I believe Christie is going to run

Do you believe Chris Christie will get the nomination in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No *if not, then who?*

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Not sure/don't know

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
And if he runs, he will get the nomination, and has a very solid chance at the win.

Two numbers that explain why Chris Christie is taking so much heat

A new CNN/ORC International poll shows Christie is easily the most competitive Republican against Clinton, who has not announced whether she will make another White House bid but is seen as the likely Democratic nominee, should she run.

Christie (48 percent) runs about even with Clinton (46 percent) among registered voters, putting him a tier above other potential GOP White House contenders. He runs even with Clinton among self-described moderates and holds a big lead among independents.

By comparison, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) trails Clinton by eight points despite high name recognition following his 2012 run for vice president. Meanwhile, rising conservative stars like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.) trail Clinton by 18 and 13 percentage points, respectively. Former Florida governor Jeb Bush (R) lags behind the Democrat by 21.

When stacked up against potential GOP competitors in a Fox News poll, there is more good news for Christie. He leads eight other Republicans with a 16 percent plurality among GOP respondents. In other words, Christie’s not only shaping up as the most electable Republican right now; he’s also scoring points among the party faithful.

I believe Christie is gonna eat everything in sight...

'n mebbe run for president too... 'n mebbe even win...

yeah... I know... the fat jokes are a cheap shot...

but I don't give a flying fuck...

this guy shouldn't even be mentioned as a potential GOP presidential candidate...

and it has nothing at all to do with the fact that he's a humongously fat motherfucker...

I expect him to run, doesn't mean he'll get the nomination. I would like to see him self-destruct in a debate with the other contenders. He's liable to start calling the other candidates names, like the child that he is.

• Banned
Well, his numbers are far-and-away better than any other contender. And he's had lap-band surgery, and has lost significant weight and continues to lose.

Maybe look at who he actually is as a candidate? I know, I know; it's a novel idea. And I don't want you going outside your pay grade on the brains department. But why don't you think about it, and if that hurts then stop immediately.

:thup:

Well, his numbers are far-and-away better than any other contender. And he's had lap-band surgery, and has lost significant weight and continues to lose.

Maybe look at who he actually is as a candidate? I know, I know; it's a novel idea. And I don't want you going outside your pay grade on the brains department. But why don't you think about it, and if that hurts then stop immediately.

:thup:
He's another McCain, Dole, Romney, etc. If he gets the nomination, he'll lose, just like all the other RINOs. I know you libs like to push guys like Christie because they're easier to beat than conservatives but hopefully the voters will wise up this time and reject his fat ass.

I don't think he has a good shot at winning.

The Republicans would be far better served running someone like Mike Huckabee, who comes off as likable and friendly to working folks.

Christie's problem is that he brash, abrasive and comes off as a bit of a bully. These kinds of flaws are magnified in an election campaign where everyone you even looked at funny is given 15 minutes of fame.

Christie will run, kick the crap of out any far right reactionary candidates like Santorum et al (no one on the far right can win), and have a decent chance of winning the election.

If I was a liberal I could think of nothing better than for Christie to run.
Why?
Hillary is a shoe in for the party nominee. She will have no opponent. She will have the ability to save her war chest for the campaign.
Christie will have to fight tooth and nail to get the Republican nod. And every negative campaign ad against him will be like manna from the sky for the left media to gleefully report on since it will be like free advertising for Hillary.
Christie would cause a chasm in the Republican party. Gun activist will not vote for him.
Indeed, if Christie was the man - Hillary would win like greased lightning.

It would be surprising if Christie isn't primaried out. He's very popular among democrats not so much among Republicans.

Christie is the only Republican capable of winning swing states. The rest will just increase the margin in Red States

If Christie is allowed to leverage his post Sandy persona of a politician who cares about the people over party he can win....If he is forced to pay homage to the TeaTards he will give the Democrats enough ammo to beat him

And if he runs, he will get the nomination, and has a very solid chance at the win.

A new CNN/ORC International poll shows Christie is easily the most competitive Republican against Clinton, who has not announced whether she will make another White House bid but is seen as the likely Democratic nominee, should she run.

Christie (48 percent) runs about even with Clinton (46 percent) among registered voters, putting him a tier above other potential GOP White House contenders. He runs even with Clinton among self-described moderates and holds a big lead among independents.

By comparison, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) trails Clinton by eight points despite high name recognition following his 2012 run for vice president. Meanwhile, rising conservative stars like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.) trail Clinton by 18 and 13 percentage points, respectively. Former Florida governor Jeb Bush (R) lags behind the Democrat by 21.

When stacked up against potential GOP competitors in a Fox News poll, there is more good news for Christie. He leads eight other Republicans with a 16 percent plurality among GOP respondents. In other words, Christie’s not only shaping up as the most electable Republican right now; he’s also scoring points among the party faithful.

I don't appreciate the media picking our candidates for us.

I don't appreciate the media picking our candidates for us.

But Rush and FoxNews does such a good job

Forum List

Back