I believe Christie is going to run

Do you believe Chris Christie will get the nomination in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No *if not, then who?*

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Not sure/don't know

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
If I was a liberal I could think of nothing better than for Christie to run.
Why?
Hillary is a shoe in for the party nominee. She will have no opponent. She will have the ability to save her war chest for the campaign.
Christie will have to fight tooth and nail to get the Republican nod. And every negative campaign ad against him will be like manna from the sky for the left media to gleefully report on since it will be like free advertising for Hillary.
Christie would cause a chasm in the Republican party. Gun activist will not vote for him.
Indeed, if Christie was the man - Hillary would win like greased lightning.

Take the Concern Troll act elsewhere, cause it don't float here.

Conservatives and the Far Right both will vote for Christie rather than HC because she is anathema, period, to them.

It will be interesting to see what version of Chris Christie we will see in 2016

One thing for sure, he will be slimmed down from the 2012 Christie we saw during Sandy

By nature, Christie is a bully who attacks anyone who disagrees with him...even on trivial issues. His reaction in the Ft Lee/GW Bridge will be downplayed, but is typical Christie

If we get the warm and cuddly Christie hugging Sandy victims and fighting petty politics to help the people...he will be hard to beat

But if he does like McCain and Romney and becomes a faux-conservative pushing guns and trashing gays and the poor....he will lose

I believe Christie is gonna eat everything in sight...

'n mebbe run for president too... 'n mebbe even win...

Last report I read, several weeks ago, stated he has lost half of his weight loss goal. He sure looks better. It's amazing how much better a person looks when their face is less bloated, almost like a different person. His stomach stapling is working. What's next for him when he loses all that adipose tissue, will probably be surgery to remove the excess flab, grown to cover his map.

Why?
Hillary is a shoe in for the party nominee. She will have no opponent. She will have the ability to save her war chest for the campaign.
Christie will have to fight tooth and nail to get the Republican nod. And every negative campaign ad against him will be like manna from the sky for the left media to gleefully report on since it will be like free advertising for Hillary.
Christie would cause a chasm in the Republican party. Gun activist will not vote for him.

Conservatives and the Far Right both will vote for Christie rather than HC because she is anathema, period, to them.

No they won't. Fiscal conservatives will vote third party or not at all.

And if he runs, he will get the nomination, and has a very solid chance at the win.

Two numbers that explain why Chris Christie is taking so much heat

A new CNN/ORC International poll shows Christie is easily the most competitive Republican against Clinton, who has not announced whether she will make another White House bid but is seen as the likely Democratic nominee, should she run.

Christie (48 percent) runs about even with Clinton (46 percent) among registered voters, putting him a tier above other potential GOP White House contenders. He runs even with Clinton among self-described moderates and holds a big lead among independents.

By comparison, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) trails Clinton by eight points despite high name recognition following his 2012 run for vice president. Meanwhile, rising conservative stars like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.) trail Clinton by 18 and 13 percentage points, respectively. Former Florida governor Jeb Bush (R) lags behind the Democrat by 21.

When stacked up against potential GOP competitors in a Fox News poll, there is more good news for Christie. He leads eight other Republicans with a 16 percent plurality among GOP respondents. In other words, Christie’s not only shaping up as the most electable Republican right now; he’s also scoring points among the party faithful.

After 8 years of a feckless President, I think the country has Democrat fatigue, and as is often the case, a Republican President is likely next. And compared to the Tea Party types, Christie might seem best. After the 8 year experiment of a black President, having another 4 or 8 with a woman President is going to be too much. ...Of course I was totally wrong when Obama actually won, and then again when no one took a shot at him. Not that I hoped someone would, I just didn't think a country with such a rich tradition of racism and assassination was gonna let that sort of thing slide. So I'm not a very good barometer. :)

Since I don't care either way not believing Presidents decide much more than what they want for breakfast (corporations are in charge, not any politician, proof of concept is the big campaign promises Obama didn't deliver like shutting down Guantanomo, or pulling out of Afganistan - Presidents aren't Kings alas.) I don't personally care who wins.

If Christie runs, he might not survive a primary with only republicans voting. If he does get past that, he might win simply by peeling off democrat vote from Hillary to make up from the republican votes he lost.

Christie got the "thank you" vote from NJ dems, for his "bringing home the bacon" after the hurricane. But he's not going to get the liberal vote in a national election, because of his anti-gay, ant-abortion stances. And I doubt he's far enough to the right to even get the GOP nomination. The cons are going to pick someone like Rand Paul, that has NO chance of winning.

Christie "evolved" and now supports gay rights over and above the rights of anyone else.

"Triple C from the NJZ" (crispy creme christie from New Jersery) is a lock to run.

Whether he wins or not is still undetermined. Conservatives do not trust him, especially after he french kissed Obama's sphincter in the wake of Sandy.....

christe+and+obama+kissing.png

Christie got the "thank you" vote from NJ dems, for his "bringing home the bacon" after the hurricane. But he's not going to get the liberal vote in a national election, because of his anti-gay, ant-abortion stances. And I doubt he's far enough to the right to even get the GOP nomination. The cons are going to pick someone like Rand Paul, that has NO chance of winning.

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz will split the GOP Conservative primary vote while Christie sweeps the blue states and swing states

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz will split the GOP Conservative primary vote while Christie sweeps the blue states and swing states

Could be! And he could peel off enough democrats too. I wouldn't vote for him but that's just one vote anyway.

Of course I was totally wrong when Obama actually won, and then again when no one took a shot at him.
The Secret Service did it's job. They are paid quite well for what they do, and deserve every penny.

Last edited:
Nope. He won't run.

Like all politicians, he has a huge ego. And, he's a bully.

As it is, he's pretty much governor or life. He knows he can't win and he likes being the biggest (sorry) fish in his own pond.

Why?

If I cared what FakeStarkey thought i might be upset at this....but then it is you...so :lol::lol:

Christie will run, kick the crap of out any far right reactionary candidates like Santorum et al (no one on the far right can win), and have a decent chance of winning the election.

While I think the Republicans DO need to run someone more moderate, Christie the Hutt isn't the guy.

He's prickly, he's a bully, he's made his name screwing over working folks and a lot of moderate Republicans will never forgive him for hugging Obama in 2012.

Forum List

Back