I am now a 2nd class citizen

New York's new gun law has effectively made me a 2nd class citizen. I now cannot posses a semi automatic rifle that others can own. I cannot own a semi automatic pistol others can own. Furthermore, Police officers when not on duty can now carry clips with more than 7 rounds, which I cannot. Politicans can be protected 24/7 by people who dont have to follow those rules, yet I have to wait for police response if something happens.

We have created the situation where all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

I assume thier next target will be my right to a jury trial, and my protection from search without a warrant.

I am planning on joining the NRA, and I hope they challenge this law in court. I also plan on purchasing whatever stunted firearm I am allowed by my "betters"

A) You can still own a ahotgun or pistol, right? So, you can still protect yourself.

B) You don't have a right to have the same fire power as a police officer. Police can also turn on sirens and drive through red lights during an emergency. Do you think you should have that right as well?

New York's new gun law has effectively made me a 2nd class citizen. I now cannot posses a semi automatic rifle that others can own. I cannot own a semi automatic pistol others can own. Furthermore, Police officers when not on duty can now carry clips with more than 7 rounds, which I cannot. Politicans can be protected 24/7 by people who dont have to follow those rules, yet I have to wait for police response if something happens.

We have created the situation where all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

I assume thier next target will be my right to a jury trial, and my protection from search without a warrant.

I am planning on joining the NRA, and I hope they challenge this law in court. I also plan on purchasing whatever stunted firearm I am allowed by my "betters"

There are plenty of right to work, right to carry states that you can find much happiness in and pay a hell of a lot less taxes in which to do it. Fla. Texas etc etc... Come on down.

A) You can still own a ahotgun or pistol, right? So, you can still protect yourself.

B) You don't have a right to have the same fire power as a police officer. Police can also turn on sirens and drive through red lights during an emergency. Do you think you should have that right as well?

I dont want the police restricted in what they carry on duty. When off duty, however they should have to follow the restrictions we follow.

Also when they retire, no back-door bennies like being able to ignore mag limits or weapon types. That crap is Rampant in NYC.

I think Marty makes a valid point. Its a shame the people of New York sit idly by why their elected leaders ban all this stuff. Big Gulps, salt etc

no one banned salt. they just said others couldn't put it in for you in massive, heart-stopping quantities.

as for big gulps... if you need a gallon of soda, buy two cups. no one prevents that.

Why in the fuck do libtards feel they have to regulate soda in the first damn place and then smugly say "buy two" what assholes.

There are plenty of right to work, right to carry states that you can find much happiness in and pay a hell of a lot less taxes in which to do it. Fla. Texas etc etc... Come on down.

Would love to, again family comittments keep me here. I help take care of two 90+ grandparents, and I have to help other family members as well.

I can't own a semi automatic rifle that another person with the exact same clean background can, and the only reason is that they already owned it.

Also I guarantee off duty police officers will not be required to sell thier over-mags. An off duty police officer (as well as an on duty one) is still a civillian, not a soldier. Being a peace officer should not give you more rights than me, with the exception of access to heavier weapons while on duty.

Actually, even when the police are off duty, they are still on duty, same as doctors and nurses. Did you know there's a law that if you are a doctor or a nurse you cannot pass an auto accident on the highway, you MUST stop and help? I'm pretty sure that's the same with the cops. Also, all federal employees are required to report to the nearest post office in case of any disaster. ALL federal employees, even the guy that works in the mail room. They are required to leave their family and report to the nearest post office in case they are needed by our government.

Other than that, I'm with you on your gun rant.

Truck drivers are ordered to report to holding sites in case of a national emergency too.

Bet y'all didn't know that, did you?

Link please, I drove for 6 years and have never heard to the crap you come up with.

tumblr_lgiuxrOArB1qdoj7v.gif

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

As a citizen you can

1. Use your first amendment rights to voice your concerns about your gun rights
2. Openly protest
3. Contact your state assemblyman
4. Run for political office
5. Contribute to organizations that fight the bill

How has your citizenship been affected?

6. disobey

I think Marty makes a valid point. Its a shame the people of New York sit idly by why their elected leaders ban all this stuff. Big Gulps, salt etc
I'm originally from New York. Brooklyn more specifically. And while I can say without reservation that Brooklyn once was a truly wonderful place to live it had changed so much by the 1980s I chose to move to New Jersey. Today it is totally foreign to me and I diligently avoid going there.

All of New York City has changed drastically from the way it was in the 1950s. There is absolutely nothing to like about it anymore. It has lost its personality and I believe one must be exceptionally wealthy to live contentedly there.

New York City is so crowded now and its population so diverse there is no sense of community and day-to-day living there has become a minor ordeal which tends to divert attention from the encroachments of local government. Living there has become so unnatural and subject to so many rules, regulations, and ordinances that City residents no longer notice or pay attention to edicts handed down by the multi-billionaire mayor who seems to be evolving by baby steps into a modern-day Claudius.

I'm originally from New York. Brooklyn more specifically. And while I can say without reservation that Brooklyn once was a truly wonderful place to live it had changed so much by the 1980s I chose to move to New Jersey. Today it is totally foreign to me and I diligently avoid going there.

All of New York City has changed drastically from the way it was in the 1950s. There is absolutely nothing to like about it anymore. It has lost its personality and I believe one must be exceptionally wealthy to live contentedly there.

New York City is so crowded now and its population so diverse there is no sense of community and day-to-day living there has become a minor ordeal which tends to divert attention from the encroachments of local government. Living there has become so unnatural and subject to so many rules, regulations, and ordinances that City residents no longer notice or pay attention to edicts handed down by the multi-billionaire mayor who seems to be evolving by baby steps into a modern-day Claudius.

I don't know about that. I just spent a week in Brooklyn, Queens and out on Long Island and I saw plenty of poor people. Lot's of them, in fact.

But, New York has always been a place of diversity, turmoil and change. That's what makes it such a great city.

As for Bloomberg? I wish he'd take his nanny-state impulses back to whatever ivory tower he lives in.

I don't know about that. I just spent a week in Brooklyn, Queens and out on Long Island and I saw plenty of poor people. Lot's of them, in fact.
What I said is I believe one must be wealthy to live contentedly in today's New York.

I know there are plenty of poor people there. Have you seen the way they are forced to live? New York is one of the most expensive places to live in the U.S. And those who aren't poor but are getting along are under exceptional stress, which is why I moved to New Jersey.

But, New York has always been a place of diversity, turmoil and change. That's what makes it such a great city.
In relative terms that is true. But you spent a week there. Try living there. Unless you are familiar with New York City of the 50s and beyond you have no reference. I was born (in the 30s) and raised there and I can tell you there is no comparison with today's New York. What there was to like about it has been lost in time. It died.

As for Bloomberg? I wish he'd take his nanny-state impulses back to whatever ivory tower he lives in.
If I had billions of dollars I'd be living quietly in some luxurious European resort. But Mayor of New York City is the closest his money can bring him to being an emperor.

Forum List

Back