I am now a 2nd class citizen

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
New York's new gun law has effectively made me a 2nd class citizen. I now cannot posses a semi automatic rifle that others can own. I cannot own a semi automatic pistol others can own. Furthermore, Police officers when not on duty can now carry clips with more than 7 rounds, which I cannot. Politicans can be protected 24/7 by people who dont have to follow those rules, yet I have to wait for police response if something happens.

We have created the situation where all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

I assume thier next target will be my right to a jury trial, and my protection from search without a warrant.

I am planning on joining the NRA, and I hope they challenge this law in court. I also plan on purchasing whatever stunted firearm I am allowed by my "betters"

You know what dude; as you like to say, you don't like the second amendment, change it.

You don't like New Yorks gun laws. Change them. Or move to somewhere else.

But quit whining.

btw, did you do any reading on the Patriot Act yet? See where you can lose all your rights if you are deemed a terrorist by our governmnet.

Your own right swing scotus people say these laws are perfectly constitutional

New York's new gun law has effectively made me a 2nd class citizen. I now cannot posses a semi automatic rifle that others can own. I cannot own a semi automatic pistol others can own. Furthermore, Police officers when not on duty can now carry clips with more than 7 rounds, which I cannot. Politicans can be protected 24/7 by people who dont have to follow those rules, yet I have to wait for police response if something happens.

We have created the situation where all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

I assume thier next target will be my right to a jury trial, and my protection from search without a warrant.

I am planning on joining the NRA, and I hope they challenge this law in court. I also plan on purchasing whatever stunted firearm I am allowed by my "betters"

without debating the merits (or lack thereof) of the new law, i would think one is only a 'second class citizen' if one can't do what every other citizen can do.

the NRA wouldn't be an "aggrieved party". no doubt they can find a NY'er who would be happy to be the nominal plaintiff.

reasonable regulation isn't unconstitutional. there are reasonable time, place and manner restrictions on the first amendment, too. the question will be whether these particular regulations are reasonable.

i think the biggest issue will be the one requiring people to sell over-capacity clips within a year... out of state. i'm not certain anyone can be compelled to do that. and i'm not certain they don't have to grandfather in the things people already down.

Last edited:
I think Marty makes a valid point. Its a shame the people of New York sit idly by why their elected leaders ban all this stuff. Big Gulps, salt etc

I have read your posts

You are more like a fourth or fifth class citizen

But you can always hope

without debating the merits (or lack thereof) of the new law, i would think one is only a 'second class citizen' if one can't do what every other citizen can do.

I can't own a semi automatic rifle that another person with the exact same clean background can, and the only reason is that they already owned it.

Also I guarantee off duty police officers will not be required to sell thier over-mags. An off duty police officer (as well as an on duty one) is still a civillian, not a soldier. Being a peace officer should not give you more rights than me, with the exception of access to heavier weapons while on duty.

I think Marty makes a valid point. Its a shame the people of New York sit idly by why their elected leaders ban all this stuff. Big Gulps, salt etc

no one banned salt. they just said others couldn't put it in for you in massive, heart-stopping quantities.

as for big gulps... if you need a gallon of soda, buy two cups. no one prevents that.

no one banned salt. they just said others couldn't put it in for you in massive, heart-stopping quantities.

as for big gulps... if you need a gallon of soda, buy two cups. no one prevents that.

The question becomes if you can "just buy two" why make the law in the first place? It is the overall nannyism of our current batch of politicans in general that makes me uncomfortable. Governments should worry about "big issues" like the economy and infrastructure, not if some fatty wants a 64 oz big gulp.

new york's new gun law has effectively made me a 2nd class citizen. I now cannot posses a semi automatic rifle that others can own. I cannot own a semi automatic pistol others can own. Furthermore, police officers when not on duty can now carry clips with more than 7 rounds, which i cannot. Politicans can be protected 24/7 by people who dont have to follow those rules, yet i have to wait for police response if something happens.

I am planning on joining the nra, and i hope they challenge this law in court. I also plan on purchasing whatever stunted firearm i am allowed by my "betters"

i have read your posts

you are more like a fourth or fifth class citizen

but you can always hope

foad

Its all just silly jill. Did you know bacon is cured with salt? I guess in N.Y. now it will be done with sugar. And many heavy machine operators probably don't have room for two cups in the cab.

This is just stupid nanny shit.

The question becomes if you can "just buy two" why make the law in the first place? It is the overall nannyism of our current batch of politicans in general that makes me uncomfortable. Governments should worry about "big issues" like the economy and infrastructure, not if some fatty wants a 64 oz big gulp.

because it actually cut the amount of garbage people are drinking. and if your goal is to cut obesity and increase health awareness, you know -- make people actually think before shoving something into their face -- then it makes sense. it isn't restrictive. but it makes you take responsibilty for that second 15 ounces.

and before you go further. i don't like bloomberg... the things he focuses on border on absurd.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back