I am now a 2nd class citizen

You can move.
I canot see why anyone would want to live in NY anyway ;)
Move to Montana and start a dental floss ranch.

As stated before, I have family commitments that prevent that from happening.

I also do like the ability to be out and about past 12 midnight and still have stuff open.

Well then you're jusrt going to have to quit your bellyaching and suck it up if you want to live in NY.

Not owning a gun is not the end of the world.

I will never quit my bellyaching. Now its guns, they will be going for something else sooner or later. It allows them to forget about the massive debt the state and local governments will be facing in the next 20 years.

New York's new gun law has effectively made me a 2nd class citizen. I now cannot posses a semi automatic rifle that others can own. I cannot own a semi automatic pistol others can own. Furthermore, Police officers when not on duty can now carry clips with more than 7 rounds, which I cannot. Politicans can be protected 24/7 by people who dont have to follow those rules, yet I have to wait for police response if something happens.

We have created the situation where all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

I assume thier next target will be my right to a jury trial, and my protection from search without a warrant.

I am planning on joining the NRA, and I hope they challenge this law in court. I also plan on purchasing whatever stunted firearm I am allowed by my "betters"

Congratulation on your promotion!

New York's new gun law has effectively made me a 2nd class citizen. I now cannot posses a semi automatic rifle that others can own. I cannot own a semi automatic pistol others can own. Furthermore, Police officers when not on duty can now carry clips with more than 7 rounds, which I cannot. Politicans can be protected 24/7 by people who dont have to follow those rules, yet I have to wait for police response if something happens.

We have created the situation where all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

I assume thier next target will be my right to a jury trial, and my protection from search without a warrant.

I am planning on joining the NRA, and I hope they challenge this law in court. I also plan on purchasing whatever stunted firearm I am allowed by my "betters"

without debating the merits (or lack thereof) of the new law, i would think one is only a 'second class citizen' if one can't do what every other citizen can do.

I can't own a semi automatic rifle that another person with the exact same clean background can, and the only reason is that they already owned it.

Also I guarantee off duty police officers will not be required to sell thier over-mags. An off duty police officer (as well as an on duty one) is still a civillian, not a soldier. Being a peace officer should not give you more rights than me, with the exception of access to heavier weapons while on duty.
I agree it is unfair. They shouldn't grandfather in the other guns. They should buy them back.

Last edited:

I have read your posts

You are more like a fourth or fifth class citizen

But you can always hope

Please put your shirt back on so the nice men in white can find you and take you back home.

$insane.jpg

Do you ever add anything to the conversation besides the smell of fucktard?

Do you ever add anything to the conversation besides the smell of fucktard?

I came here for discussion, but believe me I also know how to troll. Ad hom is not discussion. You retards have trolled the wrong person.

Seems like you have several choices,

1. Move

2. Stay and accept what your elected officials have done.

3. Sue in federal court.

4. Organize a recall for those officials and replace them.

You can be a second class citizen only if you chose to accept it.

I am choosing not to accept it. I am joining the NRA, as well as at least starting the process to get a firearm. In NYC its a pain in the ass.

May I suggest the 2nd Amendment Foundation instead of the NRA, I'm sure they will be filing suits in NY.

They said nothing about boomsticks. ;)

Get a double barrel with rounds that will get the job done.

1. Move

3. Sue in federal court.

I am choosing not to accept it. I am joining the NRA, as well as at least starting the process to get a firearm. In NYC its a pain in the ass.

um.. marty, you don't own guns?

then why do you care all of a sudden?

i'm just curious.

1. Move

3. Sue in federal court.

May I suggest the 2nd Amendment Foundation instead of the NRA, I'm sure they will be filing suits in NY.

I will look into it.

without debating the merits (or lack thereof) of the new law, i would think one is only a 'second class citizen' if one can't do what every other citizen can do.

I can't own a semi automatic rifle that another person with the exact same clean background can, and the only reason is that they already owned it.

Also I guarantee off duty police officers will not be required to sell thier over-mags. An off duty police officer (as well as an on duty one) is still a civillian, not a soldier. Being a peace officer should not give you more rights than me, with the exception of access to heavier weapons while on duty.

Actually, even when the police are off duty, they are still on duty, same as doctors and nurses. Did you know there's a law that if you are a doctor or a nurse you cannot pass an auto accident on the highway, you MUST stop and help? I'm pretty sure that's the same with the cops. Also, all federal employees are required to report to the nearest post office in case of any disaster. ALL federal employees, even the guy that works in the mail room. They are required to leave their family and report to the nearest post office in case they are needed by our government.

Other than that, I'm with you on your gun rant.

1. Move

3. Sue in federal court.

um.. marty, you don't own guns?

then why do you care all of a sudden?

i'm just curious.

Because I dont feel the need to restrict the rights of others just because I don't choose to exercise that right.

To me gun control is just part of the statist's desire to control every little freaking facet of how we live our daily lives. Instead of worrying about real issues like the economy and our infrastructure, governments of all levels feel the need to deal with this crap.

Was newtown a tragedy? Yes. But the chance of a child dying in a school shooting via an assault weapon is orders of magnitude less than thier chance of dying in an accident, or a car crash, or illness. But its easy to be "against guns", and the simple solution of BAN THEM appeals to our desire to try to control things we dont like.

The cold truth that risk cannot be avoided until we are dead (and thus can no longer fear dying), and we cannot regulate our way to 100% safety is too much for people to bear. Hence the simple solutions, and governments all too eager to appear to be "doing something" on something that occurs extremely infrequently.

Its like working on a leaking faucet on the Titanic while it is sinking, and feeling satisfied you DID SOMETHING your cabin fills with seawater.

Actually, even when the police are off duty, they are still on duty, same as doctors and nurses. Did you know there's a law that if you are a doctor or a nurse you cannot pass an auto accident on the highway, you MUST stop and help? I'm pretty sure that's the same with the cops. Also, all federal employees are required to report to the nearest post office in case of any disaster. ALL federal employees, even the guy that works in the mail room. They are required to leave their family and report to the nearest post office in case they are needed by our government.

Considering that the banners say "you can defend yourself just fine" with the restrictions they are placing on us, the off duty police officer should have no issue taking down the perpetrator. After all, with the new restrictions in place, the criminal will be similarly armed, as criminals will follow these gun laws to the letter.

When you create a government class that has more rights than you do, you are creating a nobility. I thought we got rid of that.

Truck drivers are ordered to report to holding sites in case of a national emergency too.

Bet y'all didn't know that, did you?

Forum List

Back