's law?

Sure. Yeah. You'd be okay with that guy? Somehow I don't believe that.

Oh, I personally wouldn't be okay with that guy.

I would say he is more electable in a country that is 80% Christian, though.

You see, here's the thing. The thing that really wins elections is likability. The Democrats are running Hillary, who is a tad abrasive. The GOP doesn't beat her by nominating a fat bully who picks on teachers and working folks.

The thing I've always liked about Huckabee is that he's square with working folks over Wall Street and the Banksters. It's why they threw everything they had at him in 2008.

Now, I do think that he's got a few problems, like a couple people he paroled went on to commit terrible crimes... He needs to explain that a lot better than he has.

Only if the TP can get over him saying Obama was doing a good job. Even if the establishment GOP nominates him, many on the far right will stay at home or run a third party person.

But Christie is the best that the GOP has right not, even though my heart is with Teddy Cruz....Eh....

people, are you adults? or kids?

he is a politician. he needed help for his state. sure, he should have kept his big mouth shut on this a week before the election, but I still do not think that it was Christie who put obama back on the throne.

It were you, my dear conservatives, who did not pick up your lazy butts to vote for Mitt, because he was not good enough for you and you thought you can be ABOVE those lowly candidates.

enjoying the shit somebody else has chosen for YOU much? :evil:

Mitt Romney did not lose because "conservatives" didn't show up for him.

Mitt Romney lost because he showed his contempt for working folks and fully embraced the "Let him Die" "Legitimate Rape" crazy that currently infects the GOP.

And if he runs, he will get the nomination, and has a very solid chance at the win.

A new CNN/ORC International poll shows Christie is easily the most competitive Republican against Clinton, who has not announced whether she will make another White House bid but is seen as the likely Democratic nominee, should she run.

Christie (48 percent) runs about even with Clinton (46 percent) among registered voters, putting him a tier above other potential GOP White House contenders. He runs even with Clinton among self-described moderates and holds a big lead among independents.

By comparison, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) trails Clinton by eight points despite high name recognition following his 2012 run for vice president. Meanwhile, rising conservative stars like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.) trail Clinton by 18 and 13 percentage points, respectively. Former Florida governor Jeb Bush (R) lags behind the Democrat by 21.

When stacked up against potential GOP competitors in a Fox News poll, there is more good news for Christie. He leads eight other Republicans with a 16 percent plurality among GOP respondents. In other words, Christie’s not only shaping up as the most electable Republican right now; he’s also scoring points among the party faithful.

I too believe Christie will run. But, if he tries to appease the base he'll crash and burn. Romney tried to ride the fence, if Christie tried he'd appear to be (and would be) a phony. When he speaks the truth, the base will go after him and calling him a RINO will be the nicest thing said.

GOP voters are a strange coalition, I wouldn't be surprised if they picked the biggest demagogue and charlatan - Ted Cruze. My guess is Jeb Bush has the best chance to win, but his father's "Read my Lips" and his brothers terrible record on the economy and foreign policy will be a huge hurdle.

If the GOP was smart, they'd pick a dark horse, someone not afflicted with foot in mouth disease, smart, self assured, assertive, very experienced and highly intelligent. Sadly for them Hillary is a Democrat.

Last edited:

Of course he will run, and good chance he does win the nomination, but I do not see him winning the general election. Despite New Jersey voter's love affair with Christie, exit polls from November's election showed that Clinton would beat him in New Jersey, so he can't even count on winning his home state. Just because New Jersey voters like him as their governor does not mean they will vote for him for President.

Christie will not win NJ. Neither will any other Republican

But Christie could win major swing states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia and Florida

Something candidates like Cruz or Paul can't

Nope. He won't run.

Like all politicians, he has a huge ego. And, he's a bully.

As it is, he's pretty much governor or life.

He's term limited to two terms so if he wants to stay in politics he'll be looking for the next step up which is either U.S. Senate or president. Since no Senate seat at this point in time would appear to be vulnerable for 2016 president is the next likely option, unless he plans to vie for a cabinet spot in the next administration.

Forum List

Back